Once again Emma Watson hits us with another very unexpected look when she arrived on the red carpet for the “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2? New York Premiere tonight.

She wore a Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 gown.

As you know I’m quite obsessed with this collection, as I fell in love with Emma Stone who donned a Bottega Veneta dress to the MTV Movie Awards.

Despite my love for this collection, I was always very unsure how the gowns would look on the red carpet.

This gorgeous gown with a linen bustier and cascading satin amber flamed skirt was styled with slicked back hair and smoky eyes.

I love the gown and the hair, but the eyes are too raccoon-like for my tastes.

Giuseppe Zanotti chocolate brown platform peep toes and Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed this rustic look.

Does this leave you speechless in a good or bad way?

[nggallery id=889]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Stacy Keibler In Pamella Roland - The Hollywood Reporter's Emmy Party

Stacy Keibler In Pamella Roland – The Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy Party

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta - Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta – Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

93 Responses to Emma Watson In Bottega Veneta – Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

1. Hermione Weasley July 12, 2011 at 00:30 #

I’m in love with the fabric/color of the skirt, and she’s looking really really good. I’m not sure I like the dress, though. In this case she’s really making it work herself, imo.

2. B July 12, 2011 at 00:32 #

LOVE IT!

I would like to see her at the Oscars. it could be incredible!

3. Lily July 12, 2011 at 00:33 #

Loooove this collection too, but I didn’t fall in love with her in it, though Isabeli is rocking on the runway. Maybe because of the breasts?

4. mandy July 12, 2011 at 00:36 #

Good ! I’m left on awe. This gown is amazing and she wears it with such grace and edge at the same time and she is so young !!!!

5. Incroyable July 12, 2011 at 00:37 #

Another FLAW-FREE look from (Princess) Emma. Awe inspiring!

6. Gabby July 12, 2011 at 00:39 #

GOOD WAY!! She rocked the s**t out of this on the red carpet. I think she looks AMAZING.

Only thing that needs to change is the eye makeup. It needs to be toned down a little bit.

In distance shots, it looks like she got punched in the eye twice.

But I’m so excited. I never expected her to wear something like this!

7. Anna July 12, 2011 at 00:39 #

I’m speechless indeed. In a very, very bad way. I’m sorry, I love Bottega Veneta, but to me this gown is just hideous, and it would look so on anyone. She went big with Oscar de la Renta, and conquered practically all, but this big hits me like a huge failure.

8. gabis July 12, 2011 at 00:41 #

I agree. Although the makeup is correctly balanced with neutral lips, I still don’t like that heavy eyes. I don’t think it suits her. Other than that I LOVE everything else. A side note, is that Brazilian Model Isabelli Fontana on the Bottega Veneta runway?

9. Marvel July 12, 2011 at 00:42 #

I love it. Not Oscar at the London Premiere, but I love it nonetheless

10. lucas July 12, 2011 at 00:44 #

Isabelli Fontana work the hell with this gown, in emma is just ok.

11. Giuseppi Giraffe July 12, 2011 at 00:46 #

oh perfect- absolutely stunning. i love the eye makeup and the hair, and i think she actually fills it out better than the model- it’s too boobsicle on the runway picture

this color is perfect for her- she’s been favoring metallic shades latelyand i like the trend.

12. NooG July 12, 2011 at 00:48 #

At first I thought it looked really “witchy.” But I’m loving it – so unique!

13. heather July 12, 2011 at 00:55 #

FABULOUS!
    She’s having a great promo run-different stylings and some powerful great looks. Eyes are a little heavy, but interesting. She seems like she can wear just about anything!

14. JacobGH July 12, 2011 at 00:58 #

Don’t love or hate it. Hate to say it but Emma doesn’t quite have the bust to really fill out this dress like it should be. Case of beautiful dress on probably the wrong girl…still, not terrible

15. bec July 12, 2011 at 00:59 #

love the gown and makeup but hate the hair – it just looks greasy to me!

16. Marie July 12, 2011 at 01:06 #

It looks better on the Model.Sorry,but I don’t think it looks great.UK Premier much better :/

17. Karen July 12, 2011 at 01:09 #

im more fond of this gown than the last! i just dont really care for her hair…

18. Carolina July 12, 2011 at 01:09 #

I don’t think she has the either carriage or presence for this yet. It’s a Catherine DeNeuve gown, or Loren in younger years.

19. Wendy July 12, 2011 at 01:10 #

Wow!…that’s all I can say! :)

20. lifeisdolce July 12, 2011 at 01:10 #

love it. best look of her press tour. i love the make up, too, and her jewels are stunning; it’s dramatic, and edgy, rather than boring and girly like she usually does

21. Dhppy July 12, 2011 at 01:16 #

I don’t get the draping on this skirt at all.

22. mol July 12, 2011 at 01:21 #

I fall into the ‘love it’ category – I adore the overall mood of this and while from a distance, the eyes seem overdone, the close up shot actually looks wonderful to me…..Also, I agree with Giuseppi Giraffe, that the bust looks better on Emma than the runway model.

23. Raquel July 12, 2011 at 01:22 #

I’m not a bog fan of the dress itself, but she looks lovely. The heavy smoked eyes are okay, too. She is young and she can pull it off.

24. Gabby July 12, 2011 at 01:26 #

I just saw it in high def and I love how the dress is “rough around the edges.” It’s not all neat and tapered.

I think the fact that Emma has a small bust makes the dress work better. On someone like Sophia Vergara, it would be too much.

25. karen July 12, 2011 at 01:28 #

I loved everything but the eye make up. It really is a bit distracting. Other than that, she looks quite beautiful.
    My mom was screaming at Alan Jackson, last time I let her see a live streaming.

26. karen July 12, 2011 at 01:29 #

I mean Rickman. stupid me.

27. Matt R July 12, 2011 at 01:46 #

While I agree that her makeup artist went a little too Taylor Momsen on Emma’s makeup, the gown itself looks gorgeous. Just because Emma isn’t as busty as the model, it still fits Emma well, in my opinion. Definitely not what I was expecting, but she looks beautiful none-the-less

28. Mallory July 12, 2011 at 01:46 #

GORGEOUS!

29. Amanda July 12, 2011 at 01:51 #

I agree with Carolina. She looks a bit too juvenile or petite for this dress. I dont think she has the presence yet. She is not really carrying it. The dress is wearing her, and not the other way round. She is drowning and looks like she is overwhelmed and insecure.

I dont know, I think this dress needs maybe someone older, taller, more seasoned and with more presence. There’s a noticeable diference between her and Isabeli, both wearing the same dress. Isabeli rocks it, Emma doesn’t.

Imagine Cate Blanchett wearing it.

30. Amanda July 12, 2011 at 01:52 #

And yes, the eye make up is too heavy for her face.

31. Hisadora July 12, 2011 at 01:57 #

I don’t like this at all. But it will grow on me.

32. Saad July 12, 2011 at 02:02 #

she gave as the good Emma in London and the dark side of her in New york Looooooooove it Fierce

33. Michelle July 12, 2011 at 02:21 #

This was very unexpected, I have mixed feelings about the dress, I don’t think it works for Emma

34. asherlev1 July 12, 2011 at 02:35 #

I love Emma, really, I do, but it’s not just the gown that’s not working for me – it’s the hair. I miss the old color and I also preferred it when it was shorter than this. Her hair’s growing out, and I don’t think she’s managed to make it really work for her these past few looks.

She should seriously hire Carey Mulligan’s hair stylist.

35. Nat39 July 12, 2011 at 02:39 #

The whole look is absolutely PERFECT. Everything works including the makeup (it does work here), Yay for the slicked back hair. The best look (in which all the elements actually come together) from Emma for me. BDOTW worthy.

36. Julie July 12, 2011 at 02:41 #

This would work better on a curvier woman. Also, does Emma ever smile?

37. Catherine July 12, 2011 at 02:54 #

Not a fan of the dress at all. The material and the odd draping in the skirt.. much prefer the London premiere!

38. AJoanna July 12, 2011 at 03:04 #

I hate to say this as I absolutely adore Emma but…. I don’t like this at all. I hate the color and style of this gown. The only thing I like is the makeup and hair. =[ I’m really hoping for an after party right now.

39. Yaas July 12, 2011 at 03:16 #

I like this look on her, specially the bust area which is a nice fit, not tight. The eye make up doesn’t bother me.

40. moja31 July 12, 2011 at 03:46 #

it’s a very different look for her, but i think she’s working it. i love it.

41. Jen July 12, 2011 at 03:57 #

I quite like the eye makeup as a change of pace. The edges could perhaps have been softened a bit, but they go well with the drama of the dress.

42. Rebecca Z July 12, 2011 at 03:57 #

I think she looks great. Amazing dress and her makeup is fun–she gets to experiment and take risks, even if they don’t succeed 100%. I think the eyes look great up close. And this movie is dark, so it is okay.

43. Linda July 12, 2011 at 03:59 #

The hair and makeup are a bit too dark for me, but it looks like she’s having fun with fashion and it’s unexpected and interesting.

44. Caitlin July 12, 2011 at 04:03 #

SEXY.
    I love how the fabric of the full skirt appears to be only half-attached to the bodice, as if it’s coming away. Very very sexy

45. Katie July 12, 2011 at 05:08 #

I didn’t like this dress on the runway and I still don’t like it on Emma. But knowing she has the attitude to wear this just makes me love her more. I hope she never plays it safe.

46. Sarah NZ July 12, 2011 at 05:14 #

I love the colourI really like this but maybe the linen bodice could have a bit more to it? A bit of sparkle perhaps? I also think the model’s hair is much better than Emma’s – she needed more volume and a lighter touch with the eye makeup

47. Zarine Mohideen July 12, 2011 at 05:14 #

On someone else it may fail to impress but Emma makes it work for her!

48. Dirk July 12, 2011 at 05:54 #

I did a very slow ‘damn!’ when i saw this. Fantastic! BDOTW for me. Going out with a bang indeed.

49. Emi July 12, 2011 at 06:44 #

In a bad way. I don’t like the color of the dress, I don’t like the make up and the color of her hair. But the dress itself is beautiful, on Isabeli looks really interesting, I love the fabric of the skirt, aged that way, it looks like a costume for theater or a movie.

50. roxana July 12, 2011 at 06:56 #

ugly skirt

51. kiwi July 12, 2011 at 07:02 #

In a bad way.. I aways respect folks who try different looks, but this one is not working. I don’t like the drape. don’t mind her make up so much

52. mikeijames July 12, 2011 at 07:09 #

she’s growing up into quite the fashion plate, isn’t she?

53. Hannah July 12, 2011 at 07:13 #

Although my initial reaction was not so great, I actually love this look. I am not ordinarily an Emma fan, but I lvoe what she has been doing for this tour. I think it is all very clever. I feel that she has a perfect body for this kind of fitten bustier type dress, and I thinkt he choice to go for Bottega was clever indeed. I’m also super glad that she is wearing brown, becuase it is such a forgotten colour, for, foten, a good reason, on the red carpet, but she has great colouring for it. Also, the eyes i’m sure are part of her revlon campaign, and while I usually hate eyes liek this, had it not been for the black shading on the inner eye, along the nose ad inner brow bone, it would have been inspired.
    Also, I do not like the hair, and I feel liek something is missing, probably some more volume in the hair (I understnad that given the length of her hair this woudl be difficult), a cocktail ring, obviously, and some atittude. Had she done all that it would have been perfection imo.

54. D July 12, 2011 at 07:34 #

stunning

55. serapart July 12, 2011 at 07:39 #

as she said herself, she was going for drama, and she totally delivered! looking at other pics, she pulls this gorgeous dress off and I love the difference between those two premiers, this dress fits stylewise perfectly to the movie itself and yes the makeup might be a little heavy, but who cares ;)

56. T from Sydney July 12, 2011 at 07:50 #

i dont love it but i dont hate it

ball gowns are hard to pull off when you are not tall like a supermodel

emma is short but i think she pulls it off .

i think prefer her London dress

i like how shes pulling out all the fab dresses for this, as its the last harry potter

i for one will be crying when i watch it. it marks the end of my child hood.

57. KateS July 12, 2011 at 08:03 #

I love that she’s mixing up sweet and edgy looks. I think she looks fantastic here, extreme eye makeup and all.

58. alannah July 12, 2011 at 08:10 #

i think i prefer the dress on the runway but emma does look amazing – maybe if it didnt have that extra fold of fabric across the front i would have loved it more. what i do love though is her eye make up i think it looks amaaaaazing!!!!x

59. Juliet July 12, 2011 at 08:43 #

I think it suits her role really well,it’s very witchy,and I’m speechless in a very good way.Love the girl,love the dress,even love the make-up.

60. Lina July 12, 2011 at 09:09 #

Wow. I actually like this a lot more than the London premiere dress. AND I love the makeup. Different in a good way for Emma.

61. Sara July 12, 2011 at 09:22 #

I have to give this girl props! This took guts. She pushed the envelope with this dress and make-up. I think she carried it well despite being young. It was an artistic Grecian style IMO. This is what fashion is all about. Plus wearing miniskirts must get old after a while.

62. noo July 12, 2011 at 09:49 #

other pictures of emma in the gown just don’t look good! it’s like she sowed a curtain to her dress! and not successfully!

63. anamika July 12, 2011 at 09:58 #

she doesn’t have the eyes of Ash Rai to do that make up!
    but brave try
    I don’t like this dress (period)

64. Alina July 12, 2011 at 10:05 #

Isabeli – Stunning.
    Emma – Horror.

65. Zineb July 12, 2011 at 10:35 #

As a person who loves drama in the red carpet, I think this is a great look from Emma :)

66. Pam July 12, 2011 at 11:19 #

wowww, she looks amazing. i think the eye-makeup is just another side of Emma that we haven’t seen. she looks perfect. bdotw (:

67. rebecca o July 12, 2011 at 11:36 #

It’s way too over the top for a premiere. She looks like she’s drowning in it!

68. Lee Ann July 12, 2011 at 11:38 #

I love this collection too and ordered 3 looks from the daywear. The gown doesn’t work on her -she is too sweet even after the make up..

69. Ann July 12, 2011 at 12:31 #

Her dress goes so nicely with Rupert’s hair :)

70. Faellie July 12, 2011 at 12:34 #

I love the idea of the gown and the fabrics and colours used. From the angle shown in this picture I don’t think the execution of the “tacked on” appearance of the skirt is quite right, though.

I think the fit of the gown is good. I don’t mind the raccoon eyes – Emma is young enough and pretty enough to get away with anything, and at the final Harry Potter premier moving away from pretty-pretty and keeping away from standard Hollywood glamour seems to me like a good move for her.

71. robbie July 12, 2011 at 12:37 #

this look is so much better than the ugly oscar de la renta dress. i wish she hadnt cut her hair though the short hair really looks bad here.

72. Naama July 12, 2011 at 13:13 #

Unlike everybody else, I wasn’t crazy about her looks so far and didn’t think she deserved bdotw.

However – this look is so unique and so beautiful, it made me see her in a different light!

I like the dramatic makeup but I think it’s way too much, it should have been just one colour, more simple.

73. Lucinda July 12, 2011 at 14:12 #

Emma always keeps things interesting and I really like it. Magnificent dress choice to my mind.

74. Shopgirl July 12, 2011 at 16:02 #

I would love if she wear this dress for a photoshoot it would be really amazing but it really look good on her in this event .. I love her makeup

75. CreoleLady July 12, 2011 at 16:17 #

Her hair works with this. I like the fallen angel singed by flames on the way down effect of the dress. Different, edgy, and a beautiful fit. However, Emma has such a girl next door face that even with all of the make up, her edge is undermined by the sweet. Still BDOTW worthy imo.

76. Moxie July 12, 2011 at 16:32 #

I just can’t like this look. I love the color, but it looks like a losing entry from Project Runway where someone just tacked the skirt on with pins at the last minute.

77. Goldfish goes to españa July 12, 2011 at 16:40 #

I love it! So much better than the Oscar dress from the London premiere, which imo was boring… I live everything from the dress to the hair to the make up! I mean, This is how premiere should look like, bring out the couture and let’s blow This popsicle stand!! This i bdotw and style icon worthy;)

78. Laura's Opinion July 12, 2011 at 18:01 #

She is a young girl with the guts to wear this Bottega Veneta dress. I will giver that. By the time she is 30, she will OWN the red carpet, look what she is doing at this age!

79. Laura's Opinion July 12, 2011 at 18:02 #

*give her that*

80. marian July 12, 2011 at 18:21 #

I also love it. The makeup is beautiful in detail but I do think it too much. Still, she looks incredible and doesn’t let me down.

This dress was also just featured in UK Vogue on Laura Carmichael of Downton Abbey.

81. Emma July 12, 2011 at 19:22 #

Don’t really like this look on Emma. The dress looks much better in the several editorials I’ve seen it featured in. Sarah Jessica Parker wears it in the latest Vogue

82. z July 12, 2011 at 20:03 #

omg i am in love! bdotwwwww! love this dress, love her attitude, love the different-ness of it all. the eye makeup is a bit too much, but i love the gilded look on the lids in the close up.

83. mochababe73 July 12, 2011 at 20:53 #

I don’t like the dress, but I find that it looks better on the model. Simply because if you look at their bodies, the model fills it out better because she’s bigger. More curvy in the hip area whereas Emma has no hips.

84. Tatiana July 12, 2011 at 22:00 #

Love the dramatic eye makeup (she’s the new Lancôme girl people! Of course she’ll be wearing different makeup looks from now on!), the slicked backed hair, and jewelry. However, I hate the dress. It looks like the designer couldn’t decide whether to make a “poofy” dress or a column style dress, and this was the result. Hate it! I just want to yank that piece of satin fabric off it! Plus, in my eyes, no one can compete with Isabeli. Not even Flawless Princess Emma….

85. Karis July 12, 2011 at 22:01 #

Emma doesn’t pull this off at all. Had the potential to be a huge red carpet moment but thanks to the wrong attitude and heinous styling this falls completely flat. That’s three looks in a row from Emma I’ve hated. Girl needs to get her game back on!

86. Carmen July 12, 2011 at 22:12 #

GORGEOUS! Please but this up for BDOTW and maybe even BDOTY! I’ve got to check this collection out on style.com. :)

87. anapaula July 13, 2011 at 03:06 #

she is wearing Daniela Villegas “wind ring”
    she is so pretty and have a beautiful style.
    love ur blog

88. Jazz July 13, 2011 at 08:23 #

my jaw actually dropped. i think she looks SENSATIONAL! she looks exotic and fresh and sexy. major points to emma for shaking it up!

89. Clare July 13, 2011 at 18:19 #

GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!! The girl can do no wrong. Emma Watson is the kind of girl young girls should be looking up to; intelligent, hard working and pretty. I’d take her over Taylor whats-her-face any day!

90. Madi July 15, 2011 at 00:15 #

I would LOVE it if you did a red carpet style transformation for Emma Watson, showing all the outfits she’s worn to the HP premiere over the last ten years.

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2011 at 00:16 #

You read my mind.

I was waiting for the tour to be over to start it.

91. Jess101 July 28, 2011 at 09:57 #

she looks amazing but i don’t think this was the right dress for her.

92. meghan November 27, 2012 at 02:13 #

where can i get this? i want it for prom.