Menu

Once again Emma Watson hits us with another very unexpected look when she arrived on the red carpet for the “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2? New York Premiere tonight.

She wore a Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 gown.

As you know I’m quite obsessed with this collection, as I fell in love with Emma Stone who donned a Bottega Veneta dress to the MTV Movie Awards.

Despite my love for this collection, I was always very unsure how the gowns would look on the red carpet.

This gorgeous gown with a linen bustier and cascading satin amber flamed skirt was styled with slicked back hair and smoky eyes.

I love the gown and the hair, but the eyes are too raccoon-like for my tastes.

Giuseppe Zanotti chocolate brown platform peep toes and Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed this rustic look.

Does this leave you speechless in a good or bad way?

[nggallery id=889]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Watson In Balmain - The "Late Show With David Letterman"

Emma Watson In Balmain – The “Late Show With David Letterman”

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta - Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker In Oscar de la Renta – Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

93 Responses to Emma Watson In Bottega Veneta – Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ New York Premiere

1. roxana July 12, 2011 at 06:56 #

ugly skirt

2. Emi July 12, 2011 at 06:44 #

In a bad way. I don’t like the color of the dress, I don’t like the make up and the color of her hair. But the dress itself is beautiful, on Isabeli looks really interesting, I love the fabric of the skirt, aged that way, it looks like a costume for theater or a movie.

3. Dirk July 12, 2011 at 05:54 #

I did a very slow ‘damn!’ when i saw this. Fantastic! BDOTW for me. Going out with a bang indeed.

4. Zarine Mohideen July 12, 2011 at 05:14 #

On someone else it may fail to impress but Emma makes it work for her!

5. Sarah NZ July 12, 2011 at 05:14 #

I love the colourI really like this but maybe the linen bodice could have a bit more to it? A bit of sparkle perhaps? I also think the model’s hair is much better than Emma’s – she needed more volume and a lighter touch with the eye makeup

6. Katie July 12, 2011 at 05:08 #

I didn’t like this dress on the runway and I still don’t like it on Emma. But knowing she has the attitude to wear this just makes me love her more. I hope she never plays it safe.

7. Caitlin July 12, 2011 at 04:03 #

SEXY.
    I love how the fabric of the full skirt appears to be only half-attached to the bodice, as if it’s coming away. Very very sexy

8. Linda July 12, 2011 at 03:59 #

The hair and makeup are a bit too dark for me, but it looks like she’s having fun with fashion and it’s unexpected and interesting.

9. Rebecca Z July 12, 2011 at 03:57 #

I think she looks great. Amazing dress and her makeup is fun–she gets to experiment and take risks, even if they don’t succeed 100%. I think the eyes look great up close. And this movie is dark, so it is okay.

10. Jen July 12, 2011 at 03:57 #

I quite like the eye makeup as a change of pace. The edges could perhaps have been softened a bit, but they go well with the drama of the dress.

11. moja31 July 12, 2011 at 03:46 #

it’s a very different look for her, but i think she’s working it. i love it.

12. Yaas July 12, 2011 at 03:16 #

I like this look on her, specially the bust area which is a nice fit, not tight. The eye make up doesn’t bother me.

13. AJoanna July 12, 2011 at 03:04 #

I hate to say this as I absolutely adore Emma but…. I don’t like this at all. I hate the color and style of this gown. The only thing I like is the makeup and hair. =[ I’m really hoping for an after party right now.

14. Catherine July 12, 2011 at 02:54 #

Not a fan of the dress at all. The material and the odd draping in the skirt.. much prefer the London premiere!

15. Julie July 12, 2011 at 02:41 #

This would work better on a curvier woman. Also, does Emma ever smile?

16. Nat39 July 12, 2011 at 02:39 #

The whole look is absolutely PERFECT. Everything works including the makeup (it does work here), Yay for the slicked back hair. The best look (in which all the elements actually come together) from Emma for me. BDOTW worthy.

17. asherlev1 July 12, 2011 at 02:35 #

I love Emma, really, I do, but it’s not just the gown that’s not working for me – it’s the hair. I miss the old color and I also preferred it when it was shorter than this. Her hair’s growing out, and I don’t think she’s managed to make it really work for her these past few looks.

She should seriously hire Carey Mulligan’s hair stylist.

18. Michelle July 12, 2011 at 02:21 #

This was very unexpected, I have mixed feelings about the dress, I don’t think it works for Emma

19. Saad July 12, 2011 at 02:02 #

she gave as the good Emma in London and the dark side of her in New york Looooooooove it Fierce

20. Hisadora July 12, 2011 at 01:57 #

I don’t like this at all. But it will grow on me.

21. Amanda July 12, 2011 at 01:52 #

And yes, the eye make up is too heavy for her face.

22. Amanda July 12, 2011 at 01:51 #

I agree with Carolina. She looks a bit too juvenile or petite for this dress. I dont think she has the presence yet. She is not really carrying it. The dress is wearing her, and not the other way round. She is drowning and looks like she is overwhelmed and insecure.

I dont know, I think this dress needs maybe someone older, taller, more seasoned and with more presence. There’s a noticeable diference between her and Isabeli, both wearing the same dress. Isabeli rocks it, Emma doesn’t.

Imagine Cate Blanchett wearing it.

23. Mallory July 12, 2011 at 01:46 #

GORGEOUS!

24. Matt R July 12, 2011 at 01:46 #

While I agree that her makeup artist went a little too Taylor Momsen on Emma’s makeup, the gown itself looks gorgeous. Just because Emma isn’t as busty as the model, it still fits Emma well, in my opinion. Definitely not what I was expecting, but she looks beautiful none-the-less

25. karen July 12, 2011 at 01:29 #

I mean Rickman. stupid me.

26. karen July 12, 2011 at 01:28 #

I loved everything but the eye make up. It really is a bit distracting. Other than that, she looks quite beautiful.
    My mom was screaming at Alan Jackson, last time I let her see a live streaming.

27. Gabby July 12, 2011 at 01:26 #

I just saw it in high def and I love how the dress is “rough around the edges.” It’s not all neat and tapered.

I think the fact that Emma has a small bust makes the dress work better. On someone like Sophia Vergara, it would be too much.

28. Raquel July 12, 2011 at 01:22 #

I’m not a bog fan of the dress itself, but she looks lovely. The heavy smoked eyes are okay, too. She is young and she can pull it off.

29. mol July 12, 2011 at 01:21 #

I fall into the ‘love it’ category – I adore the overall mood of this and while from a distance, the eyes seem overdone, the close up shot actually looks wonderful to me…..Also, I agree with Giuseppi Giraffe, that the bust looks better on Emma than the runway model.

30. Dhppy July 12, 2011 at 01:16 #

I don’t get the draping on this skirt at all.

31. lifeisdolce July 12, 2011 at 01:10 #

love it. best look of her press tour. i love the make up, too, and her jewels are stunning; it’s dramatic, and edgy, rather than boring and girly like she usually does

32. Wendy July 12, 2011 at 01:10 #

Wow!…that’s all I can say! 🙂

33. Carolina July 12, 2011 at 01:09 #

I don’t think she has the either carriage or presence for this yet. It’s a Catherine DeNeuve gown, or Loren in younger years.

34. Karen July 12, 2011 at 01:09 #

im more fond of this gown than the last! i just dont really care for her hair…

35. Marie July 12, 2011 at 01:06 #

It looks better on the Model.Sorry,but I don’t think it looks great.UK Premier much better :/

36. bec July 12, 2011 at 00:59 #

love the gown and makeup but hate the hair – it just looks greasy to me!

37. JacobGH July 12, 2011 at 00:58 #

Don’t love or hate it. Hate to say it but Emma doesn’t quite have the bust to really fill out this dress like it should be. Case of beautiful dress on probably the wrong girl…still, not terrible

38. heather July 12, 2011 at 00:55 #

FABULOUS!
    She’s having a great promo run-different stylings and some powerful great looks. Eyes are a little heavy, but interesting. She seems like she can wear just about anything!

39. NooG July 12, 2011 at 00:48 #

At first I thought it looked really “witchy.” But I’m loving it – so unique!

40. Giuseppi Giraffe July 12, 2011 at 00:46 #

oh perfect- absolutely stunning. i love the eye makeup and the hair, and i think she actually fills it out better than the model- it’s too boobsicle on the runway picture

this color is perfect for her- she’s been favoring metallic shades latelyand i like the trend.

41. lucas July 12, 2011 at 00:44 #

Isabelli Fontana work the hell with this gown, in emma is just ok.

42. Marvel July 12, 2011 at 00:42 #

I love it. Not Oscar at the London Premiere, but I love it nonetheless

43. gabis July 12, 2011 at 00:41 #

I agree. Although the makeup is correctly balanced with neutral lips, I still don’t like that heavy eyes. I don’t think it suits her. Other than that I LOVE everything else. A side note, is that Brazilian Model Isabelli Fontana on the Bottega Veneta runway?

44. Anna July 12, 2011 at 00:39 #

I’m speechless indeed. In a very, very bad way. I’m sorry, I love Bottega Veneta, but to me this gown is just hideous, and it would look so on anyone. She went big with Oscar de la Renta, and conquered practically all, but this big hits me like a huge failure.

45. Gabby July 12, 2011 at 00:39 #

GOOD WAY!! She rocked the s**t out of this on the red carpet. I think she looks AMAZING.

Only thing that needs to change is the eye makeup. It needs to be toned down a little bit.

In distance shots, it looks like she got punched in the eye twice.

But I’m so excited. I never expected her to wear something like this!

46. Incroyable July 12, 2011 at 00:37 #

Another FLAW-FREE look from (Princess) Emma. Awe inspiring!

47. mandy July 12, 2011 at 00:36 #

Good ! I’m left on awe. This gown is amazing and she wears it with such grace and edge at the same time and she is so young !!!!

48. Lily July 12, 2011 at 00:33 #

Loooove this collection too, but I didn’t fall in love with her in it, though Isabeli is rocking on the runway. Maybe because of the breasts?

49. B July 12, 2011 at 00:32 #

LOVE IT!

I would like to see her at the Oscars. it could be incredible!

50. Hermione Weasley July 12, 2011 at 00:30 #

I’m in love with the fabric/color of the skirt, and she’s looking really really good. I’m not sure I like the dress, though. In this case she’s really making it work herself, imo.