11.07.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William attended a reception to mark the Launch of Tusk Trust’s US Patron’s Circle in Santa Barbara, California yesterday which was the last day of their North American Tour.

The Duchess reverted back to her favourite safe colours of navy and white.

A navy and white Whistles crochet top was paired with a Whistles white pleated skirt.

Her favourite navy Prada pumps completed her look.

Fashion-wise many will consider this a successful tour for Catherine, but the only thing I will remember is her buttercup Jenny Packham dress and her red Lock and Co maple leaf fascinator.

Everything else blurred into one.

Credit: Getty

Anna Kournikova In Tadashi Shoji - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Anna Kournikova In Tadashi Shoji – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Cat Deeley In Christian Dior - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Cat Deeley In Christian Dior – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

25 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Whistles – Reception To Mark Launch Of Tusk’s US Patrons Circle

1. Lee Ann July 11, 2011 at 19:55 #

You remembered 2 more things then I did

2. noo July 11, 2011 at 20:07 #

the yellow jenny packham was my absolute favorite thing she’s ever worn!

3. Matt July 11, 2011 at 20:09 #

I don’t know if it’s her makeup but she keeps aging drastically. Please, hire a makeup artist and hair stylist, we get it, you are like regular people.

4. liv July 11, 2011 at 20:32 #

@matt, she did bring her hair stylist with her. but i concur with the makeup artist idea.

5. JacobGH July 11, 2011 at 20:38 #

I agree, this was a pretty underwhelming trip fashion-wise. I know she’s not a Hollywood starlet and maybe fashion isn’t as much of a priority to her, so I can let certain things slide, but it’s hard to justify a constant barrage of boring, bland, safe looks on top of nightmarishly amateur hair and makeup. Better luck next time?

6. Camille July 11, 2011 at 20:59 #

Once again she’s dressing like an old toddler!! This has been one of the most boring tours I think I’ve ever seen. Not a single one of her looks pops out at me and her hair and make-up have been just terrible. I for one will not miss seeing her everyday in beige, navy, and white.
    – Sidenote: is it just me or is her right eyebrow shorter than her left one.

7. Jenny July 11, 2011 at 21:27 #

The future queen of England in crochet?? Was this a nod to California crunchiness?

8. DivaMom July 11, 2011 at 21:28 #

The close up….oh my!

The dress isn’t as unfortunate as some of the other boring choices she’s made. I rather like the detail on the blouse. Lovely woman all around but fashion just ain’t her thing. I’m loving the tighter curls in her hair though…

9. Sarah July 11, 2011 at 22:07 #

Something about this look irks me. I think the individual pieces could work, but not all together. If she wants to hire a stylist, I am available :D

10. rezina July 11, 2011 at 22:21 #

i understand you guys’ frustration from a fashion point of view but i’d just like to say that the way she is carrying herself – not indulging in designer clothes all the time, choosing her own clothes, re-wearing things etc. is all in all a very good thing. i dont want to see her as a fashion icon. there are plenty of celebrities for that. she is supposed to represent our country and all that matters is she does it looking respectable. i dont want the future queen of england to become just another celebrity. that is all i have to say! :)

11. Cashawna July 11, 2011 at 22:33 #

I have never comment on any of her outfits choice since this tour started but i’m a regular on her i dont miss a day not even saturday when FC doesnt really blog and i’ve never seen a more boring royal. she has all eyes on her give the people a show surpises us kim kardasian have more style than her and thats saying alot. i also read the comment saying she jus t tryin to be a regular girl but come on u marry a prince the nothing regular about. she need a stylist ASAP and also a makeup artist. shes so boring and i’m sorry to the people who think what i wrote might be disrespectful love u FC AND THANKS FOR YOUR FASHION ADVICES LOVE U XOXO

12. Roberta July 11, 2011 at 22:40 #

Before being Queen Consort of England, she is the Queen of Fashion Boredom. May a stylist save the Queen!

13. Inês Almeida July 11, 2011 at 22:43 #

What I think is that the majority of people can’t distinguish between a boring style or a classic one, like Kate has. She’s a lady, she wears classy and beautiful clothes. She’s not a pop star, she’s the future queen of England! You can’t expect that she would turn out to be a freak… I don’t see what is wrong with her style. For me, she’s an icon. Beautiful, elegant, classy… Kate has many qualities that most of the women want to achieve.

14. Matt July 11, 2011 at 23:52 #

No one is asking her to go Gaga or anyone in hollywood, we just want her to have fun with her look. Take Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned for instance, She’s Muslim, so she has to be covered from head to toe yet she manages to have fun with she wears. There is nothing Iconic or classic about Kate’s fashion. Is she beautiful, yes? even though she keeps painting her face in a way that ages her.

15. mol July 11, 2011 at 23:53 #

Because we almost always see Kate with William, I see the one in the context of the other – they are very well matched, they appear as a conservative, well behaved, good looking couple. I really don’t expect fashion from them, but might be interested in what they chose to do with their status in terms of the charities they promote, good works they do, etc….(i am not a royalist!) I really do think she looks fine, a very pretty woman with a lovely smile…..

16. robbie July 12, 2011 at 12:46 #

this is possibly my favourite look from the whole tour. i would kill for that top.

17. Alexandra July 12, 2011 at 12:56 #

she may be not going for Fashion Icon status, but I still love every single thing she wears, each of her dresses will be welcome in my closet ;) maybe i just love such sweet, elegant style, and it does match her personality. we expect her to go all Michelle Obama but it’s just not like her. her tour might have not been exceptionally outstanding but I still loved it.

she could use a good makeup artist, though

18. Leti July 12, 2011 at 15:22 #

This is actually one of my favorites because I think it’s one of the best executed. The cut is flattering and not too slim, making her look too broad in the shoulders or like a bobble head. Nor is it the cut too loose (couldn’t get over that with the yellow dress) so that she was swimming it. I like the bulk of the crochet because it balances her out a bit. It’s also nice to see her put her hair up, even just half up.

19. Prat July 12, 2011 at 16:00 #

She is a Princess.. and future Queen. NOT Gaga. so if she is safe in colour choices etc its OK.. its her first tour in her new capacity…. its ok to be comfy where 1000 cameras go flashing and people like us wait to comment…. besides, she, Michelle Obama and their likes – its cool to be fashionable but i at least wud rather they use their roles for greater causes than feed the fashion frenzy…. leave that for Blake Lively. or GAGA (at worst)

20. Elaine2 July 12, 2011 at 16:11 #

Wow, opinions are all over the place with this outfit. I thought it was one of her weakest looks from the entire tour – and there were many in that department IMO. Hopefully she’ll work on putting together a better wardrobe in the next year….so far it’s been quite unimpressive which is a shame because she is a beautiful young woman.

21. serenissima July 12, 2011 at 19:16 #

@rezina: the US FLOTUS Michelle Obama also manages to ‘not indulge in designer clothes all the time, choosing her own clothes, re-wearing things etc.’ without looking atrociously boring with hideous hair and make-up all the time. just saying.

no breaks for Catherine in my eyes… she needs to step her game up

22. carol July 12, 2011 at 20:16 #

I think this clothe is so boring,like said before the weakest of their tour in US.She looks like aged 10 years since the wedding!OMG

23. lilili July 12, 2011 at 21:07 #

It is just not memorable, nothing, not even her red hat… :(

24. andrea July 15, 2011 at 16:41 #

I think she got your memo, her make up is less harsh than before

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2011 at 16:46 #