11.07.11

Anna Kournikova In Tadashi Shoji – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Former tennis star Anna Kournikova attended the BAFTA Brits To Watch Event in LA on Saturday night.

She wore a beautiful Tadashi Shoji jade green gown.

The elegant one-shoulder gown features a cascading ruffle detail from its gathered waistline which shows a silky lining.

My only problem with this look is the hair, as it looks like she just stepped off a Court at Wimbledon or Flushing Meadows after going 5 sets with Serena Williams.

Credit: Getty

Juno Temple In Miu Miu - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Juno Temple In Miu Miu – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Whistles - Reception To Mark Launch Of Tusk's US Patrons Circle

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Whistles – Reception To Mark Launch Of Tusk’s US Patrons Circle

11 Responses to Anna Kournikova In Tadashi Shoji – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

1. mari July 11, 2011 at 20:27 #

beautiful dress in an exquisite color. Love it. I wish her hair looked shinier, but she’s pretty either way.

2. Marybeth July 11, 2011 at 22:26 #

[Her hair] ” looks like she just stepped off a Court at Wimbledon or Flushing Meadows after going 5 sets with Serena Williams.”
    LOL!!!

But, my goodness, the rest of her is gorgeous!

3. Linda July 11, 2011 at 22:31 #

The dress is stunning. The hair lets it down.

4. bec July 11, 2011 at 22:56 #

She does absolutely nothing for me…I’ve never understood the fuss about her..

5. sydneycheekychic July 12, 2011 at 00:57 #

From this angle her shoes look quite heavy for the dress as well. I think she looks better without makeup and in something casual. :-)

6. Emi July 12, 2011 at 06:51 #

Can I say that I like this look from forehead to toe? The hair is quite tacky. I think she could choose a lighter make up, too. But the dress is very beautiful.

7. Hannah July 12, 2011 at 07:42 #

She’s beautiful, teh dress is beautiful, but it still look suber trashy. The pose, teh eye makeup, the shoes, the hair especially, it all ruins a really gorgeous gown.

8. anamika July 12, 2011 at 11:08 #

The dress is lovely
    Inside the room the hair color looks good.
    but on these two photos it looks like she did blonde plantine meche mixed with golden blonde
    and it looks like grey haired woman with blonde hair….a total mess!
    couldn’t she have tried a ruffled up chignon..instead a simple pony tail?..and to hide her ears….whick looks like Mr Spook in female :-)
    The black oiled eye-liner….looks so make-up beginner to me…..black smudge proof pencil or eyeliner then mixed with black power over the pencil or eyeline to make the look much more glamour and softer!….pink on the top of eyes that could have made her eyes bigger!….a more darker eye brow pencil could have made a more cats eyes effect!
    the barely or natural blush and lip-gloss should be kept for the supermarket!
    I always believe when you throw your hair up you must not play down the make up….you have to sell your eyes cheeks and smile!
    on red carpet you’re here to sell and cat fight with others! :-)
    she looks like these old bollywood actress from the ’60. with that eyeliner

9. Iris July 14, 2011 at 01:30 #

Beautiful dress, beautiful fit, beautiful colour. I wish she had added drop earings and a more delicate shoe, the platform doesnt work with the elegance of this dress. I dont mind her hair but a slightly lower ponytail would have looked better and hopefully that grey tinge to her hair is only the lighting

10. Katie July 14, 2011 at 15:43 #

Wow fab dress,mm her hair looks out of place she is still stunning though

11. adriana July 15, 2011 at 14:25 #

she is the worse!!! the dress it’s georgeous, but what up with the hair???????? and the clutch ans shoes, she REALLY NEEDS A STYLIST SOOOO BAD!!!