10.07.11

Nicole Kidman In Elie Saab Couture – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Best Embellishments/Best Couture Award
Nicole Kidman sparkled on the red carpet at the BAFTA Brits To Watch Event, which was held at the Belasco Theatre in LA yesterday evening.

The Australian actress wore a custom Elie Saab gown.

Ice blue is a fabulous colour for Nicole, as it brings out the colour in her eyes.

The embellished gown with structured shoulders also has a drape detailing at the back.

Whilst I like the Manolo Blahnik heels, I’m not too crazy about the satin Ferragamo clutch.

The colour matches, yet it feels so out of place for me.

I would’ve preferred a box shaped minaudière which wasn’t so in the way.

Many of you have tagged Nicole as being boring on the red carpet for the past few years, so what do you think about this look?

[nggallery id=886]

Credit: Getty

Blake Lively In Marchesa - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Blake Lively In Marchesa – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Jennifer Lopez In Emilio Pucci - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Jennifer Lopez In Emilio Pucci – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

38 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Elie Saab Couture – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

1. Moxie July 10, 2011 at 14:06 #

Lovely, although she’s a bit pale. I had the opposite thought — I like the bag with the gown but not the shoes.

2. Pati July 10, 2011 at 14:06 #

Fabulous! Finally!

3. Ali July 10, 2011 at 14:09 #

Her hair ruins what would have been perfection…the fringe. And her clutch, as you said, is so wrong

• Hermione Weasley July 10, 2011 at 14:18 #

I agree about the hair.

• Danika July 10, 2011 at 14:52 #

Yeah, the hair is distracting, but I have to say I love the dress! It’s definitely felt like she has her mojo back lately, and this is a stunning dress and she wears it really well. She always looks Botoxed, but I’m just glad to see her wearing something beautiful that doesn’t fade into the background, and smiling widely. Baby steps?

• CB July 10, 2011 at 15:19 #

I agree. Wish she would have worn it up– the back would have looked much more stunning.

• Marybeth July 10, 2011 at 17:22 #

AbsoluteIy.
        wonder if she wore it down to partially cover the back, fearing she would be showing too much skin otherwise.
        If so, I think she was being TOO conservative.

4. Elaine2 July 10, 2011 at 14:11 #

Not into that dress at all, it doesn’t flatter her figure – and that bag doesn’t work at all. The whole look is pretty matronly, IMO.

5. Emi July 10, 2011 at 14:17 #

The dress is gorgeous, really. I love the back and the structured shoulders. I agree with you about the satin clutch. This is look is not boring, but there’s no sign of the “old” stunning Nicole. Plus, she said she stopped getting botox, but her face is still so plastic… plus, if you look at the close up it’s strange on the right temple.

6. robbie July 10, 2011 at 14:20 #

absolutely gorgeous all except for the hair, it just lets it down so much. i really do wish she would go back to that vibrant red she had in moulin rouge, even though it was a wig that colour just looked so great on her.

7. Marvel July 10, 2011 at 14:21 #

A great look. This and her Grammy are couple of her best looks in recent years

8. Alina July 10, 2011 at 14:55 #

The dress is stunning but she’s not selling it to me.

• Linda July 10, 2011 at 15:06 #

That’s it in a nutshell. Hair up would be a lot better. That said, she does look nice and better than usual.

9. Anna July 10, 2011 at 14:58 #

like it but don’t love it. It certainly is a vast improvement from most of her red carpet looks, but I don’t feel like she’s ever going to get her groove back. Shoes, hair and clutch aside, what’s going on with her FACE?

10. Erin July 10, 2011 at 14:58 #

It’s the best she’s looked in YEARS. If she only put her hair up, she would have been perfection.

11. Jones19 July 10, 2011 at 15:04 #

She looks like a porcelain statue in dresses like these and that’s when Nicole really shines, ice blue really works with her hair/skin tone. Love it.

12. anamika July 10, 2011 at 15:15 #

a big beauty “la Kidman”
    beautiful dress and beautiful body…..Lovely make up….and sweet lips that enhances her smile

the story changes when she truns around…..her all of sudden long hair suxs…and spoils the whole dress cut!
    sry La Kidman ….you’re diva and we know you can do much more better!

13. TJ July 10, 2011 at 15:36 #

The dress is fabulous! Mrs Tom Hanks was also in ES

14. carolina July 10, 2011 at 15:48 #

i used to love nicole on the red carpet. i always though she’s a pure perfection! but now.. i don’t know. i think she’s lost the ommph! love the dress but something just isn’t perfect anymore. probably the hair. i’m glad she’s wearing a fabulos gown though! as her choice had dissapointing this past few years.

15. Alex July 10, 2011 at 16:13 #

It’s best I’ve seen her in a while. I’m very impressed with this look. I guess when you’re as statesque as Nicole and you’re wearing custom made Elie Saab you can do no wrong.

16. Nat39 July 10, 2011 at 16:35 #

Pretty dress but the overall look isn’t working for me. As it’s been mentioned her hair is wrong for this dress, also not crazy about the clutch.

17. M July 10, 2011 at 16:39 #

she looks fantastic! not given up hope on her.. cos i always feel she can do it!!

18. Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 16:51 #

Elie Saab is THE best red carpet designer. Actually, he is one of the best designers now. He cannot make an ugly gown.

19. Leti July 10, 2011 at 17:07 #

I love this for her. The gown is stunning. The clutch isn’t great, but my biggest peeve is the hair. Why wear an open backed dress only to cover it up with hair extensions. Hair down might have been passable at a more reasonable length, but this is ridiculous–she’s obviously wearing extensions.

20. Verena July 10, 2011 at 17:07 #

I really love the fact that people have stopped wearing updos on the red carpet that much. If the dress doesn’t require it (because the neckline is THE most eye-catching detail or something), it feels much more modern.

Oh, and that colour is so, so nice on her!

21. Marybeth July 10, 2011 at 17:18 #

This is what makes Elie Saab such a fantastic designer.
    You can get the clutch wrong. You can get the hair very, very wrong. But the dress covers the multitude of sins.

22. mol July 10, 2011 at 18:02 #

The first picture on the left (my left) sold me (minus the clutch); but then the back view (too much hair) and the close ups (too much botox, or something?) pushed me into the negative column. It is a gorgeous dress though, and the color is perfect on her.

23. Hannah July 10, 2011 at 18:31 #

I am adorin ghte new direction wih the styling, but there is never any kidman magic, and there hasn’t been really for maybe 5 years. I blame this largely on her obvious facial work, she just isn’t as beautiful as she was, and her facial expressions are nto helping. I also think that if she used some sort of eyedrops, to brighten her eyes or to get rid of the redness, would help. I don’t mean to be offensive, but if he wears amkeup, surely eyedrops are no biggie. Her hair, though, is the worst thing. Her hair has managed to ruin a series of beautiful dresses worn recently by la kidman, and I really wish she woudl dye it a more natural colour, and lighter.

24. Megan July 10, 2011 at 18:59 #

Stunning.The colour is wonderful on her.

25. Regina July 10, 2011 at 19:38 #

Lovely dress, but she really has ruined her beautiful face with Botox. Remember her in The Others? She was like a doll.

26. anna July 10, 2011 at 20:31 #

STUNNING!
    It’s a pity she didn’t do something better with her hair

27. Rebecca Z July 10, 2011 at 20:55 #

She needs to cut out the botox–her mouth is starting to look deformed

28. Shopgirl July 11, 2011 at 07:20 #

Loove the dress alot but the boring hair with the clatch is Big No

29. karen July 11, 2011 at 07:53 #

I don’t like it. She looks so boring. I remember back in the days, Nicole was always a step ahead of the curve. Now it seems like she’s trying to catch up but unfortunately, she fails with either boring looks or a disastrous one.

30. SSN July 11, 2011 at 10:39 #

Fabulous!

31. Tatiana July 11, 2011 at 16:54 #

Hair should’ve been up, a minaudiére would’ve been much better, and the shoes should’ve been sparkly peep toes.

32. mochababe73 July 11, 2011 at 23:07 #

I wish that she had put her hair up. Nicole ruined the back of the dress with that tired looking hair.

33. Julia July 16, 2011 at 15:34 #

The baby blue does nothing for her. All that fake hair.She was so much better looking when she was natural. When you could see her freckles. Her naturally curly hair. Now she looks like someone else.