[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]
Menu

10.07.11

Jennifer Garner In YSL – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Best Dressed Award
With my favourite gals, (Jennifer Lopez & Blake Lively), plus my favourite designer (Elie Saab) on this BAFTA Brits To Watch Event red carpet, I’m sure you are shocked that I picked Jennifer Garner as my best dressed.

I was totally mesmerized by her navy blue YSL gown.

The beautiful satin draped gown is rich both in colour and its simplicity.

Jennifer may not have been going for the wow factor on this occasion, but she wowed me.

Jen opted for simple loose waves and a soft pink lipshade, with gold David Webb earrings and a gold box clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Reem Acra - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Reem Acra – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA Brits To Watch Event?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA Brits To Watch Event?

58 Responses to Jennifer Garner In YSL – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

1. Luiza July 11, 2011 at 20:11 #

She is looking pretty indeed.. but somehow the overall look ages her a bit.. she could have put a color on her lips or maybe a more playful clutch. Something is missing imo.

2. K July 11, 2011 at 19:05 #

Jennifer looked gorgeous at the event. I love that she didn’t look like she was trying too hard; she looked as if she just threw on a gorgeous gown last minute and dropped by the event to meet Kate and William like an old friend. No big deal.

3. Laura's Opinion July 11, 2011 at 18:33 #

it was YSL. Nice

4. jones19 July 11, 2011 at 15:44 #

Wow simple but stunning, great look.

5. Fraser July 11, 2011 at 14:00 #

Thank you, FC!!

I am sure – like many – I would have passed this look by but you are quite right this is stunning, Or rather Jennifer + dress is stunning.

6. Regina July 11, 2011 at 09:54 #

She look amazing….
    If she win BDOTW, i ll vote for her in BDOTY cause its so simple but i cant take my eyes of her.. Goddess

7. lipsticklover July 11, 2011 at 09:14 #

I agree with you that Jen looks stunning.
    In my opinion this is one of the best dressed events in ages!
    Also loved gugu, blake and zooey.

8. Katharine July 11, 2011 at 08:42 #

This is one of the best dresses of the year, definitely week, so far. It’s good to see Jennifer Garner embodying grace and elegance – I think this is her best look on the red carpet since the 2004 Oscars.

9. AnnRios July 11, 2011 at 08:35 #

Stunning

while going through the event photos, it was the dress that made look twice, she looks perfect…really the best dressed of the week

10. Ayesha July 11, 2011 at 08:28 #

WOW!!the hair make up,jewellery and of course the gown,THAT COLOR,structure,everything is soo soo perfect!!!

11. Gabby July 11, 2011 at 03:15 #

Stunning gown!! She looks amazing!

12. Catherine July 11, 2011 at 02:45 #

Stunning! I was browsing through photos from the event and she stood out for me. Looking gorgeous 🙂 BDOTW candidate I think!

13. Nina July 10, 2011 at 21:45 #

Jennifer Garner looks stunning in this blue Eli Saab gown. Thanx FC.

14. Nikki July 10, 2011 at 21:34 #

I love the color of the gown.

I don’t like how the it drapes on her hips though. It doesn’t fit her well…there’s a weird bump (of fabric) on the bodice. Her hair is unruly and the lighter shade on her bangs is tacky.

Lovely earrings and her makeup is flawless.

15. Hannah July 10, 2011 at 21:34 #

I loved this until I saw it on people.com and saw the shoes. Delicte gold sandals would have been much preffered, but I guess the height was necessary to pull off this divine gown. I am just so desperate to find out who it is by, there are so many similar, but no the same styles by so many different deisgners, SO frustrating!

16. Hermione Weasley July 10, 2011 at 21:08 #

I agree with you, she was my favorite as well. So simple, yet stunning. It’s very fresh and chic!

17. Emi July 10, 2011 at 20:44 #

I think this is one of her best red carpets, ever. She looks stunning. The dress is gorgeous, the color, the drapery, everything is perfect. She looks beautiful, perfect make up, simple hair, right accessories. BDOTW, of course!

18. anna July 10, 2011 at 20:20 #

this navy blue is beautiful.
    the color looks great against her skin…
    but i do’nt like the dress at all. not best dressed IMO.
    its too loosy.

19. Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 20:19 #

Any updates on who the designer is of this dress?

20. Elaine2 July 10, 2011 at 20:18 #

My favorite part of her look is her makeup. The color of the dress is great too – I’m surprised the Duchess didn’t go for that color since it seems to have dominated her wardrobe on her trip. LOL.

Alas though, I am not fond of Jen’s hairstyle or the style of this dress. I don’t think it flatters her figure.

21. Pati July 10, 2011 at 20:02 #

I love it, and the earing are stunning!

22. Shell July 10, 2011 at 19:31 #

What makes her look so beautiful is you can’t smell the desperation for attention on her. She looks effortless which is refreshing

23. Lee Ann July 10, 2011 at 19:07 #

This is how to dress for an event but keep it elegant and young.

24. anamika July 10, 2011 at 18:45 #

beautiful dress
    her face is okay
    to me this easy day to day hair style is not cuppa tea!

I think this dress could been more pumped and worned in more torride attitude …..like some hot blooded women (Sophia Loren)

no oooomph

• Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 21:40 #

I known what you mean. I don’t think she owned the dress. A red blooded woman, like….. Penelope Cruz or someone. Even Catherine Zeta Jones. She was still the best dressed at the event

25. mol July 10, 2011 at 18:37 #

I can only echo all the love – a class act, truly gorgeous!

26. Lia July 10, 2011 at 18:33 #

perfection.

27. AJoanna July 10, 2011 at 18:22 #

This may be one of my favorite red carpet dresses of all time. The color, fit, and drape are absolutely divine. Jennifer looks fantastic. I don’t think she even realizes how ridiculousy amazing she looks.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 18:26 #

Spot on. She has no clue.

28. lilili July 10, 2011 at 18:05 #

Wow, very beautifull, very elegant, indeed mesmerizing!
    I also love the newcomer, both she and jen are wearing this beautifull blue 🙂

29. Verena July 10, 2011 at 17:40 #

Best dressed, definitely!

For me, Garner often has the problem that she looks somewhat homely even tho she’s dress to the nines. But this time, she doesn’t. She looks so, so good! I love how the loose waves work so well on her. Beautiful!

30. pipsqueak July 10, 2011 at 17:36 #

Stunning! Jen seems to have lost some weight, which gave the look a more airy feel. But that’s a minor point. Mostly, I love the color and design of the gown. I also love how she looked very poised, graceful and sophisticated here – big change from her grins-with-dimples, ponytail-fits-all days.

31. Dhppy July 10, 2011 at 17:31 #

This took my breath away. Jennifer looks effortlessly glamorous. Elie Saab is amazing, and the latest couture collection had me agog.

32. Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 17:29 #

I feel like the event was a style win. Everyone dressed as well as they could. Expect for JLO who proved everyone right and dressed exactly how they would expect her to dress.

33. Marybeth July 10, 2011 at 17:25 #

Beautiful. Classy.

34. Joy July 10, 2011 at 17:18 #

I’m in total agreement!! Jennnifer looks absolutely beautiful. She looks super elegant. I liked a lot of the looks but found this dress to be perfect for the occasion. Some of the other looks just don’t go with meeting the future King & Queen. I too was very surprised by the tackiness of my girl JLO.

35. Alex July 10, 2011 at 17:14 #

Once again FC I absolutely agree with you. The colour is just simply divine. She surprised me in the best way possible looking so fantastic. I love the loose style of the dress, and her make up and hair are flawless.

I seriously don’t remember such well dressed event in a long while.

36. N. July 10, 2011 at 17:12 #

This is my BDOTW. It’s an excellent look, I love the way the fabric drapes against her body, and the rich navy fabric which balances the minimalism of the dress. She looks hot, amazing, stunning… and as elegant as one can look. I love her make-up as well.

37. Nat39 July 10, 2011 at 17:06 #

Love the gown, and the earrings go well with it. The clutch however is too boxy for this dress, and I’d prefer a gorgeous updo with it.

38. mark July 10, 2011 at 17:01 #

the fit isn’t great imo. too loose in the middle portion. definitely wouldn’t class this as ‘best dressed’ of the night.

• Aimz14 July 10, 2011 at 21:18 #

i agree, the colour is amazing but i don’t think the draping is quite right. it looks like there is some excess material in the middle potion imo.

39. Maggie July 10, 2011 at 17:00 #

She looks sensational, such a good colour for her. She looks really good with her lightened hair also.

40. couturecoco July 10, 2011 at 16:59 #

STUNNING! I love deep blue for evening. This looks like the dress Halle Berry wore recently in raspberry?

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 17:05 #

Very similar, you are right

41. Leti July 10, 2011 at 16:54 #

This is definitely a case where the wearer makes the dress! Jenn is owning this, and I love it. I wish we could see the Duchess in something like this. This is how to dress modestly, but keep it interesting (of course, even exposing one should might be too revealing for Catherine).

42. rebecca o July 10, 2011 at 16:52 #

This is the best she’s looked in ages. Very elegant.

43. Karis July 10, 2011 at 16:47 #

Jennifer gets my silver medal for this event. Only beaten by the gorgeous Reem Acra look from Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

44. Linda July 10, 2011 at 16:47 #

She does look beautiful. I haven’t seen her look this great for a long while. The navy colour really complements her.

45. Incroyable July 10, 2011 at 16:44 #

FLAW-FREE! The level of grace and divinity in this look is truly hypnotic.

46. Alina July 10, 2011 at 16:42 #

My other favourite of the night. Stunning – so regal !

47. moja31 July 10, 2011 at 16:41 #

I can’t remember the last time she looked this hot; she looks stunning.

48. Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 16:37 #

This is how you do it. This is Hollywood Royalty. I love the gold earrings, Very rachel Zoe. I bet she styled this, the girls work together a lot.

Take note JLO! Come Princess Kate, we are all rooting for you.

49. akyla July 10, 2011 at 16:36 #

you just like me, i LOVE elie saab too! he’s sooooo BRILLIANT!

50. justme July 10, 2011 at 16:33 #

The dress is beautiful but too simple for my taste.
    I’m in love with the make-up though, Jennifer looks radiant.