Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge cheered on her husband Prince William, as he participated in The Foundation Polo Challenge, which was held at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club in California yesterday afternoon.

She looked delightful wearing a Jenny Packham Spring 2011 summery dress.

Her silver marble grey hand painted chinoiserie silk dress was styled with her favourite L.K Bennett Natalie clutch and nude L.K. Bennett sandals which have their first outing during this tour.

I do love this look, but it would’ve benefited from some sort of belt or waistband, as showcased by the model.

I’m not sure what’s changed, but her since she touched down in LA her looks have vastly improved.

Jenny Packham is proving to be a great brand fit.

Hopefully this association will continue.

[nggallery id=885]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana In Chloé - The Foundation Polo Challenge

Zoe Saldana In Chloé – The Foundation Polo Challenge

Dana Delany In Prada - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Dana Delany In Prada – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

28 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – The Foundation Polo Challenge

1. Alina July 10, 2011 at 11:58 #

Lovely!

2. Sandie July 10, 2011 at 12:06 #

I love it!

3. Nikki July 10, 2011 at 12:06 #

Gorgeous dress and it’s great to see her in prints. I agree about adding a belt to this look.

I noticed that she loves this type of dresses, but I don’t think it’s the best silhouette for her body type. It emphasizes her wide shoulders and narrow hips.

So glad that she finally opted to wear shoes other than nude pumps. Are those wedges? I don’t know how people can walk on grass wearing heels.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 12:09 #

no they are heels

• Naomi July 10, 2011 at 12:50 #

Completely agree about the silhouette – not the best choice of dress figure-wise, but it has a lovely print.

• justme July 10, 2011 at 13:35 #

I agree. She should try to get volume at the bottom and not at the top.

• Jones19 July 10, 2011 at 15:22 #

Couldn’t agree more, her wide shoulders and narrow hips aren’t her best features but she loves to feature them.

• Rebecca Z July 10, 2011 at 17:59 #

Yes! You put your finger on my problem with this dress and the purple knit one she wore in Canada with her hair up. She looks better when the dress is fitted at the top than when she is wearing a fly away sleeve or loose bodice with a close-fitting waist.

• Hannah July 10, 2011 at 18:43 #

I agree about the dress type, I think it is really unflattering and a really borign shape to begin with. Every look is becomgn deja vu.

• Leti July 10, 2011 at 19:41 #

I’ve noticed the same thing about this silhouette, and I think the same can be said of the dress she wore at the BAFTAs event last night.

4. Maz July 10, 2011 at 12:07 #

Gorgeous! I agree. she’s upped her game for the US stage…maybe she’s getting more confident…or maybe she thought being too “fashion” was inappropriate for Canada!

5. Lee Ann July 10, 2011 at 12:15 #

This is one of my least favourite looks because it is so bland and the colour does nothing for her. It needed the belt. Am I the only one who think she is fading fast

6. nicky July 10, 2011 at 12:34 #

She looks beautiful. It’s a safe but gorgeous look on her. Love the print.

7. Mario July 10, 2011 at 13:21 #

I think someone in LA showed her your blog and she started reading it.. ;)

8. Elaine2 July 10, 2011 at 13:42 #

I like this dress, too – and think the belt would have been a great addition. Very appropriate for the venue, and probably comfortable to wear. I think it looks good on her body type, at least it doesn’t make her look thinner than she already is (like the purple dress did in Canada). While I think the shoes are nice, they wouldn’t be my first choice with this dress. It is curious how she can wear high heels in the grass!

9. robbie July 10, 2011 at 14:19 #

wish she had worn a belt the seam at the waist bothers me a little. but she does look fantastic though. she sure does love jenny packham.

10. Pati July 10, 2011 at 14:21 #

I like it. I´m not head over heels over it, as I still hate the shoes- they are plain ugly imo, but hey, it´s baby steps, it´s print, it´s flowy and it´s SANDALS!! Like the direction she´s going. Maybe next time, she´ll wear a belt, smudge her eyeliner and invest in some killer heels :o)

• Pati July 10, 2011 at 14:24 #

BTW, she´s not wearing tights! Yet another improvement!

11. Marvel July 10, 2011 at 14:27 #

Thank god she changed her shoes. I do like the look and I think she raised her game in America and will continue to do so

12. Lisa July 10, 2011 at 14:31 #

I agree that she’s improved since she got to the US. Maybe she felt more nervous for Canada since it’s a commonwealth country so she opted to stay uber conservative… Or maybe she’s been reading your blog and had someone send her new shoes lol. Who knows! Let’s just be grateful for this last-minute turn-around :)

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 14:33 #

lol…that’s so funny.

13. Femme July 10, 2011 at 15:02 #

OMG open shoes!!
    Also, I agree with Nikki on the silhouette, it appears as if she does not own a pair of hips in this dress, a belt would’ve improved the look indeed

14. Linda July 10, 2011 at 16:35 #

She looks lovely and summery. The shoes are a tad matronly, but forgivable. She certainly has an athletic figure.

15. moja31 July 10, 2011 at 17:04 #

I’m really glad to see she’s discovered prints, but I actually kind of hate this particular one. And apparently she can wear open toed shoes (yay!), even if she chose ugly matronly ones on this occasion.

16. cindy July 11, 2011 at 14:21 #

Exception made from the province of Quebec, the rest of Canada is pretty conservative so I’m guessing she’s been asked to tone down fashion-wise when she was in the country. Now that she’s in LA i bet we will see more interesting looks from her.

17. DivaMom July 11, 2011 at 16:48 #

Will. he. is. is still upstaging her.

18. Anne August 2, 2011 at 16:11 #

I love the dress on her. I don’t think it needs a belt. The belt worn by the model takes away from the softness of the dress. No need to pick Kate apart; she’s been perfect every time.

19. Anne August 2, 2011 at 16:12 #

I thought her look in Canada was stunning. I am laughing out loud that anyone should think they are qualified to sit in judgment.