Blake Lively In Marchesa – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Most Covered Up (for Blake) Award
Blake Lively looked stunning at the BAFTA Brits To Watch Event, which was held at the Belasco Theatre in LA yesterday evening.

The “Gossip Girl” actress did manage to upstage the Duchess, but in very classy refined way.

Her Marchesa Spring 2011 one-shoulder gown is both simple and breath-taking.

I bet many of you didn’t expect this from her.

Both her legs and boobs are hidden under her dove grey chiffon embroidered gown, which some might welcome as a refreshing change.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Christian Louboutin heels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Reem Acra - BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Reem Acra – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

71 Responses to Blake Lively In Marchesa – BAFTA Brits To Watch Event

1. Elaine2 July 10, 2011 at 15:42 #

I think there is too much fabric on this dress, and would prefer some waist definition. That said, I do think she upstaged the Duchess because this gown had some interesting beading. I love the color combination and it compliments her skin tone. Not a fan of her hairdo, though – I don’t care for that messy look.

2. Emma July 10, 2011 at 15:42 #

I don’t like Blake in this look. The dress is pretty but Blake’s tan makes it look really cheap.

She’s very formulaic, as usual. Marchesa, Louboutin and Schwartz. It would be nice with some unexpected designers sometime.

This type of dress looks good on Blake though.

3. Erin July 10, 2011 at 15:44 #

Don’t rule her out, she’s still got one boob-out.

She would have looked stunning if she took it easy on the spray-tan.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 15:53 #

LOL…

• Nat39 July 10, 2011 at 17:02 #

And the dress is transparent. I wouldn’t give her that Most Covered Up Award just yet :)

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 17:02 #

Lol…hence I added …for Blake… :)

• gabis July 10, 2011 at 17:15 #

LOL, my thoughts exactly xD I’m surprised she’s not wearing CHANEL…
        But she looks gorgeous! I’m totally in love with her hair, makeup and earrings!

• Verena July 10, 2011 at 17:35 #

I also see a leg there! Is the skirt transparent or am I making things up?

What can I say? It’s the Marchesa effect. So much of their stuff is tacky… If it wasn’t for getting in with Harvey Weinstein, I’m not sure many of them would wear it on the RC. Dita is the exception, tho. She can make even Marchesa work.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2011 at 17:42 #

There is a nude skirt under the dress

• maria July 10, 2011 at 22:05 #

Marchesa is tacky? That was a first…

• Emi July 10, 2011 at 20:23 #

I agree, her face is orange. I also think that the dress is a bit short… I don’t think she upstaged anybody, anyway.

4. Abby July 10, 2011 at 15:44 #

She’s actually been doing a good job covering up since scandalgate. And I must say, looking stunning while doing so. I thought you liked her sassy looks in an” if you’ve got it flaunt it” kind of way?

5. Mahima July 10, 2011 at 15:46 #

Its nice, but I don’t love it.

6. robbie July 10, 2011 at 15:47 #

she sucks all the elegance out of that dress. nice shoes though.

• aiyu July 10, 2011 at 15:54 #

I agree. She can wear all these beautiful dresses, but still have no class nor elegance. I also hate her pose.

• anna July 10, 2011 at 20:25 #

I agree! It’s a beautiful dress but her atitude… makes she looks so convinced!

i prefer the duchess.

7. Cheryl July 10, 2011 at 15:47 #

She looks fabulous. Refreshing change. Are there any other pictures showing her from a more forward looking angle?

8. rebecca July 10, 2011 at 15:50 #

As much as I respect your opinion and your perspective FC, I sadly am going to have to disagree with you on this one. She looks really tacky and I will not compare her to other Hollywood stars that are famous for no reason that pop into my head when I see this look, but the fake tan really does ruin this look which is a huge shame because it could’ve been an amazing, breath-taking and a beautiful look. She would’ve looked like a goddess without the tan. I’m not sure if it’s fake or not, but it does destroy the ethereal feel that the model had.

• Laura's Opinion July 10, 2011 at 17:35 #

Even with the big career, covers, and A list BF, I am still gettng a Lauren Conrad from the hills look. Sometimes , I even think she is the girl ( s ) of that show the hills. She does not look like a movie star. She looks like a reality TV star, similar to Aubry O day and the rest them on MTV. Even Paris Hilton’s blonde tan combo resonates more star quality that her.

9. bridget July 10, 2011 at 15:51 #

i like the look but what’s with that pose?

10. Sandie July 10, 2011 at 15:51 #

I like the dress around the chest and the shoulder but I don’t like the skirt. It’s a bit unshaped. I also think that she shouldn’t have worn earrings. They are unnecessary and don’t add anything to the look. Maybe if she tried something smaller.
    Love her hair and make-up.

11. Alina July 10, 2011 at 15:53 #

The dress is stunning but I just can’t love it on her – the tan lines,the messy hair,the way she’s posing…. Hate it.

12. artemis July 10, 2011 at 15:54 #

She looks stunning! I love the dress and although I’m not a fan of fake tan I think she is glowing here! Great hair and make up! For me it’s perfect!

13. Fee July 10, 2011 at 15:55 #

I think this would look great on her in about twenty years

14. Dorian Gray July 10, 2011 at 15:56 #

I LOVE HER! She is the best at this event for real. Lovely color and event appropriate.

15. Alex July 10, 2011 at 16:00 #

I gotta say that it’s first time in a long while that I’m really impressed with her look. She looks beautiful, I love her hair and make-up.

And this is another look which proves that Chanel is not for her. Here she wears Marchesa and she knocks it out.

16. Nat39 July 10, 2011 at 16:08 #

The tan and the earings (they are a bit too chunky/heavy for this stunning delicate gown) aside, absolutely breath-taking. I adore the hairdo with this gown.

17. rebecca o July 10, 2011 at 16:13 #

Her tan is horrid! She looks leathery and middle aged. The dress isn’t doing it for me, either.

18. Belen Sanchez July 10, 2011 at 16:32 #

BTOTW! Refreshing change! She looks stunning!

19. M July 10, 2011 at 16:37 #

i personally think she looks great. whether shes sticking to a formula or not, doesnt relli matter to me as she looks great. at least, shes not sticking to same old looks. i do feel at times some are biased in their views of her. give her break. shes young and has a long way to go… to each their own… its jus a personal opinion… fantastic gerl!

20. moja31 July 10, 2011 at 16:40 #

i hate this, it’s like an overly fancy nightgown; she’s practically channeling Blanche from the golden girls.

21. Kate July 10, 2011 at 16:42 #

Its a no for me, dont like dress length and her tan/make up was a wrong choice, obviouslygoing for a laid back vibe but blake just never pulls that of for me. Bit if an overstatement to say she nearly upstaged kate!

22. Saad July 10, 2011 at 16:42 #

Well I still can see her legs its not covering anything its her style she looks absolutly beautiful

23. justme July 10, 2011 at 16:44 #

I like the hair and that’s about it.

Blake did the toga look better at the Met gala. That Chanel dress was beautiful while this Marchesa number leaves me cold. Too much fabric maybe?

Someone needs to explain to me the red tan though. There’s always that cheapening factor with her lol.

• mikeijames July 10, 2011 at 18:56 #

i completely agree with this. the chanel toga look found itself truly striking. it’s like she’s trying to re-create that moment here. also, it worked better at the met because it’s a more “fashion” event. she should’ve went more traditionally glamorous here.

24. Incroyable July 10, 2011 at 16:45 #

I LOVE IT AND I LOVE HER! ANOTHER STUNNING LOOK!

25. couturecoco July 10, 2011 at 16:58 #

Hate it. Sorry for the strong language that I rarely use.

26. Leti July 10, 2011 at 17:03 #

I love this dress. Is this the best possible outing the dress could have gotten, probably not, but Blake looks lovely. My favorite rendition of this style of dress was when J Lo wore mint green Valentino (which was a copy of a Jackie Kennedy dress) to the Oscars.

27. mimo July 10, 2011 at 17:04 #

I think she start filming GG or about to cuz her look, looks like the finaly of season 4 :) i love her no matter what she looks great

28. Luiza July 10, 2011 at 17:13 #

i simply looove her hair here.

29. rebecca July 10, 2011 at 17:15 #

Now that I think more and more about it, it doesn’t look so bad on Blake. On her it looks like a beach cover-up or a maxi dress which matches her tan, but I didn’t think it would look like that on the red carpet since it looked so elegant on the model. Okay, but not in the way that I was hoping for.

30. Courteney July 10, 2011 at 17:28 #

Love it! She looks lovely!

31. Camille July 10, 2011 at 17:32 #

Her fake tan ruins this look. Like Robbie I think she’s, once again, making a look that could have been elegant completely tacky. Ugh.

32. Dhppy July 10, 2011 at 17:37 #

Usually with Blake Lively, I find I’m not a fan of what she’s wearing, but she’s so gorgeous and perfectly proportioned that it doesn’t matter. This time, I actually love the gown, and think she seems carefree in it. So, kudos.

33. Jess July 10, 2011 at 17:40 #

Lovely dress….just not on her. She is too tan and blonde for it.

34. Slash July 10, 2011 at 18:02 #

She’s stunning. I love her style lately, but for some reason she will never be good enough for y people :D She did manage to upstage Kate, whose style, on the other hand, I start to dislike now. Predictable, predictable, predictable… :/

35. Tania July 10, 2011 at 18:23 #

I love her shoes! Dress looks amazing!

36. Hannah July 10, 2011 at 18:25 #

I love this dress, but as always with blake, there are just so many little things that are off. For example, it would have been much better had she resisted the urge to have most of her right boob esentially spilling over the dress, had she gone for complementary earrings, her flower ones almsot gave me a heart attack, had she posed better for this dress, adn th ehair. I do appreciate that she isn’t going for her ‘beachy/bedhead/olsen’ hair, but this style really does not work for me, as always with blake. A more polished but still messy grecian bun, that sat slightly higher on the head (the picture of her from behind irritated me so much, the nape of the neck, the posture…..), had it jsut been better for the dress. Also, I wish she’d never dyed her hair becuase the colour now is just a tad yellow for me. Also, I jsut think that this dress could have been incredible on someone, in fact I see it being stunningly, amazing breathtaking on Leighton Meester, that I am slightly heartbroken that she now will never, probably/definitely wear it :( .

37. mol July 10, 2011 at 18:32 #

I love the bottom photo of her taken from behind – but from the side, she’s overdone on the tan and it is quite sheer (looks a little like an expensive nightgown)….

38. Cassiie July 10, 2011 at 18:34 #

J Lo should learn from this. You can still dress beautiful without looking inappropriate for the event.

• Emi July 10, 2011 at 20:38 #

I think it’s because of the scandals of the naked photos, she shaped up… it’s not because William and Kate were there.

39. Fernando July 10, 2011 at 18:43 #

Oh give her a break there is no way some of you are saying that “she has no class”, hell, she poses, walks, stands, and everything in the red carpet better than anyone i can think of, this is a dress that easily could have outworn her, but she managed to look amazing, i think some of you labeled her with no reason, she always looks amazing, and mean who looks like that with apparently no make up. It’s part of her looking like this surfer summer girl, dresses AMAZIng…. but well, :/ whatever, i really think she looks breathtaking.

• luis July 10, 2011 at 22:04 #

i agree with you even when she looks perfect people will always lable her.!

40. Megan July 10, 2011 at 18:51 #

I don’t really like it.My first impression was that she was Paris Hilton.

• Fernando July 10, 2011 at 21:41 #

OH comeon, Paris Hilton?… really?

41. Lee Ann July 10, 2011 at 19:22 #

If she had toned down the tan and worn slightly less fussy shoes then it would have been perfect.

42. Rebecca Z July 10, 2011 at 20:50 #

She is so pretty, but so often there is just something trashy about her presentation. For me, this dress is too much like lingerie and in the side pose it is clearly intended to look like she is nude underneath. I can see that there is a slip or under skirt there in another photo, but to effect is still there. I don’t really think it is appropriate for the occasion, in the same way that JLo really didn’t need to show her midriff or wear a dress that shows every muscle in her fabulous derriere. We all know these women are sexy–a little more tasteful self presentation at this event would have been better in my opinion.

43. seriously fashion July 10, 2011 at 21:27 #

This is truly horrible….I hate to say this, but she looks like a cheap middle aged Palm Springs maid, or trophy wife…what ever happened to being fresh faced at 23 ? She looks older than girls in their thirties…like Diane Kruger ! She looks like her older sister !

44. Nikki July 10, 2011 at 21:30 #

Lovely dress but I don’t like it on Blake. I’m sorry but it looks like a maternity gown…a beautiful gown suited for someone pregnant. And her tan is just awful.

I do like her hair though. For once, the hairstyle is pretty.

45. Jazz July 10, 2011 at 21:53 #

blake is so goddess like here! the dress is gorgeous (marchesa appears inspired by an indian saree no?) and blake’s summer (though probably faux) tan looks great with it! she is always so confident and interesting to watch on the red carpet. i cant understand why she has so many HATERS though!

46. Jazz July 10, 2011 at 21:59 #

and she does look much much better than the Duchess who is sooo yawn-worthy

47. luis July 10, 2011 at 22:03 #

she looks so amazing. love my girl blake stunning as always.
    i dont know why people judge her to harsh.!
    if you dont have nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself.
    no matter what she wears and no matter how perfect she looks people will always say mean things about her.!

48. maria July 10, 2011 at 22:09 #

LOVE it! This is so beautiful it hurts.

49. Jen July 11, 2011 at 02:34 #

you got on JLo’s case for the tightness and the cutout, so I’m surprised you’re not on Blake’s for such a sheer dress. Speaking of JLo, this brought to mind her 2003 Academy awards gown, though when I went to look for it, I guess it doesn’t look quite as much like it as I thought.

50. Gabby July 11, 2011 at 03:17 #

I think it looks so tacky. She should not worn those shoes with such a sparkly dress. And the earrings are horrible.

51. roxana July 11, 2011 at 07:14 #

perfect! it reminds me of the mint valentino dress jlo wore it several years ago at the oscars.

52. jones19 July 11, 2011 at 15:41 #

I don’t like it, the tan is too much. Blake does best when she’s showing off her assets and this is too covered up.

53. K July 11, 2011 at 19:03 #

I like Blake, but with the orange tan, white hair and diva poses, she looks tacky and ridiculous. C’mon girl.

54. Prat July 12, 2011 at 16:09 #

1. reminds me of something she wore recently. 2. too ill fitted – even for a kaftan. 3 do i see a nude effect? 4. ages her and does not complement her figure… and whats Blake without her bod and some serious pop?
    bore…

55. Aldana July 13, 2011 at 00:37 #

I really don´t like this look, I think the dress is gorgeous but not for her or maybe without that cheap tan, I prefer the Duchess look, she’s so delicated and elegant.

56. Cecilia July 13, 2011 at 10:35 #

Most covered up for blake that is. The whole dress is actually see through so i don’t know if i would call it “covered up”, but she does look stunning:)