08.07.11 X Factor

The X Factor UK Judges London Auditions

I think it’s fair to say that interest in the X Factor judges has waned somewhat since Cheryl Cole left.

I personally won’t be watching this year and many of you have expressed the same.

The Simon Cowell money-making machine rolled into London this week with Tulisa Contostavlos and Kelly Rowland walking the red carpet dressed to impress.

Kelly wore a Versace Spring 2011 multi-coloured striped two-piece which showed off her super toned tiny waist.

The former Destiny’s Child singer accessorized her look with black Charlotte Olympia pumps, a Sass & Bide cuff and Lara Bohinc jewels.

N-Dubz singer Tulisa greeted fans wearing an Alexander McQueen butterfly jacquard mini dress.

Her cap sleeve dress was paired with navy YSL Tribute sandals.

Love it or leave it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 Couture

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 Couture

In Catherine Middleton's Closet - Goldsign ‘Passion’ Bootcut Jeans

In Catherine Middleton’s Closet – Goldsign ‘Passion’ Bootcut Jeans

29 Responses to The X Factor UK Judges London Auditions

1. Tamia July 8, 2011 at 16:38 #

FC babe,I’m not sounding like a hater but I think it’s a joke Tulisa is a judge and Im not going to be watching the xfactor anymore..the McQueen label should blacklist her from wearing their clothes

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 16:45 #

She was very critical of the show which I find strange, but money talks

• AW July 8, 2011 at 16:50 #

You know that story, “I hate that show, it’s so awful (until I can make money off of it)”.

Either way she looks terrible and boring in that awesome dress.

Kelly needs to BURN that wig. But the clothes on the other hand? Yes! Love them!

2. moja31 July 8, 2011 at 16:54 #

Why does it always feel like Kelly Rowland is playing dress up? She never looks comfortable.

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 17:06 #

I agree. Never looks comfortable…her smile is so empty and vacant.

3. Paddy M July 8, 2011 at 16:55 #

Tulisa may be wearing McQueen, but the vibe she gives off is so trashy. She has made everything she’s worn so far look a lot cheaper than it is.

I’d say not since Cheryl Cole left, but since Dannii Minogue left. Dannii has a much better sense of style than Cheryl ever will.

• Megan July 8, 2011 at 20:36 #

Yes I’ll miss danni and her J’aton couture:(

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 20:44 #

Yes I will miss J’Aton too

4. Paige July 8, 2011 at 16:58 #

whilst I appreciate both of their efforts I have to say I’m really not impressed. I was shocked to read that Tulisa’s dress was McQueen, I would’ve thought that it was some cheap copy, Lipsy trying to do high-end…

5. mj July 8, 2011 at 17:05 #

I hate Kelly’s shoes. They look so dowdy compared to how sexy her dress it. That look deserves some fun shoes to go with it!

6. Marvel July 8, 2011 at 17:11 #

I kinda like Tulisa’s look. I feel a bit bad for her, its been reported that the producers have given her a 70000 budget to get rid of her chavvy style. I dont think anyone should be forced into a different look that isnt them.

The only reason to check out the X-Factor is for Gary Barlow and see how the panel is.

7. Laura July 8, 2011 at 17:13 #

I had opinions FC, but all those were ruined when you said “Love it or leave it?” and now you got Ice Ice Baby stuck in my head.

Dang you FC. Why’d you have to get a terrible yet addicting song stuck in my head?

:P

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 17:27 #

…lol…you’re funny

8. Pati July 8, 2011 at 17:19 #

I love the Versace two-piece! But I wish she had worn the runway heels.

• Nat39 July 9, 2011 at 02:03 #

Ditto. The cuff works however.

9. Azalea July 8, 2011 at 17:32 #

I think they always look like they are trying too hard to be fashionable. It’s not so natural. Shame! I miss Cheryl’s smiley face and her beautiful clothes… although a bit chavvy lately. I don’t like Kelly or Tulisa yet… sorry!

10. 2c July 8, 2011 at 17:49 #

I was at these auditions yesterday and Kelly comes across well on screen… her hair is sooo shiny and her body is banging! Tulisa, on the other hand,got into an argument with a contestant…yeah…

The show is definitely missing Simon Cowell, don’t think it will do as well to be honest…

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 17:52 #

Tulisa does look like a bit of a bully, so not surprised

11. anonymous July 8, 2011 at 17:52 #

If i remember correctly Cheryl Cole was also once considered a ‘chav’ and had terrible style and X-Factor did wonders for her, so I wouldn’t be so quick to write off tulisa yet lol.

By wearing McQueen & YSL she’s obviously TRYING, so who knows where her style could go in the future….

On the other hand maybe this will mean that the x-factor to be more about the contenstants then their self absorbed mentors.

BTW love kelly’s dress hate the shoes, wig and make up :)

12. A July 8, 2011 at 18:32 #

Sorry FC, my interest waned since Dannii Minogue left!

ps love your blog!!!!!!

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 18:35 #

13. Laura July 8, 2011 at 18:40 #

This show will flop. Kelly or Tulisa will never ever live up to Cheryl’s beauty and style.

14. Christine July 8, 2011 at 19:02 #

I love Tulisa’s dress and even think she made a good shoe choice so I wonder why this doesn’t look as good as it should. I wish I could put my finger on it.

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 19:15 #

I feel the same. All the elements are right but…..mmm…can’t figure it out

• Elaine July 8, 2011 at 23:01 #

I think its cos she looks trashy. overall trashy vibe.
        bring back Dannii and Cheryl. I’m gonna miss the sat & sun evening unveiling of the outfits!

• cristina July 9, 2011 at 00:03 #

I agree, maybe its because she looks slightly orange and her hair is too severe like that which I’m not so sure suits her? Also Cheryl Cole always looked chavvy too…

15. Lei July 9, 2011 at 00:14 #

LEAVE IT -I’m not really feeling either of these looks.. they look awfully contrived!

I will watch the show because the truth is no matter how much couture Danni or Cheryl wear the truth is neither of them can really sing where as Tulisa & Kelly can both SANG & have proven track records in the music business. That’s what counts at the end of the day!
    I’m actually looking forward to seeing some true talent judge the show this year!

16. robbie July 9, 2011 at 06:41 #

yet more of those midriff/waist showing dresses make me cringe. but then again maybe i am just a teeny tiny bit jealous that i dont have a toned stomach haha.

both of them look bad though. tulisa makes that dress go from mcqueen to high street.

17. Katie July 14, 2011 at 16:16 #

I have no interest either anymore in the show or these two judges…