Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – Calgary Airport

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge touched down at Calgary Airport in Canada today with her husband Prince William.

The Duchess opted for a dress by British designer Jenny Packham.

I’m so delighted to see Catherine wearing a colour other than navy or beige.

For some reason I’m getting vintage feel from this look.

The soft primrose silk crepe dress with a blouson top was paired with her favourite L.K. Bennett pumps and a matching clutch.

This is the second time Catherine has worn Jenny Packham since she wed Prince William.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The White Fairy Tale Love Ball?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The White Fairy Tale Love Ball?

55 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – Calgary Airport

1. Nolli July 8, 2011 at 01:47 #

Just 1 word : HELP

• Camille July 8, 2011 at 02:07 #

hahahaha I totally agree lol she looks both childlike and old at the same time. I really wish she would just hire a stylist because she’s driving me CRAZY :)

• Nolli July 8, 2011 at 02:20 #

Exactly Camille, «childlike and old» and with these shoes & clutch….Really ? I can’t take it anymore….and not in the good way

• Tania July 8, 2011 at 22:48 #

Totally agree, i’m so bored with her looks.

2. tatiana July 8, 2011 at 01:49 #

Love the dress on Cate but the accessories age this look. 90% of what she wears ages her.

3. Ella July 8, 2011 at 01:49 #

I like the yellow, although the bodice could be more fitted for me :-)

Do you not like feeling vintage with outfits, FC? Personally, I love it, but I know you think Kate should dress younger than she does

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 01:51 #

I’m obsessed with vintage clothing.

This is exactly the type of dress I make a beeline for when I see it in a vintage store.

4. robbie July 8, 2011 at 01:51 #

WOW!

i just really wish she wore the runway version.

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 01:54 #

I don’t think the satin version with a silver sequin waist would’ve been quite appropriate for daytime.

For an evening event yes.

• Betty Brandenburg July 8, 2011 at 11:11 #

But surely a belt would have improved things a little? Just a little?
        And I can’t believe she’s wearing the same shoes, yet again!!! Surely she doesn’t have to carry her own luggage, so why not bring more shoes!?!?! Crikey, I recently went for a week to Hawaii with carry one luggage only, and I had SIX pairs of shoes with me. If I can do it …

• Pati July 8, 2011 at 13:06 #

Hahaha, completely agree. My first reaction was: wow, that´s a nice choice of colour! Well done! The second was: Oh no, not those shoes AGAIN! And last but not least, I also wish she had worn the belt. Having said that, I think her best accessory is that beautiful smile- I just love how they both look happy to be together and experience all those wonderful moments on their trips.

• Elaine2 July 8, 2011 at 15:14 #

LOL…..I love your comment about Hawaii, Betty. Got a good chuckle over that, especially the “crikey”….hahahahaha

• pam July 8, 2011 at 15:43 #

Yes, it needs a belt.

5. Emma July 8, 2011 at 01:54 #

Love this, but I wish it had a belt like the runway version! The seam at the waist looks a little bare.

• Christine July 8, 2011 at 08:13 #

I agree completely. Even a simple belt would have been better. But I really like the dress: summery, floaty and less conservative than her other looks.

6. Mario July 8, 2011 at 01:56 #

Now that’s something I like!
    I actually disagree that that look is aging her, I think it’s very age-appropriate in terms of vintage-ish clothing. Also her hair looks cute. Dare I say, she’s glowing.

• anna July 8, 2011 at 16:55 #

i agree.
      her positions don’t allows her to be as bold as a singer r an actress with her same age. Plus, even before her wed, she used to wera clothes with a classical style.

7. mol July 8, 2011 at 02:32 #

Ohhh, I do like this, a belt would have been great though…….

8. Lisa July 8, 2011 at 02:42 #

Good news: she looks great in yellow! and the dress itself is adorable.
    Bad news: the look is still a miss imo.

The dress could’ve been a big hit but i think she should’ve worn 1 size down and of course, as usual, styled it differently.

9. Tracie July 8, 2011 at 02:53 #

Love the colour on her. By the way Calgary is not in Yellowknife it is it’s own city. As in Calgary Alberta.

10. MN July 8, 2011 at 03:05 #

A yellow dress in Yellowknife… :-)

11. Vee July 8, 2011 at 03:10 #

such a sad little dress

12. Mercy July 8, 2011 at 03:17 #

OH MY GOD IT’S A MIRACLE

13. Verena July 8, 2011 at 03:22 #

The end is nigh! K-Mid doesn’t wear navy and Jennifer Aniston doesn’t wear black. All in one day.

(If I could change only one thing about Kate’s styling, I’d make her lose the clutch bags. Those are the wrong ones for daytime and I feel her outfits never call for them anyway. Especially when William is dressed somewhat casually.)

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 07:42 #

LOL…You are so right..the end must be nigh

• Godiva July 8, 2011 at 15:02 #

LOL… I thought the same thing about the use of color. It is nice to see her in something besides navy blue.

14. Elaine July 8, 2011 at 03:26 #

I love 1940s styled dresses, and this what it reminded me of. Yes, a fabric covered belt would have been perfect – and some more interesting shoes………….please! Good heavens, isn’t Poetic License from England? They have some fun stuff with closed toes. And the panty hose, the panty hose……….talk about Old Lady.

I like the style and the color is refreshing from the navy/cream boredom, but really – something needs to be done. She is too pretty to do this to herself!

• Elaine July 8, 2011 at 10:33 #

Theres 2 Elaine’s on this? I thought it was just me :-)
      I agree with all you’ve said :-)

• Elaine2 July 8, 2011 at 15:18 #

I’ll change mine to Elaine2 so we can keep track. :-)

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2011 at 15:22 #

cute x

15. Sarah July 8, 2011 at 03:33 #

Hi, just a note, the Calgary airport is in Calgary, Alberta.

16. Christina July 8, 2011 at 03:36 #

I think she looks cute, but I likely would have thrown on a belt…

(and Im assuming ‘Yellowknife’ is a typo, if they were indeed at Calgary airport)

17. CreoleLady July 8, 2011 at 03:53 #

A brunette plus sunshine yellow equals wonderful. Such a pretty dress! I think it’s flattering and easy-breezy.

18. Cailtin July 8, 2011 at 03:58 #

At least she’s wearing something other than white or navy blue.

ps; Calgary isn’t in Yellowknife, it’s in the province of Alberta! :)

19. Denise July 8, 2011 at 04:04 #

I’m surprised nobody has ever mentioned that Prince William also always wears the same navy suit with a red tie.

• noo July 8, 2011 at 07:54 #

he is a world class repeater like his grandmother :D i think he only has 2 pairs of shoes!

• Ines July 8, 2011 at 10:21 #

We can recognize helpless case when we see them lol

20. pipsqueak July 8, 2011 at 04:13 #

The dress is blah, but the yellow does go well with Kate’s skin tone and hair color, and this version definitely beats the one on the runway. What is the design in that runway dress? Intricate details invisible to my eyes or the print-free, satin-PJ fabric? Williams seems to be wearing the same clothes, just like all those superheros in their never-changing costume.

21. molly July 8, 2011 at 04:56 #

Im glad that she wore a color other than blue, but this is awful. The fit sucks, the puff sleeves are the worst thing that a super skinny girl can wear, and she looks like a child wearing grandmas clothes. This is not good. I would have liked it had she worn the runway color, gone down a size, and added a belt.

22. kiwi July 8, 2011 at 05:29 #

Love it, the color is lovely and looks good on her.. so glad she changed up the colour at least.
    Wish she had worn sandals, but is better than what she has been wearing so far :)

23. Emi July 8, 2011 at 06:34 #

Could someone tell her that those clutches are for the evening? Have you ever seen somebody wearing a clutch like that in the morning/afternoon? She keeps on matching shoes and bags, which is quite obvious, royals always do it… I agree with Camille about “both childlike and old”. The best outfit, for me, was in J Brand, at least something young. We’re having an overdose of her style, here, I hope it will end soon. Once a week it’s ok…

• Nolli July 8, 2011 at 10:33 #

humm SO true…..

24. noo July 8, 2011 at 07:22 #

i love the dress, i saw other pictures of it and it looks really cute :D also she wore a new color which is always welcome! but those shoes and the clutch should be retired for god’s sake !!!

25. TheBeautyPhilosopher July 8, 2011 at 08:33 #

Love it! The yellow is just adorable and overall she looks fresh and cute but still like a Duchess.

26. D July 8, 2011 at 09:04 #

cute! love the colour:)

27. Alina July 8, 2011 at 09:25 #

I really like this.

28. Laura July 8, 2011 at 09:33 #

I think Kate should hire Olivia Palermo as her stylist. She looks boring to me which is sad because she is a beautiful girl with so much potential.

29. couturecoco July 8, 2011 at 09:54 #

LOVE this style of dress and colour (yay COLOUR!) on her. I’m a long time vintage lover and this is exactly what I would love for myself too.
    Catherine is a classic girl but I so wish she would do SOMETHING about her accessories! The shoes look so bland here. Could have easily added a python clutch or gladiators – *sigh* in my dreams….

30. sara July 8, 2011 at 11:29 #

i hate the dress ! , and she really looks old

31. jones19 July 8, 2011 at 11:39 #

I think she looks gorgeous, very nice look and out of the box for her.

32. Sharade July 8, 2011 at 11:59 #

Not a big fan of the dress, but I like the fact that she’s trying something different. Well, different, not entirely : if I see those L.K. Bennett nude pumps again, I think I’m going to cry…

33. justme July 8, 2011 at 12:35 #

Can Prince Harry, that little girl that was so creepy/sad at the wedding, SOMEBODY burn those beige pumps?

34. anamika July 8, 2011 at 12:42 #

Eeeek at the eye liner eeek at the blush! eeeek at unplucked eyes! you can see she does her make up alone!
    :-)