I was stunned when I saw the pictures of Emma Watson at the “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ World Premiere, which is taking place in Trafalgar Square, London tonight.

It’s a big budget movie, the world is watching so she opted to big, and they don’t come much bigger than an Oscar de la Renta ballgown.

I was expecting another mini dress, but she looked breath-taking wearing an Oscar de la Renta sand tulle sleeveless gown with embroidered bodice and full skirt from the Fall 2011 collection.

This choice was so unexpected that I’m totally wowed by it. She appears to be having an absolute blast on the red carpet.

Boodles jewelery completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

45 thoughts on “Emma Watson In Oscar de la Renta – “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2″ World Premiere

1. Marvel

LOVE it.

I was so not expecting this and I do love this look. So glad she gave us something unexpected and I so cant wait to see the film. Without a doubt, BDOTW

1. Valeria

Absolutely agree! I dont like the dress to begin with, it’s era ended when she left kindergarten, but there are things you can’t pull off when you chop hair off. I know coz I chopped mine off not long ago, no frou-frou ever looked good on me, but now it’s far from even ebing decent

2. Thomas Monks

I hate her hair style. it needs to be cut because why would she let it grow to a horrible in btwn stages for the press tour of the final harry potter film she will ever get to be in

3. lifeisdolce

it didn’t give me a wow moment, more of a gentle ‘oh’, probably because i’ve never seen her wear oscar de la renta before. she looks pretty, but i wish she’d done something different with her hair. it’s always the same sideparted, combed down. i’d have loved some givenchy couture with a spiked up hairdo, something different, but i feel like i’ve seen this pretty, embellished gown on her before.

4. Matt R

Wow…..I mean this was the last thing I was expecting her to wear, but she looks stunning. I don’t understand the comments about her hair though, because I think it looks great. I am completely floored. Definitely BDOTW worthy

1. peach

I agree. Completely unexpected and beautiful and I love the hair. It really frames that beautiful face.

I quite liked Evanna Lynch’s look – it was like a sexy version of Luna Lovegood.

5. Marybeth

Wow! I love it!
    THIS is how you dress for a big, blockbuster premiere!
    I’m so glad Emma stepped it up ….. and I bet the film company people are thrilled too.

6. Alexandra

amazing! she looks so adorable having fun in this dress. great colour for her! has she worn de la Renta before? if she hasn’t, this union should definitely continue! plus, i absolutely love her make up. stunning

7. Danika

Aww, I really wanted to love this, but I can’t help wishing for some colour. It’s a lovely dress and she looks really pretty, but it’s not quite doing it for me. And I agree about the hair, it is not good at the growing out stage! Sort of looks like she has enormous sideburns. Definitely not a fan.

8. Michelle

Aww, look how delighted she looks to be wearing this beautiful, frothy gown. It’s charming.

9. Victoria

I LOVE it! :D It’s totally perfect to me, I wouldn’t change a thing. Considering adding this to my bdoty list! :D

10. Suz

I was going to say that Emma looks like she needs a different hairstyle or some more jewelry with this gown, but after seeing a close-up shot, noticing that the dress is not strapless, and seeing how beautiful her makeup is, I have to change my mind and say she looks fine just the way she is.

11. Leila

WOW. BDOTW? I love this isn’t like anything she’s worn before, i’m not crazy about the hair but wow.

12. Lina

Even if this is unexpected, I’m not as blown away as I usually am. I feel Emma’s style has gotten more girlie lately, and I’m not sure I like it. Her HBP promo tour was perfect, and I guess nothing really lives up to my expectations after that. But still BDOTW worthy I guess. She, Bonnie and Jo all are!!

13. Gabby

I LOVE this look! She’s never worn a dress like this before and it would not have worked until now. She’s really come into her own and can really carry a dress like this without it overwhelming her. She looks beyond gorgeous and I love the colors in this dress.

When I first saw it, it looked kind of pink, but in pictures it looks blue. LOVE it!

14. Megan

Honestly I think Emma is just in a very pretty dress and there is nothing wow about it. Her hair really bothers me and so does all the Harry potter hype it is soo crazy!I don’t understand.

15. mol

She looks gorgeous to me – from certain angles/photos I haven’t liked her hair, but then other times, it looks so perfect for her, so I’m up and down on that aspect, although I love it in this picture.

16. Hannah

I really adore this look. Emma is’t the kid of girl who can pull off big owns with real panache, but I think that what she id here was very clever, in that she chose a most wispy, fun, beautiful, delicate even, gown, and brings to it charm and grace and poise, so I really think she pulled it off. Also, in regards to ehr hair and makeup, they photograph nothing liek how they were. I am really fussy about hair and makeup, but for the few shrot secodn that i actually saw her, she looked really beautiful, if wearing a bit too much makeup for my liking.
    However, I still prefered hte photocall cocktail dress.

17. Kristen

Love this dress, which is only made more beautiful by how much she seems to love it. She also added a sleek white jacket at the end of the premiere that was incredibly chic!

18. Hisadora

I really don’t know what to tell you about this look, because she looks more than fantastic! A strong BDOTY contender in my eyes!

19. robbie

butt ugly dress. oscar de la renta can be a total genius but then sometimes he will make things like this.

20. anna

she pulls it off1 Looks pretty!
    i like her hair: it’s a classical cut. Ten, twenty yeayrs from now she will look these pics and won’t think “dude, who let me go out with that hair”

21. kimmy

She’s now a fashion icon. Emma, as always, looks gorgeous. I’m glad she went all out for this premiere, what a beautiful dress for a beautiful ending.

22. gabis

Brilliant. I’m completely down to my knees IN LOVE with her entire look. Perfect and flawless. This is def. my BDOTW.

23. Raquel

It’s tipical de la Renta, the dress itself doesn’t impress me, but Emma wearing it does. Lovely, just lovely and I adore the hair.