Elle Fanning In Chanel Couture – Front Row @ Chanel Couture

Elle Fanning is one of my favourite teen stars on the red carpet.

The blonde actress stayed up way past her bedtime to sit front row at the Chanel Fall 2011 Couture presentation, which started around 10pm in Paris last night.

Whilst I’ve loved her in Valentino Couture, that love doesn’t flow to her wearing Chanel Couture.

Her Chanel Spring 2011 flatforms are frightfully ugly and do not complement her Chanel Spring 2009 Couture mini dress, which isn’t particularly flattering on her in the first place.

I hate to pigeon-hole Elle, but the best she’s looked this year was when she wore Marc Jacobs and D&G.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture - The White Fairy Tale Love Ball

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture – The White Fairy Tale Love Ball

37 Responses to Elle Fanning In Chanel Couture – Front Row @ Chanel Couture

1. Megan July 6, 2011 at 18:44 #

Not a good look but I can’t concentrate on much apart from those HIDEOUS shoes.

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2011 at 18:46 #

ditto

• Luci July 6, 2011 at 21:40 #

AGREE. yuck!!

• anamika July 7, 2011 at 04:41 #

+1 million times yuck

• smolls July 6, 2011 at 23:06 #

I totally agree — those shoes hurt my feelings. :(

2. alessia July 6, 2011 at 18:50 #

Hello. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems to me that you haven’t talked about Valentino parade. Well, I think that it was very fashionable and elegant, really italian style. Don’t you think the same? The semi-trasparent gowns were to me fabolous.

3. Holly July 6, 2011 at 18:53 #

Don’t know why those shoes were ever created, but I actually like the dress, I think it’s quite nice for a young girl. Just a shame you cant focus on it.

• Moxie July 7, 2011 at 02:29 #

I’m with you. I really like the dress, but the shoes are distracting.

• Quinn July 7, 2011 at 09:51 #

i like the dress too. for me it suits her really well. it wud’ve been a perfect look if it weren’t for the shoe choice.

4. gabis July 6, 2011 at 19:02 #

The dress is lovely. I love how Elle Fanning always manages to dress chic and age appropriated at the same time. I love her hair and makeup as well. But I agree with you on her shoes. They really do not work with that dress…

5. justme July 6, 2011 at 19:03 #

Those platforms are like traditional Japanese shoes (don”t remember the name right now)… not a good look.

6. Goodie July 6, 2011 at 19:31 #

The links are not working.

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2011 at 19:46 #

thanks…updated

7. Jones19 July 6, 2011 at 19:43 #

Those shoes are hideous indeed, Elle has been so good on the red carpet that I’m baffled by this. Did she change her stylist?

8. Rahel July 6, 2011 at 19:45 #

I hate hate hate the shoes.

9. mol July 6, 2011 at 19:45 #

The dress looks perfect on her, but the shoes are a big problem – too bad….

10. Emi July 6, 2011 at 19:56 #

I don’t particularly like the dress and I think those are among the ugliest shoes ever designed, really. I kinda love Karl Lagerfeld and his uber ego, but sometimes he’s able to design some horrible shoes, really. The boots he designed for Hogan are embarrassing.

11. kimi July 6, 2011 at 20:06 #

The shoes got to go! Everything was pretty and young but as my eyes were drifting down to her shoes, my eyes just rolled back.

12. mj July 6, 2011 at 20:22 #

this girl needs to have a clunky shoe intervention.

13. Lucía July 6, 2011 at 20:33 #

She looks so great in that dress but those shoes are horrible. I don’t think I would like them with anything else, let alone that cute dress.

14. Kate July 6, 2011 at 21:53 #

Im definately in the minority here but i dont think the shoes on her are….that bad! Only because shes a teenager though! I chuckled and remembered the huge platform shoes i had as a kid, why CHANEL are making them (well i guess its the japanese inspiration) to go with their beautiful couture is puzzling. My main problem is that she doesnt look that happy, hopefully she was smiling/comfortable in others!

15. robbie July 6, 2011 at 22:34 #

if linda from “gimme gimme gimme” she would love those shoes.

the dress has had all the life sucked out of it, and the shoes well the less said about them then better.

16. Luiza July 6, 2011 at 22:41 #

I really like this dress on her and I think is very age appropriate. the problem, of course, are these horrible heavy sandals

17. Hisadora July 6, 2011 at 23:59 #

I ”liked” this look.. but then I saw those RIDICULOUS white shoes….. It could have been better had she worn black, green, red, pink, blue shoes… but white????

18. Hannah July 7, 2011 at 00:18 #

I geuinely didn’t midn the dress, it was one of my favourite Chanel collections in recent years, but I can’t help but think aother dress or outfit from that collection would have been a lot better on her, ad I especially would have loved to have seen one of the collection’s many cap-sleeved jackets or tops, such as the one presented with this look on the runway, as I feel it would have looked great on her.
    I actually have no words for the shoes, they are worse than the dior ‘couture’ collection. Classic flat chanel pumps would have been so much better, especially since she can pull them off.

19. moja31 July 7, 2011 at 01:03 #

good god those shoes are ghastly. the dress however is still kind of cute on her.
    yet another celeb taking us back to chanel 2009, interesting.

20. doc July 7, 2011 at 02:03 #

Terrible shoes. They look like cinder blocks with shoelaces. Like something Wilma Flinstone would wear if she ever decided she wanted to wear shoes. Wow, I wish I could send them to that alternate dimension where they send criminals in Superman. The dress is great though.

21. Catherine July 7, 2011 at 03:12 #

I like the dress..but those shoes really ruin the look for me!

22. Raquel July 7, 2011 at 03:40 #

I’m kind of… really, I don’t know how to explain, but what a 13 years old is doing at a couture presentation? I don’t want to sound conservative, or ignorant, or anything like that but shouldn’t she be doing more teen-ish things?

The shoes and the clothes don’t match. Simple like that.

23. Joe July 7, 2011 at 03:50 #

I actually like the dress on her. I would’ve changed the A-line for a pencil shape but it gives her the youthful look. One thing I don’t disagree on are those disgusting “flatforms”. I hated them when I saw them on the runway, and I hate them now. I read in Vogue that she got to keep them. Well girl, you can HAVE them. Cuz none of us want them.

24. Laura July 7, 2011 at 04:24 #

I wished she had worn a cute pair of dressy shorts instead of that dress.

25. roxana July 7, 2011 at 07:05 #

very very ugly shoes!!!

26. Daniela Zagnolli July 7, 2011 at 08:12 #

so prettyyy and i love the dress..!i love fashion and always want to update myself with new trends…really its very nice blog.thanks

27. anna July 7, 2011 at 10:29 #

I like the dress! Its age approtriate and very cute. shoes are real ugly, but like that she is playing with fashion. Finally she looks 14 or whatever she is!

28. gossip_bangkok July 7, 2011 at 11:45 #

The dress is cute, not too bad. However, the shoes.. EWWW!

29. Alina July 7, 2011 at 12:53 #

I might be the only one but…I love this!

30. kiwi July 7, 2011 at 13:32 #

Can’t see beyond the shoes and these are Ugly, really ugly