05.07.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Joseph – Quebec City

On Sunday afternoon Catherine and William attend a huge gathering of Quebec citizens at the Fort Levi in Canada.

Catherine wore a cream Joseph sleeveless dress with her favourite accessories; a beige LK Bennett clutch, nude pumps and Links of London earrings.

I really like this dress as it doesn’t age her.

Her accessories are complementary and her make-up is beautiful.

I do envy her glossy locks.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 Couture

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 Couture

24 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Joseph – Quebec City

1. bec July 5, 2011 at 00:57 #

She had a cute jacket on as she got off the plane too :)

• Gigi July 5, 2011 at 01:21 #

Good one Bec. If I hadn’t seen that jacket, I would have said this is the most blah of all her looks. The jacket really made it though. Thanks! She could have used a nice statement necklace…. no, not a Michelle Obama style, just something a little more OW! that what she chose.

• Alina July 5, 2011 at 09:47 #

Why did she remove the jacket? It was sooo beautiful.

• Rahel July 5, 2011 at 12:32 #

With the jacket it looks good. Before I have seen it I thought that her outfit was too plain.

2. asherlev1 July 5, 2011 at 03:25 #

*sigh* She’s so basic. I think I’m just gonna not comment on any of her looks anymore cos it just makes me a downer.

3. Ella July 5, 2011 at 03:35 #

This is a very summery look…..LOVE it!

4. evilllin July 5, 2011 at 03:53 #

this dress is definitely an improvement to he previous dresses…at least its a different silhouette / style :p a statement necklace would’ve been awesome

5. Tahlia July 5, 2011 at 04:04 #

I don’t think she is dressing badly at all but I’m getting a little bored. Maybe she could rock some pants for a change?
    As much as I loved all the glamorous gowns Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore during the few past weeks, her The Row outfit was one of my favs. I don’t think Kate quite has the attitude for that but something similar would be a refreshing change. Spruce it up with a stunning jacket even. Just something different. Please.

6. Sienna July 5, 2011 at 04:27 #

Love her, love her, lover her! But can we please see a different silhouette? She obviously knows what looks good her (slim silhouette, cinched waist, knee length, hair flowing around her shoulders) but I would like some more variety. Otherwise it’s all a bit Ground Hog Day.

7. Sharon July 5, 2011 at 04:45 #

I think she looked really nice, both with and without the jacket. But I have a question for you, FC. How can you tell, from these pictures, what kind of earrings she’s wearing? I can barely make out one earring in the first photo.

• Fashion Critic July 5, 2011 at 06:09 #

Links of London sent me the details

8. Verena July 5, 2011 at 05:39 #

You’re right! I like it too. I would have preferred it with brown shoes, tho. Given that they have to be closed-toe and stuff, maybe these would have added a bit of contrast: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/81371

9. kiwi July 5, 2011 at 06:12 #

Nice, but not great.. I really am fed up of her shoe choices

10. robbie July 5, 2011 at 08:15 #

she looks fantastic. her shoes are a little boring.

11. D July 5, 2011 at 09:10 #

nice.

12. CreoleLady July 5, 2011 at 10:50 #

I could be wrong but I get the sense she does a lot of standing at these events, a painful
    If so, I certainly sympathize. As much as I would love different shoe choices, perhaps pumps are the most comfortable for her.

13. anamika July 5, 2011 at 11:15 #

Thx you FC for defending her makeup
    You noticed how the black eyeline make her eyes looked smokey with out the she doing the smokey!…sorta ‘cat’s eye-ish’
    and since she has the sweetest smile (from the heart) …her eyes smile also
    How flattering that pink blush is….it makes her cheeks more yummie yummier
    I love her!
    the dress is sooooooooooooo pretty

14. SSN July 5, 2011 at 12:23 #

I am getting bored with her wardrobe.. Too monotonous!

15. Lee Ann July 5, 2011 at 13:04 #

is it me or is she aging by the day ? It has been downhill since the engagement -with perhaps a slight upward blip with the wedding but from there one downhill ride of cream, navy and bad shoes.

16. DivaMom July 5, 2011 at 14:34 #

Bring in some color, STAT!!!!!!!!!

17. dee July 5, 2011 at 21:46 #

I haven’t been wowed by her at all and that includes even on her wedding day. I just don’t think she is into fashion like that and she is just a very natural type of girl. Some women are that way. I am not going to hold my breath and wait to see if she steps it up.

18. e July 6, 2011 at 00:04 #

i think we should not be so hard on her. i think she is someone for whom “fashion looks” are not a priority in her life. she doesn’t want to be a fashion icon – as dee said, there are some women who aren’t “into” fashion”. she obviously needs to look good and presentable, so she’s choosing simple, elegant, unfussy looks that will help her do her “job”. she’s worked out her formula – great streamlined dresses – and she’s sticking to it. and honestly, isn’t that what most working women aspire to? – finding your personal style and a formula for dressing that gets you thru the day with minimum of fuss but maximum confidence. PLUS she is now a member of “The Firm” so woudl we really be happy with her looking like she stpped off a runway? there’s expectations with that to be elegant but not “celebrity” or “fashion” or “hollywood”, surely. i say good on her, and we should stop judging her as a potential “icon” or style setter.

19. Thebaghag July 6, 2011 at 15:02 #

Very safe– see, this is the joseph dress. I wonder which publication either wrote out or tweeted that the McQueen knitdress was Joseph! I distinctly remember reading it!

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2011 at 15:06 #

A lot of people are guessing just because she’s worn McQueen in the past and they want to write something rather than nothing which is wrong.