Cheryl Cole’s band mate, Nicola Roberts joined the birthday girl at her 28th birthday party which was held at The Sanderson Hotel in London last week.

The singer wore a colourful House of Holland Fall 2011 long sleeve dress.

What disappointingly doesn’t show up in either picture is the dazzling multi-colour Swarovski crystals embroidered into the dress.

I was lucky enough to see this dress up close during a press day so I know that the picture isn’t doing this dress justice.

A black clutch and purple suede peep-toes completed her look.

I love this look on Nicola. She is the only one from this group with natural style.

I’m really glad she didn’t belt the look.

Credit: Style.com & Xpsoure

Emma Watson For Harper's Bazaar UK August 2011

Emma Watson For Harper’s Bazaar UK August 2011

Celebrities Love…Hot Pants

Celebrities Love…Hot Pants

30 Responses to Nicola Roberts In House of Holland – Cheryl Cole’s 28th Birthday Party @ The Sanderson Hotel

1. robbie July 4, 2011 at 17:31 #

i hate her hair, that two tone look is just really bad. the dress is pretty on her love that she went for purple shoes and not a boring black pair.

2. Marvel July 4, 2011 at 17:35 #

Im sorry but it looks like she is wearing my Grandma’s tea-cosy.

3. imam July 4, 2011 at 17:37 #

is it the same with cate balnchett?

4. Elaine July 4, 2011 at 17:39 #

I like her style but I think the ombre hair is awful

5. Charisse July 4, 2011 at 17:53 #

I’ve always wondered where my blanket went.

6. Fee July 4, 2011 at 18:05 #

I find it hard to focus on what she wears these days as I am always distracted by how different she looks in the last few months. I can’t put my finger on what she has done, apart from the hair? She is starting to look like SJP, especially in this photo

7. Lara July 4, 2011 at 18:10 #

I knew I could count on you to post this. If you’d described this look to me, I’m certain I’d have hated it. But I was surprised by how much I like how this worked for Nicola. Not a fan of the hair, and I think it it’d been her usual red, the dress would have popped even more. But I love the dress on her. She wore it with such elegance, and I agree that the belt would’ve be a bad choice.

8. Barbara July 4, 2011 at 18:38 #

i love this! her body looks amazing in the dress.BDOTW? is this possible?

• Fashion Critic July 4, 2011 at 18:43 #

In my eyes

9. Christine July 4, 2011 at 18:47 #

I agree with the hair comments above. She used to sport a darker glossy red which suited her fantastically. Having said that, the dress looks beautiful on her. Shame her other half didn’t make some effort too.

10. Fanny July 4, 2011 at 18:50 #

That is a HARD dress to wear, but I think she manages great.

11. kbs July 4, 2011 at 19:43 #

the children in my daughter’s school made a patchwork quilt as a leaving gift for their headmistress. Nicola is wearing it.
    Too much fabric for such a design. Would have worked much better if it were shorter.

12. Vee July 4, 2011 at 19:55 #

i like it. very 70s and it looks effortless on her.

13. shap_half July 4, 2011 at 19:59 #

She looks amazing. I don’t know if anyone will top this for me.

It has all the things I love with clothing: simple silhouette, eye-catching features and dangerously sexy. Good for her!

14. K. July 4, 2011 at 20:09 #

A few months ago, I stumbled over a very similar dress on Polyvore, a completely crocheted longsleeved mini dress (or possibly knee length – hard to tell from the picture) with a funnel neck. I remember it so well because it reminded me of a knit blanket in a 90’s Sitcom I loved as a teen. I’m pretty sure that this dress doesn’t have Swarovski crystals, but I like it a lot more than Nicola’s. I believe you, FC, when you say the pictures don’t do it justice, but the overall colour scheme of the dress looks agitated and fretful to me. I don’t like it at all. I also keep getting distracted by the hair – but I won’t comment on that today for reasons explained in my comment on Cheryl’s look. ;)

15. artemis July 4, 2011 at 20:10 #

For me this is BDOTW contender… I love this dress!!

16. anna July 4, 2011 at 20:25 #

i didn’t like this look at all!
    if i saw someonewearing this dress, i’m sure i would laugh of the look…

17. Emi July 4, 2011 at 20:45 #

I really like it! It’s not the classiest dress ever, of course it’s House of Holland… but it’s so original and funny… I don’t like her hair, really tacky. i don’t know this girl, i only saw her on this blog, but I think this is her style so it’s fine.

18. Fernando July 4, 2011 at 21:14 #

FC, aare all the colors and details from this dress SWAROVSKI crystals?, or is it a print?

19. mochababe73 July 4, 2011 at 23:38 #

I love a vibrant dress. I love prints. But this is a little much for my taste. With the hair, the dress, and the necklace are a bit much.
    For me, shorter and sleeveless with a thin black belt would have worked better along with a sleek ponytail. That’s alot of print, and it’s overwhelming her.

20. Parvati July 4, 2011 at 23:45 #

Judging only by the runway picture, I would have found the dress rather ugly, but Nicola Roberts changed my opinion on it! I love it on her and she looks beautiful in it!

21. Fanny July 5, 2011 at 00:04 #

A fun category on this website would be if you picked a celebrity and made a top10-looks of all times. For example Julia Roberts and her 10 best looks ever. Just a suggestion… :)

22. msd July 5, 2011 at 01:55 #

Too funny. I remember when Cate Blanchett wore a crochet dress by Romance Was Born about two years ago and everyone called her Cate Blanket. I think she’s having the last laugh now because since then I’ve seen half a dozen designers do their own versions of multi-coloured crochet blankie dresses! Anyway… I like this dress, it’s funky and different but sexy too. I’m not a fan of the hair.

23. Sharon July 5, 2011 at 04:23 #

Wow, does this take me back in time. We wore mini-skirts, ugly platform shoes, lots of fringe and in our spare time, we all crocheted granny squares to make into vests, bags and afghans. This dress may look wonderful close-up with it’s Swarovski crystals, but I just can’t get past the blanket look.

24. Alina July 5, 2011 at 09:40 #

I shouldn’t like this , but I do. In fact,I love this and I think it’s a worthy BDOTW contender.

• KateS July 5, 2011 at 12:27 #

x 2

25. imam July 6, 2011 at 16:23 #

may be it was inspired by this one

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2011 at 17:18 #