Celebrities Love…Hot Pants

Usually stars favour denim shorts when the temperatures rise, but certain celebrities have upped the ante by wearing dressier and ultimately sexier hot pants.

Seen on the Spring 2011 runways at Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, MaxMara and PPQ this sizzling trend isn’t for the shy at heart, but we can all take inspiration from the following fearless fashionistas.

Baring a lot of skin isn’t news to Beyonce who took to the stage at Glastonbury wearing an Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2010 Couture dress which was short enough to reveal black hot pants.

Speaking of Beyonce, at her album launch party singer Paloma Faith took inspiring from the diva by donning Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 black and gold lace hot pants.

Paloma played up the costume-aspect of the hot pants by pairing it with a nude, gold and silver embellished top, skin-coloured fishnet tights and a navy feathered headpiece.

Poppy Delevigne demonstrated how to work this look in a more elegant way by wearing an incredibly chic, grey tweed ensemble from Chanel’s Spring 2011 collection.

Fergie’s turned heads in her Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 look which included black hot pants. One would say this was too much for a Gala dinner in Paris, but if anyone can work this look it’s Fergie.

These celebrities showed us that the key to pulling off this look is confidence.

If you don’t feel entirely comfortable wearing hot pants, then add a pair of skin-coloured tights like Beyonce and Paloma or black tights like Fergie.

It’s also best to follow the simple rule of if you’re going to show off one part of your body, then be sure to cover the rest.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger Loves Her...Jil Sander 'JIL' Bag

Diane Kruger Loves Her…Jil Sander ‘JIL’ Bag

Celebrities Love...Maxi Skirts

Celebrities Love…Maxi Skirts

10 Responses to Celebrities Love…Hot Pants

1. Lori July 4, 2011 at 21:35 #

that Poppy Delvigne outfit was a revelation. Who knew hot pants that short could be so sophisticated? And you are right, the key to the look is confidence. But I cannot get behind advocating skin-coloured tights. You don’t want to look like a Hooters waitress! Black tights are great. If you don’t have the legs for it, there are plenty of other trends out there.

2. justme July 4, 2011 at 23:20 #

They only work for me as part of a stage outfit or with flat shoes.

• Alina July 5, 2011 at 10:11 #

I’m on the same page as you.

3. doc July 5, 2011 at 02:29 #

I don’t really think Beyonce’s qualify as hotpants. Those look like regular black panties to me. And, my lord!!! what has happened to Fergie? She looks 50 years old here. Nevermind that it’s summer and she is clearly trying to rock a fall look. What is the effect she is going for here, a streetwalker in mourning? I don’t think these things look good on anybody. They draw attention right to the crotch and thighs and makes them look like the blood flow is being cut of to their nether regions.

• denise July 5, 2011 at 23:28 #

ha, just saw your comment after posting mine. Panties…yes. I agree. The “dress”/jacket is cute though.

4. Sharon July 5, 2011 at 04:15 #

Although Poppy Delavigne looks great, I just can’t see shorts/hot pants as anything other than stage costumes or very casual wear.

5. Sienna July 5, 2011 at 04:35 #

I’m not so fond of the Chanel look on Poppy – the pants look too much like underwear. Perhaps this look would be appropriate poolside (minus the jacket of course). Otherwise, the best accessory would have to be – a pair of killer legs.

6. Vee July 5, 2011 at 04:54 #

i think only celebrities can wear this. i mean where would one wear chanel tweed hot pants?

7. Direct Axis July 5, 2011 at 13:43 #

Hot pants!!!!! Enough said! Im glad the leggy fashions are back. Skinny pants took over for a while! Chanel hotpants-hottest thing I’ve seen this year.

8. denise July 5, 2011 at 23:27 #

love me some Beyonce, but really I’m tired of people labeling her Glastonbury look as hot pants. They look like full blown panties to me. But I digress.