Naomi Campbell In Givenchy Couture – Wedding Gala Dinner

On what has been a supremely bland weekend for fashion, Naomi Campbell has been my saving grace.

She looked stunning despite the hat at the wedding of the Charlene and Albert in Monaco wearing McQueen, but she went one step further at the Gala Dinner.

The supermodel drop-kicked the ball out of the fashion park by looking uber sexy in Givenchy Fall 2009 Couture gown.

Her halterneck ecru gown was embroidered emerald stones which she complemented with matching emerald earrings.

Naomi is the perfect face and body for Givenchy, which was captured in the brands Fall 2011 ad campaign.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Armani Privé - Wedding Gala Dinner

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Armani Privé – Wedding Gala Dinner

Who Was Your Favourite Summer Bride?

Who Was Your Favourite Summer Bride?

43 Responses to Naomi Campbell In Givenchy Couture – Wedding Gala Dinner

1. Lola July 3, 2011 at 19:16 #

Allthough she looks stunning she is not appropriate and may be percieved as trying to upstage or outshine the veide. It is not good etiquette to wear white to a wedding.

2. Lola July 3, 2011 at 19:18 #

Sorry the bride of course…

3. molly July 3, 2011 at 19:22 #

She looks great, but to a royal wedding? What was she thinking? But more importantly, how did they let her through the doors? Honestly, she looks like a Las Vegas show girl. Not ok.

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 19:25 #

Victoria Silvstedt was at this wedding, so for me it was more a celebrity event

• Emi July 3, 2011 at 21:43 #

I agree, I’m not a conservative girl, but this is too sexy for a wedding, not because of the white but because it shows too much skins and breasts and she’s not an understated woman. Sorry FC, the fact that David and Victoria were among the guests of the royal wedding of William and Kate made it a celebrity event? In Montecarlo I saw more understated outfits, the english wedding seemed most of all an exhibition of crazy hats. I think you’re a bit biased…

4. alexander July 3, 2011 at 19:29 #

Not sure if some of you read the article She was attending the dinner afterwards

5. Incroyable July 3, 2011 at 19:40 #

OMG the second picture STOLE MY BREATH! Excuse me for a minute while I check in at the pearly gates, as I have been SLAYED!
    Stunning doesn’t suffice.

6. K. July 3, 2011 at 19:41 #

I’m not a fan of Naomi Campbell, to be honest, but I thought she was stunning in her Alexander McQueen gown during the wedding ceremony. Since most of the women were wearing shorter dresses and hers was a floorlength gown, I had been wondering whether Naomi was perhaps already dressed in her evening wear. Now it is pretty obvious, that she wasn’t.

I like the dress on her – a lot more than on the runway model, actually. Personally, I have to agree though. I don’t think it was very respectful to wear an ecru gown to a royal wedding. I would have loved to see her in something different, preferably a something that was more colourful.

I have to say though that I don’t think she looks showgirlesque at all. It’s a beautiful gown and she does wear it well – I just think that it isn’t the best choice for attending a wedding that isn’t your own.

• laura D July 3, 2011 at 22:23 #

I agree entirely. It’s stunning on her… but a bit disrespectful to go so all out flashy and in ecru at the wedding dinner.

7. Lola July 3, 2011 at 19:41 #

The galla dinner of the of the wedding.

8. Z FASHION BLOG July 3, 2011 at 20:04 #

Amazing look!
    Naiomi made my week!!

The floral Givenchy dress she wore to the wedding itself was amazing too!

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 20:16 #

That dress turned out to be McQueen

• Z FASHION BLOG July 4, 2011 at 05:50 #

Oh, thanks for the correction.
        It makes much more sense to be a McQueen.

When everybody said it was a Givenchy, I tried to relate it to any of Tisci’s Couture work, but couldn’t think of anything.

In any case, it’s a wonderful piece and she looked stunning in it! :-)

• artemis July 3, 2011 at 20:27 #

She made my week too;-)..Personally I don’t care If it was appropriate or not..Fashion wise it was amazing!!

9. Megan July 3, 2011 at 20:05 #

She looks amazing thank god for her two stunning looks to keep things interesting.

10. Henrique July 3, 2011 at 20:09 #

WOW. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

11. robbie July 3, 2011 at 20:17 #

how tacky. sorry but far too much flesh/cleavage on show for a wedding event.

• Ev July 3, 2011 at 21:07 #

I absolutely agree. To me it seems even more revealing because of the contrast between the color of the dress and her skin color. And certainly not appropriate for the royal wedding event.

12. Stylish1 July 3, 2011 at 20:23 #

Oh the glitz & glamour :-) I absolutely love this dress and Naomi looks AMAZING.
    Totally appropriate… after all what is a super model who dates a billionaire attending a royal wedding celebration in the playground of The Rich and Famous supposed to wear?

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 20:29 #

Agreed.

• anamika July 4, 2011 at 00:25 #

+1 …If her man didn’t oppose

13. mol July 3, 2011 at 20:36 #

That bottom image is beyond gorgeous – the backdrop only adds to the glamour of this look. I don’t know if it’s appropriate or not (i like Stylish1′s thoughts on this), but it is stunning!

14. Hannah July 3, 2011 at 20:55 #

I just almost died, this is going into my top ten of the year straight away. I have literally been longing for this dress isnce it’s debut at fashion week so logn ago, well mor ethe pink one of the same style, but this one was a close second. Although I never really pictured it on her, she absolutely kills it. Givenchy gowns are never to be underestimated.

15. Laura July 3, 2011 at 20:56 #

I don’t think it was right to wear this. And when will she take off that wig? The dress looks great on the model. Anyway, the princess still stole the show, and was upstaged by no one.

• Emi July 3, 2011 at 21:47 #

I agree with you about the wig and the Princess.

16. CreoleLady July 3, 2011 at 21:48 #

I don’t like this dress anymore than I liked the McQueen. In both cases, it is not the silhouette of the dress (especially the McQueen, the silhouette was fab). Color, details and accessories put me off of both dresses. The emerald stones look like cheap glass on here. This outfit would look great in Vegas. And I just can’t get with that feathered stole or whatever that wrap is.

17. fashionfan July 3, 2011 at 22:33 #

While I do think she looks stunning in this gown I find it inappropriate to wear to a wedding, not only because it’s too revealing (but I guess if I had that body I’d want to reveal something too!) but because it’s a long white gown. It doesn’t matter how rich or famous you are, wearing a long white gown to a wedding is a no-no. When you look up close at the green gems on it, it honestly looks like they thought “oh crap! a long white dress to a wedding! let’s add some green jewels on it so it’s not all white”. Her first outfit she wore was fabulous. She should have just stuck with that.

18. mochababe73 July 3, 2011 at 22:46 #

I don’t like the dress. But even if I did, I don’t find that it was appropriate for an after wedding dinner gala for a royal couple. First of all, it’s white. Second of all, it’s too revealing.
    Wrong dress for the wrong occasion. Waaaay too fashion-y.

• sydneycheekychic July 4, 2011 at 01:07 #

Totally agree… totally inappropriate..

• Alina July 4, 2011 at 06:56 #

I agree with every single word that you’ve wrote.

• dee July 5, 2011 at 16:10 #

Agreed.

19. Raquel July 4, 2011 at 01:00 #

I don’t care if it was a gala dinner and not the wedding itself, it was a wedding gala dinner, period. I find it incridibly tacky to attend a wedding related event wearing white and not amount of esmeralds in the world can make up for that faux pas. It’s just tacky.

20. Danika July 4, 2011 at 01:12 #

Extremely inappropriate for an event that is honouring a a newlywed couple. Yes she is a supermodel BUT she is also a human who should think about etiquette…

21. Th July 4, 2011 at 01:19 #

I think it is not aproppriate, and disrespectfull for this event..

22. Carolina July 4, 2011 at 03:43 #

Frederick’s of Hollywood has similar gowns. Not my favorite by a very long shot.

23. Erika July 4, 2011 at 07:47 #

FC, didn’t you say in you liked the hat/fascinator at the wedding?

24. kiwi July 4, 2011 at 08:41 #

Stunning

25. Fee July 4, 2011 at 09:50 #

I agree with all the inappropriate comments; whether it was the dinner or ceremony this was still a (royal) wedding. If in doubt, imagine a friend’s reaction if you turned up to her wedding dinner in this. It just proves Naomi is pure ego.

26. Rebecca Z July 4, 2011 at 17:34 #

Ugh!

27. Stella July 4, 2011 at 18:38 #

Beautiful and stunning! This look is very appropriate for a Monaco wedding folks. Did you see the guest list?!

• Fashion Critic July 4, 2011 at 18:45 #

Agreed. She wasn’t at the Duchesses wedding in the UK.

28. Lucía July 4, 2011 at 21:12 #

I don’t know what is bothering me about this, but I think it’s that she didn’t pull her hair up.

29. asherlev1 July 5, 2011 at 03:30 #

Not featuring anyone else from the wedding?

I thought the detailing on Maria Margarita’s dress was so gorgeous. XP