Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William took part in a morning prayer service today onboard a Canadian military frigate as they prepared for a day in Quebec City.

The Duchess wore her second Erdem look of the tour. Opting for yet another blue dress.

Her fitted 3/4 length sleeve Pre-Fall 2011 dress with a lace yoke and floral embroidery on the bodice was paired with her favourite L.K. Bennett nude pumps.

Click on the pictures to see more images.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Monaco Royal Wedding Guests

Monaco Royal Wedding Guests

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Armani Privé - Wedding Gala Dinner

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Armani Privé – Wedding Gala Dinner

68 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Erdem – Morning Prayer Service On Board HMCS Montreal

1. Lee Ann July 3, 2011 at 16:37 #

I will reserve judgement until I can see the entire look. I do like this dress a lot. But from the head shot I am afraid that I will not like it on her. She must do something with that hair, update her make up and pretty certain even with out seeing them be a bit more adventurous in her footwear.

2. Saray July 3, 2011 at 16:48 #

ughh I’m so bored with her

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 16:51 #

One step behind you

• elena July 3, 2011 at 19:18 #

Same… she has being borring recently!

• Verena July 3, 2011 at 20:18 #

See, I’m convinced that she got lucky with her first few outfits (there were hints tho) and then wrongly assumed she could pull this off by herself. I expect aid to be hired soon. Officially or not.

3. Sabrina July 3, 2011 at 16:48 #

Good God that model looks depressed! looks like she’s going to a funeral…(the model)

• Vee July 3, 2011 at 17:12 #

you’re right. i always wonder why don’t models smile?

i want katy to update her makeup. but blue does look very nice on her. maybe with her hair she can do 1/2 up, 1/2 down look. that way she’d be in her comfort zone but it’d be a little different.

a lot of women don’t like to do prints and she might be one of them.

4. Francesca July 3, 2011 at 16:59 #

I’m not that bored. :)

• anamika July 4, 2011 at 00:19 #

5. Alina July 3, 2011 at 17:04 #

This would have been such a great choice for her if all her previous looks hadn’t been so similar.

6. Z FASHION BLOG July 3, 2011 at 17:21 #

I thought I was the only one who’s bored with her.. Glad to hear others are too!

I’m not only bored with her mediocre outfit choices, I think she lacks the “grace”..”allure”.. call it whatever you want..

Even when she tries hard, she looks boring and awkward.

I mean this same dress could have looked great on someone else (with the right accessories, hair and shoes).

Ooops.. that was a bit too harsh lol
    I’ve been holding my tongue and giving her chances, but she just doesn’t have it in her..

• M. July 3, 2011 at 17:29 #

I completely agree.
      Although this isn’t her worst outfit of the past few days (think that purple dress and the issa dress she wore to that barbeque).

• Leigh July 4, 2011 at 06:11 #

No charisma! This girl’s pretty boring! Or maybe we’re all being unfair and expecting her to be more like Lady Di!

• mari July 4, 2011 at 17:33 #

hey, Lady Di was advenurous, but tooke her years to really polish her look. After all, she got married in the horrid 80s, and she had to wear matronly outfis for years to everyday activities. I remember that decade and the young adult elegant fashion made women look older in many cases.
          I think that it was in night events where she started to shine early.
          I think Kate at ths point is likeable, but does not have the charisma of Diana or even Mrs. Obama. I actually think that she might be afraid of attracting the photographers too much.
          Kate looks good (yes, not adventurous) and she will have plenty of opportunities to find her style. She has looked decent-good, and this dress does not make her look as thin as others.

7. artemis July 3, 2011 at 17:22 #

The only thing I can say is that I like the dress more that the other blue dresses she has worn

8. robbie July 3, 2011 at 17:31 #

pretty dress but by the sound of the shoes it will be quite dull.

9. Roberta July 3, 2011 at 17:34 #

It is a beautiful dress, but I have to agree with the bored crowd. Always the same cut, the same pumps, the same hair, the same eyeliner and, now, the same color! Hire a stylist and be done with this!

10. mol July 3, 2011 at 17:46 #

To be fair, maybe she needs some time to grow into her new role; but as of now, it seems as if the record is on constant replay and a spark is missing. That said, I do love the look of this dress on the model.

• molly July 3, 2011 at 18:31 #

True, but she has always dressed like this, only now she has designers literally throwing themselves at her, so one would this she would take full advantage of that. But maybe thats just me…

• mol July 3, 2011 at 19:39 #

I don’t think she has an innate fashion sensibility, but she’s also young and on a very steep learning curve right now (for example, attending all kinds of state functions with incredible protocol demands). I think a good stylist would definitly help her start making more interesting choices – just because designers are throwing clothes at you doesn’t mean you have a clue how to jump right into that world and make smart choices…….You are right though, if I had designers throwing stuff at me, well, for better or worse, you couldn’t hold me back!!!!

11. Lisa July 3, 2011 at 17:47 #

watching the coverage live on tv. she looks good in this dress, i swear! it’s one of her better looks of the tour for sure.

• Roberta July 3, 2011 at 18:33 #

I totally agree, but I just think she lacks boldness. I don’t mean Lady-Gaga-boldness, but a bit of Diane-Kruger-boldness. Chic and alive.

• Manel July 4, 2011 at 03:42 #

I agree a bit of princess Maxima boldness

12. molly July 3, 2011 at 18:29 #

If her wardrobe didnt consist on only long sleved blue dresses, I would be head ovwer heels. I actually really love this on her, but she has worn it so many times. It fits her wonderfully and I dont even mind the nude pumps.

13. vicky July 3, 2011 at 18:40 #

Snooze-fest.
    She continues to match her outfits with her engagement/wedding ring… That’s the only thing I can find explaining this completely sparkless tour…

At this point she’s definitely not the next fashion icon.

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 18:45 #

I agree..not even close to reaching fashion icon status, but she will be called one nonetheless.

So far this tour has been the equivalent of eating toast with no butter and no water…DRY.

• Pati July 3, 2011 at 20:01 #

haha, love your comment.

• vicky July 3, 2011 at 20:28 #

Haha, perfect description FC!

• justme July 3, 2011 at 21:18 #

lol accurate

• Lisa July 3, 2011 at 22:27 #

lol well said

14. Georgie July 3, 2011 at 18:47 #

I’ve been hearing a lot of Catherine-bashing lately. I know she may not be as colourful or as fashion-forward as other similar figures (FLOTUS here’s looking at you!) but I think she always looks beautiful and dignified. As part of the Royal Family she has to maintain a proper, more refined, sense of style – particularly on state occasions. At more relaxed events i.e. Wimbledon she gets to be herself a bit more and her style becomes a lot more fun. I think that’s when we’re seeing the real her, personally. This is her dressing safely, trying to prove her competency as a new Royal. The real fun comes later, I reckon.. :)

• Fashion Critic July 3, 2011 at 18:54 #

Lets hope so….I’m in fashion coma over here ;)

• Zineb July 3, 2011 at 19:19 #

Boring, boring, boring ….

• mari July 4, 2011 at 17:38 #

LOL at the comment!!! let’s get some animal print and colorful shoes in a post to revive you! hey, maybe a shoe/dress swap/comparison for kate?

15. Naomi July 3, 2011 at 18:57 #

Goodness, she has a teeny-tiny waist.
    Anyway, I don’t have problems with her fashion choices, and I can understand if that was a conscious choice by her – to keep a relatively low profile fashion-wise.
    However, I do have a problem with her make-up – it’s always the same!
    I mean, go for another eyeshadow, try a different shade of lipstick! Though maybe it’s always the same because it complements her cloths, which are kinda always the same.

• Leti July 4, 2011 at 07:31 #

I totally agree, especially aa to her eyeliner. She goes for the same heavy, dark liner every time! It’s a very dated, and not entirely flattering look. Just I once, I would like to see her try a lighter color and/or a softer, smudged line.

• anamika July 4, 2011 at 12:06 #

why should she change her eye-liner…with her green eyes…it give it a sorta smokey(with being really smokey) effect….and it just seduces more!
        don’t you think she knows her eyes all there years
        and waiting for you to do her make up!
        man give her break! yawh!

• Naomi July 4, 2011 at 18:06 #

Of course she knows her eyes, but there are many things that can flatter green eyes.
          Just like she knows her figure and what cloths would look good on her, but that doesn’t mean she wears the exact same dress every day.

• Kaz July 4, 2011 at 09:17 #

Exactly what I was thinking! I’d love to see some soft eyes and a bold red lip.

Come to think of it, I’d also like to see her in a fuller skirt, trousers, a structured/interesting top… I could go on!

• anamika July 4, 2011 at 12:15 #

celebrate what you see now
        the best it yet to come!

16. Rebecca Z July 3, 2011 at 18:59 #

Yes, the clothes on this tour have been pretty one-note, and it is fair game to criticize her choices. But she is a lovely young woman who has glimmers of style and she may yet become more comfortable branching out some. I say give her a year to begin to feel more comfortable in her new role, with the constant media attention, and dealing with that demanding family and then lets see how she does.

• Georgie July 3, 2011 at 19:33 #

Agreed :)

17. Stylish1 July 3, 2011 at 19:10 #

@FC – Fashion coma?!?! Too funny!

A brighter blue and i do like the embroidery detail. The cut of the Erdem dresses seem perfect on Catherine’s petite frame….but do those darn shoes have to keep making an outing!

18. K. July 3, 2011 at 19:14 #

To be honest I am not sure whether Catherine actually wants to obtain fashion icon status. She’s never struck me as the kind of woman who enjoyed fashion and I think although she now has the chance to experiment with many different looks she really isn’t in a position to do so right now. One faux pas is all it takes, after all. She’s no longer just Catherine Middleton, she has to represent.

I do like to see her in dark blues because I think she wears the colour well. Yes, it would be nice to see some bolder colours on her or something other than a slim pencilled dress. I just don’t know whether we’ll be ever seeing something like that from her. Lady Diana – bless her soul – only became interesting fashionwise AFTER she and Prince Charles separated… I have a feeling people’ve forgotten about that.

• Elaine July 3, 2011 at 19:35 #

My guess is in a year or so, she’ll branch out a bit. I really would like to see some of her casual outfits – and hopefully her new J Brand red jeans will come out when they are in Yellowknife! Or on the boating race at PEI. The fun is yet to come!
      I do like her dresses, my favorites have been the first Erdem, the purple jersey, and I liked some of the design features of yesterday’s gray dress (although it didn’t fit her properly from the back view….) The shoes, yes, you’re right – they all kind of look the same…………

• K. July 3, 2011 at 21:45 #

Personally I wasn’t too fond of the purple jersey. I feel it’s not really flattering her – she has a slim, delicate frame and I felt the purple dress did not do it justice.

I agree she needs time however. Everyone is just waiting for her to make a wrong move so playing it safe is probably the smartest decision right now. Even if it’s not the most exciting one for us. :P

• anamika July 4, 2011 at 00:44 #

+1@ all your remarks K
          also in the early days of Lady Dee …she used dress like old lady..and she was so un-refined!
          is after her face changed and her clothes etc etc

• Elaine July 4, 2011 at 01:22 #

Really? You didn’t think the purple Issa dress was good? Considering how unforgiving jersey is, I thought it was fantastic on her! Could you elaborate because I would really like to learn more about this. I thought very few people on the face of the earth could pull that look off – and to my eye she was perfection in that dress!

• K. July 4, 2011 at 19:38 #

The unforgiving jersey is what makes me dislike that look, to be honest. She has a very slim, delicate body frame and I felt the jersey dress was accentuating that in precisely the wrong way, making her look too thin. You can see in all of the other pictures and dresses that she actually isn’t so skinny it should cause worry, but the purple jersey dress made her look exactly like that. i concede – since I only saw a few pictures of that dress – that the shots of her wearing it might have been taken from an unfortunate angle. Fact is, I thought she looked very unhealthy in the purple Issa dress, not even half the woman I’d seen in the white Reiss dress or the grey one she wore during the tree planting ceremony the next day. Also I would’ve replied to your last post but for some reason I couldn’t find the reply link. Sorry about that, Elaine. :)

• Elaine July 4, 2011 at 22:07 #

Thanks K for your response – I’ll have to see if I can see some other photos of the jersey dress, guess I didn’t notice how gaunt she must’ve looked to you. Hopefully in time after she gets used to her lifestyle she can return to the body weight she was before the wedding. Right now she looks thinner than most of the runway models. Her skin, teeth, and hair look healthy so hopefully this is just a temporary thing. I know people don’t like comments about her weight (or lack thereof) but thin does not necessarily equate to healthy, does it.

• mari July 4, 2011 at 17:39 #

ITA with all you said.

• Elaine July 5, 2011 at 03:18 #

I saw a video of her in the dragon boat race and although she is thin, she looks muscular. You can tell she works out and not just now and then.

19. Ben July 3, 2011 at 19:56 #

I miss Lady Diana sooooooo much!

20. Sandie July 3, 2011 at 20:50 #

I think she needs time.

Michelle Obama needed some time too to establish her fashion sense.

21. pam July 3, 2011 at 20:52 #

She is a princess, not a fashion model or starlet. It’s not really her job to push the fashion envelope. Her job is to look appropriate and not offend. I also think that it makes good sense to wear similar colors and repeat accessories when traveling. No one ever calls the queen boring and she has been wearing the same thing for fifty years.

• Elaine July 4, 2011 at 01:29 #

LOL……I guess I’d be willing to say the Queen is boring in her fashions – but hey- she’s over 80 and she looks pretty good for that age!

Catherine is in the position to step up her game. Maybe getting a good stylist would be a good move for the future. I would doubt she has the time to devote to this and we want her to look beautiful!!! LOL.

Her shoe collection to date is quite “meh” and just wearing dresses or coat ensembles? There is so much more. Since she married the Prince, my favorite outfits of hers where 1) the beaded dress for the charity function a few weeks ago (Jenny……), 2) the McQueen coat for the trouping of the colours, 3) the Erdem dress to depart the plane, and 4) the purple Issa silk jersey. The white dress at the Wimbledon was good too, forgot about that. Maybe it’s the narrow focus of her colour palette, too. With a body like hers – I’d go WILD!

22. Erin G July 3, 2011 at 23:13 #

The bright blue is actually very appropriate today given that they are in Quebec City (look up the Quebec flag). Also, Erdem is originally from Quebec. I do like the nods being made while in Canada — she is essentially like an ambassador on this tour.

23. Felicia July 3, 2011 at 23:36 #

You’re so right. She’s not only representing herself but the monarchy. She’s not a model or a starlet so expectations have to be adjusted accordingly.

24. Jimmy July 3, 2011 at 23:45 #

The queen is boring.:)

25. Raquel July 4, 2011 at 01:07 #

I don’t mind the color, there is a whole symbolism behind the colors in this tour so I can accept that. I also don’t mind the long sleeves because, hello, official events and protocol and monarchy and she is not Diane Kruger or a normal celebrity, she the wife of the heir of the only crown that really matters, a future queen. She has to dress for the part and so far I think she has done that. Sure, we all want something different, but it’s her first tour, she is young and let’s not forget that the world is still going through a horrible recession.

All in all, while I too would love to see a bit more of… sparks, so to speak, I think she is on her way. But she should – no she has to – do soemthing with her hair. This dress is all about the shoulders details and she kills it with the same old hair.

26. AJoanna July 4, 2011 at 04:57 #

I agree that she does look a bit…. subdued. But, just think about it. she just got married into the royal family, what? 2 months ago? There’s got to be so much pressure to be “proper.” What happens if Catherine does take the fashion risk everyone is begging her to take and then… it doesn’t turn out well and the media blasts her? That’s got to be extremely embarrassing, and frankly, I think it would be a stupid move. She’s only been a princess for a few months, she will come around. Just give the poor woman time to get comfortable being a freaking DUCHESS.
    Look on the bright side. At least she’s not wearing black all the time.

27. kiwi July 4, 2011 at 08:34 #

Ok, if she wants to keep wearing the same style, how about the lovely green Oscar De La Renta listed currently as one of FC’s choices, at least its a lovely pop of colour. My favourite has been the white dress with Red accessories on Canada day

28. Emi July 4, 2011 at 08:55 #

The dress is lovely.

29. Emi July 4, 2011 at 08:57 #

FC, I suppose you like to call her Duchess of Cambridge, you never call other royals with their full names… You like this girl a lot…

30. Maria July 4, 2011 at 12:36 #

The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures is that I wanted to run in Canada with a rubber band and tie her hair. Since she appeared on the public scene she has always had a simple look (including accessories) so I never expected from her courageous choices. But her hair are covering her face and sometimes they ruin the whole outfit: in this case especially the embroidery of the dress is exquisite but the hair cover it completely
    Catherine has a beautiful body, especially shoulders and arms toned, but this hair cut is totally wrong because her shape is not valued.
    If I was her I would change the hairdresser.

• Elaine July 4, 2011 at 22:02 #

The hair seems to only really work when she’s inside and it’s not blowing around. She’s always running her fingers through it, too, which is maybe a nervous habit or something… I’d like to see her cut it to just shoulder length!

31. Rebelr July 4, 2011 at 23:25 #

I think you all are expecting too much way too soon. She looks great to me.

32. Guest July 6, 2011 at 04:51 #

Between the model and the Duchess, I vote Duchess! She’s always dressed appropriately. A welcome change given some royal family DON’Ts…