Wedding Style: Kate Moss In John Galliano & Jamie Hince In YSL

Supermodel Kate Moss married rocker Jamie Hince in the English village of Southrop today.

After the church ceremony the bride and groom happily posed outside with the supermodel’s 15 bridesmaids, including her daughter Lila Grace.

So no OK or Hello magazine deal then.

The beaming bohemian bride wore a beautiful vintage-style John Galliano gown which was delicately embellished with rhinestone details.

Picking the troubled designer was a controversial choice, but I sure this is an indication that John was there for Kate during her own scandal a few years ago.

Her look was paired with Manolo Blahnik heels which had been reported to include ‘something blue’.

Jamie Hince looked mighty dapper wearing a custom Stefano Pilati for Yves Saint Laurent suit grey suit.

The usually grumpy couple couldn’t look any happier on their wedding day.

Credit: Getty

42 thoughts on “Wedding Style: Kate Moss In John Galliano & Jamie Hince In YSL

1. Verena

I love her dress! It’s not huge and it is so her. Love that she stayed true to her style, including her hair and make-up, which is absolutely how every bride should play it.

1. Megan

Yes I love that she stayed true to her style instead of wearing a big fairytale gown.Bohemian Bridal Chic at it’s finest.

2. groucho

Love the dress, hair & makeup! it looks so her. Jamie looks so cool.. they seem both very happy

3. artemis

I love this dress! It’s totally different from all the lace wedding dresses (which I also love)..It’s totally Kate! I can’t applaud her messy look and “make-up” although it’s her…

4. mm

The bride, I dont like the hair or make up. It looks unpolished. I LOVE all the junior bridesmaids. Just Lovely

1. Fashion Critic Post author

But This is Kate Moss.

Anything more then she’s wouldn’t have been herself.

I like this a lot.

1. mm

I dont have the Kate Moss perspective. She is not a person I really know much about, She looks so different in her prints ads.

To your point, I agree, a bride should represent her best self. I will take your word that this is Kate doing just that. : )

5. Emi

The dress is gorgeous… I’m not sure about the make up. her husband was very elegant, I really like his suit. The only thing I don’t like is the veil, honestly she doesn’t have the age and the “past” to wear it, for me, but I think she wanted a traditional wedding, considering she had 15 bridesmaids… Sorry, is she pregnant?

6. jadel parra

kate looks gorgeous, simple and classic.

i read on the nypost a few days ago that kate was going to be the september cover for vogue and that the cover was going to be from her wedding and that mario testiono was shooting it, if you look at some of the photos , you can see mario testino taking pics..so i guess that’s why there was no deal with any other magazines but i doubt anna will put kate on the cover with a dress already seen by the world….

7. AW

This may not be a popular opinion but I don’t get it. I don’t see anything special about this woman and certainly not super model.

The dress is gorgeous but not on her. She needs on proper undergarments. Call me a snob but you’re supposed to look more beautiful on your wedding day than any other and this just doesn’t cut it.

On the other he looks awesome! Very chic.

1. Molly

I agree with you. Stunning dress, but she still looked like an over partied stick. I like that she kept her hair and makeup true to who she is, but she could really use a bra or petals. A wedding is the last placeto not wear a bra.

8. Dominika

Am I the only one, that can see her nipple…? Bride with stucking nipple isn’t exactly tastefull…

9. peach

I LOVE the dress and the veil, but I think she looks very hard here. And I really don’t like seeing nipples through a wedding dress. (god, I sound like my mother!) But it is a great dress.

10. moja31

how did galliano manage to make kate moss look like she needs a pair of spanx? and a sheer-ish bottom on a wedding dress? seriously?
    it’s a pretty dress, and i like the boho vibe (love the veil), but i’m not totally in love with it.
    and god i hate the groom’s shoes.

1. eimear

Exactly what I was thinking, its the first time I have seen a picture of Kate Moss with a tiny hint of curve stomach!

2. Vidhya

ROFL… i was thinking the exact thing.. she looks like she has no undergarments on.. desperate need of spanx and a bra.. it has a nice boho feel to it tho..

11. Kate

Love it, very her. So happy for them. My fave wedding dress in a long time(yes im including K-Mid in that!)

12. robbie

she looks great, a little tired perhaps but that dress LOVE IT!

him though. really a grey suit and black shoes sends shivers up my spine.

13. Emma

I actually really dislike this. She needs a bra or at least some petals to cover her nipples, and it makes her look a bit chubby around the midsection. If a dress can make Kate Moss look bad, it’s the dress, not the girl.

1. Erin

I completely agree with you. At 37, I certainly wouldn’t expect her to still be Calvin Klein campaign thin, but she has a great body. This dress is really unflattering. A pair of Spanx alone would have improved this.

That said, I LOVE the veil and her hair.

2. Kaylie

I agree. My first reaction when I saw a picture of her on a different site was “wow, she looks horrible.”

I don’t know anything about Kate Moss though, so maybe this is “her” as other commenters have suggested.

14. Hilary

I agree that this is “very Kate” but I don’t think that’s a good thing. The dress needs structured undergarments and I wish she’d done something original with her hair. It would have looked beautiful swept back.

She also doesn’t have the complexion to get away with so little make up. I do suspect that in real life, she probably looked radiant (phtos in natural light can be unflattering) and I’m delighted that she is so happy.

However both her and Abbey Clancy have looked tired and almost hungover (not saying there were, they just look it) in their wedding photos today and yesterday. I may be a bit biased though..I tend to indulge in the Katy Perry/Cheryl trend of striking make-up/fake eyelashes/big hair!

The husbands shouldn’t have his sunglasses on…so silly looking.

15. Amber

For a supermodel, she sure doesn’t know much about wearing appropriate undergarments. Wouldn’t you want to look your best on your wedding day? Instead she’s saggy and poochy.

16. hanna

the bias cut is a classic john galliano. i’m happy seeing kate happy. i don’t know why.

17. NinaDK

I can see that this is classic Kate, but I still don’t like it.. The dress is beautiful, but the fit seems unflattering (along with the showing nipples), the hair and make up looks excactly like it does when you see her tumbling out of a club at 4 am..

18. rita

I”ll get burnt for saying this but hell… Why does she always look like she’s in a HUGE need of a shower? Her dress if magnificent but she makes it look like it stinks. Her teeth are practically yellow and she’s the kind of woman who’ll ALWAYS need make up because partying hard, smoking and doing drugs destroyed what was left of her beauty . She used to be so cute