01.07.11

Fall 2011 ad campaigns have started to be unveiled, but the one’s that stand out are by Miu Miu and Marc by Marc Jacobs, who chose two up and coming teenage actresses to front their campaigns.

Miu Miu have featured Oscar-nominated actress Hailee Steinfeld in their campaign after the young star has worn the brand to several events including this years’ BAFTA Awards and the Young Hollywood Awards.

The 14 year old actress has also worn Miu Miu’s big sister Prada on several occasions, most notably to the SAG Awards.

This campaign was shot by renowned photographer Bruce Weber who captured the young star looking like a seasoned professional.

It’s a beautiful photo which suits the vibe of the collection very well.

Marc by Marc Jacobs chose 13 year old ‘Super 8′ actress Elle Fanning for their Fall 2011 campaign.

This is a striking image shot by Juergen Teller who also captures the young actress in an outdoor setting.

Elle is a brilliant choice for these ads and I love the intensity of her stare.

It’s ironic how she also attended the Young Hollywood Awards wearing the brand in which she represents in this ad.

Elle has also worn the also worn Marc Jacobs on several occasions, most recently to the Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards.

Both photographs are amazing, so it’s extremely hard to choose a favourite.

Hailee’s ad feels more high fashion, whilst Elle’s is classic Marc by Marc Jacobs and represents the brand perfectly.

If I had to pick I would go with Miu Miu’s, as I adore the styling of the clothes and the rural setting.

Credit: Style.com, INFPhoto, Bruce Weber for Miu Miu & Juergen Teller for Marc by Marc Jacobs

Jennifer Aniston In Balenciaga - "Horrible Bosses" LA Premiere

Jennifer Aniston In Balenciaga – “Horrible Bosses” LA Premiere

Beyonce Knowles In Julien Macdonald - Good Morning America

Beyonce Knowles In Julien Macdonald – Good Morning America

14 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld for Miu Miu vs Elle Fanning for Marc by Marc Jacobs Ad Campaigns

1. Keely July 1, 2011 at 15:39 #

I could not pick between these two beautiful, talented, fashionable girls!

2. Keely July 1, 2011 at 15:39 #

Not to mention, these photos look like they could be a part of the same campaign.

3. anna July 1, 2011 at 15:41 #

I think these girls are waaay to young to be in these ads, representing the brands. Or are Miu Miu and Marc jacobs launching teenage clothing? They are beautiful young girls, but it just feel wrong. Like they’re playing dressing up with mummys clothes or something.

• maria July 1, 2011 at 16:14 #

i totally agree. I don’t feel they can do justice to the clothes as they are too young. The Miu Miu screams for an older woman who has lived and learned.

• Linda July 1, 2011 at 21:46 #

Yeah, these images are kind of depressing, esp. Hailey wearing those serious dark clothes. I really wonder what the marketing team at Mui Mui was thinking….

• Luiza July 1, 2011 at 16:15 #

My thoughts exactly! I don’t think they sell the clothes either.. it’s like if you are not under 14 you will look nothing like it! And anyway, they don’t look good, clothes are overwhelming them…

• Tanize Monnerat July 1, 2011 at 18:54 #

I totally agree!! They are way too young for these kind of clothes! They look too serious in these older woman clothes, they should be wearing colorful, light, ready-to-play clothes, or were you dressed like this when you were 14?

• Megan July 1, 2011 at 19:15 #

I completely agree also what’s the point on fronting 14 year old if they look like they are 25+. They may not have even been interested in fashion before their breaks and I feel models should be used for their jobs. I’ll stop there as I could rant on.

• Emi July 2, 2011 at 16:23 #

I totally agree with you, I don’t know exactly which is the target of these two brands, but choosing such young girls is not a right choice for real buyers. I know that very young people are big spenders, nowadays, but I think that designers are too reverential towards these stars. They have been in a couple of successful movies and now they’re worldwide fashion icons? Please…

4. MatteaAM July 1, 2011 at 15:44 #

While I love both photos and both actresses, the first thing that springs to mind is that they look way too old for their age. And I’m not very appreciative of that…

5. artemis July 1, 2011 at 15:52 #

Both are great jobs but I chosed the miu miu campaign beause the brand suits my personal style and liking more

6. Rebecca Z July 1, 2011 at 15:54 #

I really like both of these young actresses, but think both these dresses are dogs. Not fun or youthful–they just look wrong.

7. robbie July 1, 2011 at 17:10 #

both of the ads are dull. i thought ad campaigns were meant to catch your eye and entice you into buying the pieces, these are just so depressing.

8. Holly July 1, 2011 at 23:13 #

Maybe they wanted to follow up the campaign that Dakota did a few years back, it feels like both campaigns have the same sort of vibe to them – disturbing.