Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Leighton Meester or Ludivine Sagnier

Leighton Meester was the first celebrity to snap up a look from Giambattista Valli’s Spring 2011 collection when she wore this dress to the 27th Annual Night of Stars in New York back in October.

Leighton’s version of the draped, silk crepe dress features a two-tone colour block in nude and white, instead of the runway version of nude and orange.

The actress paired her look with the vintage Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

She completed her look with a gold clutch, navy blue satin pumps and pink lipgloss.

French actress Ludivine Sagnier opted to wear the runway version of the dress when she attended a screening of her movie “The Devil’s Double” earlier this week in Los Angeles.

She chose to accessorize with a pair of strappy nude heels and a single gold bracelet and wear her hair down in loose waves. She also added gold eyeshadow to her look.

Whilst Leighton styled this look perfectly, I’m not a fan of her shoe choice.

Ludivine’s was more complementary but her overall grooming lets her down, so Leighton wins for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

9 thoughts on “Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Leighton Meester or Ludivine Sagnier

1. Kaz

Perfect summary FC. I also think Leighton’s necklace is fantastic and breaks up the nude, which can have a tendency to wash a girl out.

2. justme

I prefer the runway version of the dress. But Leighton’s accessories are perfect for the nude/white combo so she easily wins for me.

1. gabis

Me too.. I’m CRAZY about the entire runway look actually. The silver flat, the ponytail, the coral lipstick. Just perfect!!
      I don’t think this dress is a good choice for Ludivine’s curvy body so despite Leighton’s boring shoes and accessories, she looks better on it.

3. anamika

all 2 for me
    the orange please me more nice to see real curves and thickness and flesh is back!
    amen

1. J

i agree with you on everything, i love the rw version and i love the shoe choice and i adore the attitude with which Ludivine is working the dress, but why is it so hard to go up one size???

4. Rebecca Z

It definitely looks best on the model,partly because of her shape and partly because of the styling. this is a tough dress to wear because it is so long waisted. And a casual take is better than making it dressy in my opinion.

5. MReid

Hey FC – I agree with you, Leighton’s overall looked better, but her footwear choice left a lot to be desired. Bring on the Celebrity Shoe Swap!

6. Emi

Leighton styled it better, shoes apart. Also, I prefer the colors of her dress; Ludivine looks so old and a bit tacky. The dress fits Leighton better.