30.06.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrived at London’s Heathrow Airport to board a Royal Canadian Air Force with her husband Prince William this morning.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be traveling to Ottawa for their first overseas tour as a married couple.

The 11 day tour will take them to Canada and then on to California.

Catherine opted her favourite colour – navy blue – for her arrival.

She wore a Roland Mouret Manon silk and cotton-blend dress with a Smythe one button blazer.

Her all navy look continued to a Mulberry Polly Push lock shoulder bag and navy Manolo Blahnik pumps.

11 days of blazers and pencil dresses won’t be so exciting.

Stay tuned.

Click here or on the picture to find out where to buy Catherine’s full look.

Credit: Getty

In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge's Closet - Roland Mouret Dress, Smythe Blazer and Mulberry Bag

In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s Closet – Roland Mouret Dress, Smythe Blazer and Mulberry Bag

Sidewalk Style: Eva Mendes In Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012

Sidewalk Style: Eva Mendes In Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012

33 Responses to Heathrow Style: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret, Smythe & Mulberry

1. Marvel June 30, 2011 at 14:15 #

Im just thankful I bought the dress on sale before everyone rushes out to get it now she’s wearing it

Hopefully we’ll see some colour from her. I think yellow would suit her perfectly

2. MN June 30, 2011 at 14:28 #

Exquisite pieces individually, but kinda dull when put all together… agree with you, FC! Hope that Catherine has a bit more fashion fun on this tour!!

3. Catriona June 30, 2011 at 14:36 #

It looks like something that would suit Princess Anne better, rather that someone that’s only 29.

I think I’d like it if something was a different colour, rather than *everything* navy.

4. Laura June 30, 2011 at 14:41 #

We cannot wait for her to come to our state California. A breath of fresh air.

5. roxana June 30, 2011 at 14:44 #

lovely as always!

6. AW June 30, 2011 at 14:45 #

“I hope she takes the fun with fashion Michelle Obama approach over the next few days.

11 days of blazers and pencil dresses won’t be so exciting.”

I said basically the same thing about her in the post of her at the tennis match and I was blasted.

I think you’re absolutely right about her adding some excitement to her look while traveling. Color is a great thing!

7. Betty Brandenburg June 30, 2011 at 14:52 #

Boring – and the two blues don’t match! (interesting, too, that now that she’s married it’s mostly designer wear…. a little less of the common touch, no?)

8. Vidhya June 30, 2011 at 14:59 #

It is a sad truth but people have gotta accept and move on when rich/famous people have the means but no interest in fashion. There are a ton of not so royal people who r incredibly stylish. lets focus our energies on them. ( like the style spotlight section in this website) . I get a lot more kick out of these people than looking at julia roberts/jen aniston and now kate middleton

• Betty Brandenburg June 30, 2011 at 16:30 #

• Lisa July 1, 2011 at 01:35 #

• Emi June 30, 2011 at 18:30 #

I totally agree with you, but I’m not english so I don’t understand all the interest on her style, plus I read that she has at least 3-4 persons working on it. Well, the result is quite boring, but at least here she has an handbag, not a clutch. I’m kinda tired to see her only because she married Prince William…

• anamika June 30, 2011 at 19:59 #

@Vidhya
      She on an official visit. And her outfit is appropriate.
      wait and see when they are coktails and dinners. Then you can judge.
      About Julia Roberts don’t have to sell her self like “Rosie” ….Julia don’t have do films like Transformers
      She’s loved world wide!
      excuse me

9. dee June 30, 2011 at 15:15 #

I would like this more if she ditched the jacket.

10. Stylish1 June 30, 2011 at 15:20 #

The Duchess sure does love Navy…Issa, McQueen, Mouret…
    It’s a pity the back detail of the dress is hidden. Catherine does look chic but very conservative BUT she is just taking a plane. In my opinion she should have added coloured accessories to freshen the whole outfit.

• Fashion Critic June 30, 2011 at 15:26 #

the back is beautiful

• dee June 30, 2011 at 18:30 #

Agreed, that’s why she should have not worn a jacket so you could see the lovely details on the back of her dress. What a waste.

11. Stylish1 June 30, 2011 at 15:25 #

@Betty Brandenburg – If i was married to Prince Wiliam i wouldn’t go near Zara or anything made from Polyester or Viscose with a barge pole :-)

• Betty Brandenburg June 30, 2011 at 16:35 #

Me neither, but then I would drop the whole pretense of being modern royals and just like the normal people who finance this whole malarkey!

• Emi June 30, 2011 at 18:33 #

I agree with Betty, totally.

12. nicky June 30, 2011 at 15:31 #

I think she looks sophisticated and chic. I don’t really except something too fashion forward from Kate. This look is appropriate and well put together. She looks great!

13. Matt June 30, 2011 at 15:33 #

If this is what we have to look forward to, I’m signing off. and those “Church of I am that I am” shoes. Ugh. She does have beautiful hair though, that wind is working in her favor.

14. Jen T June 30, 2011 at 15:50 #

Fits beautifully; tailored perfectly. But, boring.

15. Moxie June 30, 2011 at 16:08 #

She needs a pop of color.

16. Talita June 30, 2011 at 16:13 #

I know she’s just catching a plane but that doesn’t mean she needs to dress that serious. The outfits she wears makes her look older.
    She could have be wearing the roland mouret in a another color and a light color blazer as well. It would hurt to add some accessories, like a nice necklace and bracelets to add more fun….

17. EmilyB - WhatDidSheWear June 30, 2011 at 16:36 #

She’s wearing a pair of Manolo Blahnik heels!

• Fashion Critic June 30, 2011 at 17:02 #

18. Luiza June 30, 2011 at 16:51 #

I thinks she is pretty and elegant! Not fashion forward or fun though.. That’s her and I much prefer her keeping things down when it comes to official events.. Dress accordingly at an official event is as important as looking pretty in a fashion one… Ms Obama sometimes forgets this, IMO..

19. Jen F June 30, 2011 at 16:55 #

Individually I love these pieces! and while I think Catherine looks chic, I agree that it would be refreshing to see her in some colour! Carla Bruni Sarkozy wears muted tones with splashes of colour so well.

20. Luci June 30, 2011 at 17:26 #

Its a bit dangerous to pair a plazer and a dress of the same color, because if they are not exactly the same it looks mismatched (Im not sure if this is the case)

21. robbie June 30, 2011 at 18:24 #

catherine is looking amazing. pert of me wants her to perhaps have more fun like michelle, but then catherine always looks more professional.

22. alicia June 30, 2011 at 19:03 #

this might be the most uninspiring outfit i’ve seen her wear which is saying a lot

23. Megan June 30, 2011 at 20:00 #

Bore

24. noo July 1, 2011 at 00:27 #

i am at a point where everything is wearing just blends into one outfit !!! that said, i cannot believe that she’s wearing a non-british designer :D