30.06.11 Press Preview

Chanel Resort 2012 Press Preview

Last week I attended the first Chanel Resort press day in London.

The collection was the first resort collection to be presented back in early May at the Hotel du Cap, in Antibes on the French Riviera.

I got a chance to see a few select pieces including bags, shoes, jewelry, jackets, the thong boots, beachwear, day dresses, evening wear and pear embellished gown which would be perfect for the red carpet or a Gala.

The accessories – as always – caught my eye. I was particularly taken with the mini black top handle bag along with the array of sequin clutches.

I keep marveling at the attention to detail. I loved all the embellishments such as pearls, sequins, floral appliqués and beaded details. They really add a lot to the selected pieces.

Pearl accented necklaces with the trademark logo draped on the mannequins along with fine jewelry including watches, rings, cuffs and bracelets.

The room perfectly captured the essence of the French Riviera with pebbles stones and sea blue deck chairs.

So far only Clemence Poesy and Kirsten Dunst have worn looks from this collection.

I would love to see that ivory backless dress on Cate Blanchett.

[nggallery id=872]

Rose Byrne In Valentino - "Damages" Season 4 New York Premiere

Rose Byrne In Valentino – “Damages” Season 4 New York Premiere

In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge's Closet - Roland Mouret Dress, Smythe Blazer and Mulberry Bag

In Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s Closet – Roland Mouret Dress, Smythe Blazer and Mulberry Bag

12 Responses to Chanel Resort 2012 Press Preview

1. Lucía June 30, 2011 at 13:10 #

It’s looking good

2. Moody Crab June 30, 2011 at 13:58 #

The handbags and most of the dresses are just blah. The jewelry line is more enticing.

The House of Chanel needs a new lease of life. Uncle Karl is becoming old, boring and repetitive. Nothing cutting edge or innovative. Though their loyal customers will still pay ££ encouring mediocrity (by couture/ high-end designer standards)

3. Moody Crab June 30, 2011 at 13:58 #

Encouraging, I mean

4. roxana June 30, 2011 at 14:45 #

the purple bracelet is ugly and it looks cheap

5. AW June 30, 2011 at 14:49 #

The beading on the dresses is beautiful and the jewelry as always is lovely

• Emi June 30, 2011 at 18:11 #

I agree, but Chanel is one of those brand, with Balmain, for example, which costs a fortune. Many years ago I saw a tank top, white, in cotton, which costed about 500 euros. Crazy. I also read that the quality of the jewelry is quite bad.

6. mikeijames June 30, 2011 at 14:53 #

while only the most bold may ever try those challenging thong contraptions, the rest of the collection on display here looks so, so, so spectacular. those bags have enough sparkle to light up any night — i’d love to see them with those dolce purple numbers — and that black dress on the hanger is the LBD to end all LBDs!

7. Maria Claudia June 30, 2011 at 15:14 #

Finally something I can marvel at.
    I absolutely adore this collection.

8. robbie June 30, 2011 at 18:27 #

i really wish karl would quit chanel he really is becoming boring and continues to do the same stuff every season. would be great for chanel to get some new talent.

the sequin bag is nice though.

9. Sharon June 30, 2011 at 19:17 #

I really enjoyed the beading and embroidery in this collection. If I could afford it, I’d buy some of the clothes just to get that. I love most of the jewelry too.

10. Kaz June 30, 2011 at 22:14 #

Stunning. I am in lust. The close-ups really give you an idea about the artistry involved in such detailed work.

11. anamika July 1, 2011 at 10:12 #

i wish I can be invisible to steal alllllllllllllllllll these chanel bags …everyone of them :-)