27.06.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the 2011 Wimbledon Championships with her husband the Prince William today.

The newlyweds took their seats in the Royal Box to cheer on Britain’s greatest hope Andy Murray. He is on Centre Court playing against Frenchman Richard Gasquet for a place in the quarter finals.

Catherine looked lovely as ever wearing a Temperley London Moraiah dress.

The classic pleated LWD has a nipped in waist with a structured bodice, scallop detailed straps and a tiered skirt.

Nude patent pumps and a beige clutch completed her look.

Hopefully we will get some full-length pictures later today.

Credit: Getty

Beyonce Knowles In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2011 Glastonbury Festival

Beyonce Knowles In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2011 Glastonbury Festival

Mary J Blige In Hervé Léger by Max Azria - 2011 BET Award Press Room

Mary J Blige In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – 2011 BET Award Press Room

37 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Temperley London – 2011 Wimbledon Championships

1. Lee Ann June 27, 2011 at 15:14 #

That dress has absolutely no hanger appeal. It works on her but why white? Yes I know she is at a Tennis match but as she isn’t actually playing …..

• pam June 27, 2011 at 21:01 #

Because it’s summer and she looks fantastic in it.

• mikeijames June 28, 2011 at 07:13 #

i think the duchess has done quite a clever thing wearing a white dress to a tennis match. she not only looks quite event appropriate — which we’ve seen even anna wintour struggle with when at these sorts of matches — but she maintains that regal persona she has cultivated quite well.

2. Molly June 27, 2011 at 15:32 #

Gorgeous as always. I only wish I could wear clothes like she does. I agree – the photo of this dress showed no such potential.

3. AW June 27, 2011 at 15:40 #

I think she’s a beautiful girl but idk I thought your 20’s was a time to have fun with fashion? I understand that she has a lot of pressure on her and I obviously don’t expect her to walk around dressed like Gaga but come on! She has the ear of almost every designer on the planet and she chooses things that are kinda safe and generic.

She looks fine but i’m just waiting to see her and really be floored!

Look @ Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned , she’s proof that its possible to royalty but classy and stylish!

• T from Sydney June 27, 2011 at 16:04 #

She has the rest of herlife to wow us

And I think she’s very classy and stylish

• Rahel June 27, 2011 at 18:52 #

I like her safe and cute dresses.

• pam June 27, 2011 at 21:07 #

I think this is a fun look. The straps are unusual and the tiered skirt is cute and flirty. I was watching on TV when she walked out and I thought it was a perfect look for royal box tennis viewing. Of course I am a yank, so maybe I haven’t got a clue, but I expect to be seeing this and its’ knock-offs on ladies all summer.

• K June 27, 2011 at 23:46 #

Her look has always been classy and stylish and understated. She’s not a showy girl, so it would be weird if she started wearing showy looks. Kate is also 29, not in her early 20s anymore.

I guess it may just be personal preference as I’m her age and I prefer a minimalistic look with a focus on solid basics. I think it looks classy. I also feel like I look ridiculous in fussy and overly trendy clothes.

4. DivaMom June 27, 2011 at 15:47 #

She has such a teeny, tiny waist! I hate her!!!! LOL

No actually I don’t hate any one, but you get the point, hopefully. Is there a full length shot? Would love to see the shoes she paired with this.

• noo June 27, 2011 at 20:53 #

have you seen her lk bennett nude pumps before? they are what she paired with this dress and i think that we’ll see them for years to come :S

source: the daily mail :D

5. DivaMom June 27, 2011 at 15:48 #

Oh wait, I didn’t see the part about the full length photos on the way. Whoops. LOL

6. D June 27, 2011 at 15:55 #

nothing exciting……

7. Rebecca Z June 27, 2011 at 16:44 #

I am just struck by how happy they look–and yes, it is a pretty summer dress. I don’t blame her for being careful–why waste all this good will she has right now on a daring fashion choice–plenty of time for that later–now j=she just gets to enjoy being young, beautiful and incredibly slim!

8. dee June 27, 2011 at 17:17 #

It is a cute dress. I like it .

9. Ella June 27, 2011 at 17:23 #

I also hope we get to see some full length shots….so far, I am IN LOVE with this dress, but I need to see more of it.

10. Sharade June 27, 2011 at 17:32 #

Lovely dress, event appropriate, she looks beautiful as usual…But the Prince of Wales is not her husband, he is her father-in-law ^_^

• Fashion Critic June 27, 2011 at 17:39 #

LOL..OOOpsY

thanks

11. Joy June 27, 2011 at 17:39 #

It is Wimbledon, which is a very traditional event, so of course she’s wearing white (all of the players do). I think she looks lovely. I just wish she’d step up her shoe game.

12. gabis June 27, 2011 at 17:44 #

Love, love, love!! People need to understand that Kate has a classic style and there is nothing wrong about that. I rather see her wearing things that she loves and that are true to her style than looking uncomfy on edgier looks.

• Vidhya June 27, 2011 at 18:29 #

Totally Agree!!! plus she kicked out those pregnancy rumours :D

13. k June 27, 2011 at 17:47 #

That dress really has some great design features, including an exposed zipper in the back. I think the white color shows off all the details better than the black – she is fabulous in this garment!

• noo June 27, 2011 at 20:54 #

the back of the dress is absolutely divine :D i’m in love with the whole look!

14. heather June 27, 2011 at 18:15 #

It’s been said before that Catherine seems to be favoring white-could it be due to having recently been a bride? I was just wondering if there is any old tradition or whatever that a bride could wear white a lot the first year. It certainly would keep us remembering how fab she looked on her wedding day!

15. Laura June 27, 2011 at 18:41 #

Yup…love it. Fresh and simple. Even at a sports game she oozes style. That is the way it is done. Good work, princess. We need more of this.

16. Emi June 27, 2011 at 19:54 #

Lovely dress, but i think she doesn’t have good taste for accessories, the clutch is so boring… And sorry but her smile kinda gets on my nerves.

17. Gloria Scott June 27, 2011 at 20:17 #

The earrings Catherine was wearing today look like they match her engagement ring. She wears these often but I’ve never seen them closely enough in photos to know for sure that they are, indeed, a middle sapphire surrounded by diamonds. Do you know?

• k June 27, 2011 at 21:13 #

I read they are earrings that once belonged to Diana….

18. carrie June 27, 2011 at 20:51 #

i am getting really sick of her style. she never changes. always the same makeup, hair, and clothing choices. major yawn….

19. robbie June 27, 2011 at 21:29 #

*prays she is not wearing black pumps*

she looks fantastic.

• Lily June 27, 2011 at 23:35 #

She’s wearing nude pumps. :)

• robbie June 27, 2011 at 23:50 #

just noticed that FC had put that there, really must stop coming on this site as soon as i wake up haha.

• Elaine June 28, 2011 at 01:05 #

her trusty LK Bennetts – quelle surprise!

20. Lily June 27, 2011 at 23:35 #

She looked gorgeous. Perfect outfit for Wimbledon. Classy in white.

• anamika June 28, 2011 at 02:06 #

21. Alina June 28, 2011 at 06:59 #

Lovely.

22. k June 28, 2011 at 21:52 #

It’s actually kind of refreshing for a change to see a celebrity not wearing weird costumes or the old standby, black garments. She looks great in white!