Thanks to Chopard, I can bring you these exclusive pictures from the 13th Annual White Tie & Tiara Ball which was hosted by Sir Elton John at Old Windsor, England yesterday.

Princess Beatrice looked loved up with her beau Dave Clark by her side at this event.

I adore her nude Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture gown.

It’s another look I’ve been waiting a long while to see on the red carpet.

The fully embroidered high-neck backless gown is accented with a grosgrain belt.

The Princess added a match nude clutch and dazzling jewels to her look.

As you know I have a soft spot for the Princess Beatrice.

I think she looks breath-taking in this gown, despite the fact that she maybe a tad too short for the gown, but we all can’t be 6ft supermodels.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Courtesy of Chopard

Brit Marling In Balenciaga - 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival "Another Earth" Premiere

Brit Marling In Balenciaga – 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival “Another Earth” Premiere

Elizabeth Hurley In Roberto Cavalli - 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

Elizabeth Hurley In Roberto Cavalli – 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

31 Responses to Princess Beatrice In Elie Saab Couture – 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

1. Charlotte June 24, 2011 at 13:39 #

not being anywhere near the height of 6ft, unfortunately, I’m usually not bothered when dresses are too long on people because i’ve been there! However, seeing Elie Saab Couture being dragged across the stones and maybe even being stood on is making me squirm!
    The beauty of this gown has been deflated from the runway, but she still does look nice!

2. inessa June 24, 2011 at 13:40 #

I’m speechless…

• Fashion Critic June 24, 2011 at 13:48 #

in a good or bad way?

• inessa June 24, 2011 at 14:03 #

In a good way. In a VERY good way.

3. Marlie June 24, 2011 at 13:42 #

One of my favourite dresses from the collection. The Wished she wore the belt and shortened it. The colour is amazing on her. Goes so well with her complexion and hair colour.

4. PAXON June 24, 2011 at 13:43 #

Her “royal wedding” hat would match in this look as well perfectly…. watchaallthink?!?

5. Francesca June 24, 2011 at 13:45 #

Stunning dress, but I do agree that she’s a tad too short for this gown. How tall is she?

6. Maz June 24, 2011 at 13:56 #

Personally, this is the best I’ve ever seen her look…

• jx June 24, 2011 at 14:47 #

i agree.

she and her sister still feel awkward. i hope they eventually emerge into confident women with interesting dress sense.

interesting, NOT wacky.

7. Pati June 24, 2011 at 14:01 #

Totally agree with you FC. She looks stunning. Short girls can work a gown no worse than models- just look at Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Eva Longoria and so many more. The only thing I would change is a clutch- I would choose something smaller. Other than that this look is fabulous!

• Anamika June 24, 2011 at 16:55 #

Excuse me but height is a gift.
      and short are un-noticable!
      This princess looks so common.

• pam June 24, 2011 at 23:12 #

Well, that was mean. Height may be a gift, but being short is certainly not a curse. No one was putting down tall girls, she was just saying that short girls can look good in clothes too. Hemming that dress would have improved the look, but overall I think Beatrice looks lovely. And that cute fellow with the nice smile is a very nice accessory.

• Anamika June 25, 2011 at 09:15 #

Pam …I can talk nuh?
          your princess wore the dress like my floor clothe :-)
          have nice day sweetie

8. Laura June 24, 2011 at 14:18 #

Stunning dress made less stunning by the length. I usually don’t like that neckline on someone as short as Beatrice but I think it’s fine here. The length at the bottom though is just a no. I do love the dress, but I’m not totally in love with it on her.

9. Julie June 24, 2011 at 14:26 #

The princess fills out the dress much better than the model, but the hem needs to be taken up.

• Ahot June 25, 2011 at 08:42 #

Yep! It would have made all the difference, even though i shudder to just think about cutting an Elie creation. It feels like a sacrilege. lol

10. noo June 24, 2011 at 14:28 #

she’s lovely in this :D i just wish she would go lighter on the eyeliner sometimes!!

11. Thomas Monks June 24, 2011 at 14:39 #

This dress needed alot of tailoring to look good on her and to me it just falls flat its to long and there is to much cowl at the neck and where is the ribbon belt because it was needed. I as you are FC a fan of PB but to me this looks like she is playing dress up in mummys clothes

12. dee June 24, 2011 at 14:49 #

She looks alright. I think she could have done better.

13. Matt June 24, 2011 at 14:57 #

She has to ease up on the eye makeup, her eyes are dough like enough.

14. CSW June 24, 2011 at 15:12 #

Other comments are spot on; I couldn’t figure out what it was about the dress bothered me until the length was pointed out. Besides that, the makeup she’s sporting is a pet peeve of mine. That panda-look needs to be taken out the back and shot.

15. Hisadora June 24, 2011 at 15:20 #

Absolutely fantastic! This dress is amazing (like every Elie design) she looks really beautiful.

16. Lily June 24, 2011 at 15:36 #

A gorgeous dress. Not loving it on the girl. I hope someone else wears it soon.

• Victoria June 24, 2011 at 15:57 #

Agreed

17. Verena June 24, 2011 at 15:42 #

I see what you see, guys, but I’m not convinced it’s actually too long. I think her pose is awkward. Also, the angle makes her look shorter than she is. Although she can’t be very tall. She once walked past me in London and she was way shorter than me.

18. Hannah June 24, 2011 at 17:00 #

I am SO dissapointed. This was probably my favourite gown from th ewhoel of that couture season, and she just obliterated it for me. The colour doesn’t work on her, the hem is way too long, the posture puts yet another nail in it’s coffin. The bag is all wrong, a miniaudere or something mroe chic and pretty, and the ring, again is just the wrong colour and everything. I much prefer the runway akeup and the hair, especialy due ot the beautiful back of this gown. Also, the waistband was desperately needed.
    I honestly just feellike this gown could have been so perfect, on lmost anyone, and it just isn’t on here. Imagine Zoe Saldana or Queen Cate in it?

19. holly June 24, 2011 at 18:11 #

Agree with everyone else. This gown is breathtaking and ethereal and delicate – but not on her. You look at the model and then at PB and the happy feeling goes THUD. So many things wrong. It’s a shame really.

20. BB June 24, 2011 at 23:17 #

I LOVE the Princes in this dress. I think she amazing. I love this color on her because it brings out her delicate skin tone and looks perfect against her red hair. The fit of the dress shows off her womanly curves and the design is so ethereal and “princess.” If the only people that wore runway looks were 6ft tall with stick bodies, there would be very few people who we would see in these runway dresses.

• pam June 25, 2011 at 01:29 #

Yes, I think the color of the dress looks great with the color of her hair. Gingers are so lucky. They get to match their hair to their clothes in a way no other color can.

21. Alina June 25, 2011 at 08:02 #

I love this dress but not on her.

22. Raquel June 25, 2011 at 20:44 #

She looks sutnning. I’ve seen other pics of the event and the lenght is not that bad. She rocks the dress.