Amber Heard took time out of her busy schedule filming her new movie, “Syrup” to attended Tasya Van Ree’s “Distorted Delicacies” art exhibit in New York City last night.

The blonde actress wore an Amanda Wakeley Fall 2011 dress.

You may fall off your chair when I say this, but I much prefer the black runway version of this cold-shoulder dress. It would’ve looked so hot on Amber.

It’s sleeker, it doesn’t look crushed plus the leather waistband defines the waist and makes the peplum stand out.

I may have forced myself to enjoy Amber’s look had she not added that clutch to this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fergie In Louis Vuitton - amfAR Inspiration Gala Paris

Fergie In Louis Vuitton – amfAR Inspiration Gala Paris

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Freida Pinto or Emily Browning

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Freida Pinto or Emily Browning

14 Responses to Amber Heard In Amanda Wakeley – Tasya Van Ree’s “Distorted Delicacies” Art Exhibit

1. inessa June 24, 2011 at 00:14 #

Agreed! A belt would be most welcome and another pair of shoes too. Got nothing against the clutch.

2. Bec June 24, 2011 at 00:21 #

black would have been stunning. White does nothing for her colouring. Close but no cigar!

3. Marlie June 24, 2011 at 00:35 #

I agree love the black runway version better.

4. Barbs June 24, 2011 at 01:38 #

With a gold belt and clutch would be an amazing look! But that clucth is hidious! Blarrrggg

5. Sharon June 24, 2011 at 02:33 #

I don’t know which I dislike more – the white version of the dress, or the awkward pose to show off the slit. The black dress is stunning. I love everything about the runway styling including the shoes and jewelry.

6. Tahj June 24, 2011 at 04:32 #

I think she looks beautfiul in the white gown. Blondes look great and pure in white. Looks Charlize Theron level of classy for once.

7. Alina June 24, 2011 at 06:01 #

She has done this before – changing the colour of a black dress and practicaly ruining it – http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/03/08/amber-heard-in-michael-kors-michael-kors-30th-anniversary-celebratory-dinner/

8. tu June 24, 2011 at 07:35 #

I think she looks great! And i don’t understand why you have a problem with the clutch. I love the bright green color agains the white dress and her red lips. It makes the look more interesting and fresh, and gives it a pop of color. I really like the dress too.

• Naomi June 24, 2011 at 10:01 #

Agreed, the clutch is pretty much the only thing I like about this look…. :)

9. ayishaa June 24, 2011 at 09:03 #

I totally agree. The runway version looks hotter. A belt would have been a great addition and her neckline looks a bit higher compared to that of the model.

10. Emi June 24, 2011 at 10:42 #

The runway version is beautiful, but that color doesn’t do anything to her, maybe a brunette could pull off that color (maybe). I also don’t like the fit on the chest, basically the shoes are the only thing I like of this look.

11. Ceecile June 24, 2011 at 11:43 #

I don’t like how the dress doesn’t seem to fit her, especially around the chest. The awkward pose isn’t working for me either. Or the clutch for that matter.
    On a side note, I was thinking it was random for her to attend this, then remembered Tasya Van Ree is Amber’s girlfriend.

12. Pati June 24, 2011 at 12:01 #

The dress is size too large on her.. I much prefer how it fits the model, especially in the neck/decolette area and the waist… She should´ve worn the belt too and opted for some more interesting shoes. And I agree that the black version is so much better, this just washes her out.

13. dee June 24, 2011 at 14:52 #

She needs a belt and sandals.