24.06.11

Alexa Chung was invited to the 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation, but still didn’t make the effort to do something different with her hair.

Despite the grand nature of the occasion, the TV presenter looked the same as she always does.

She wore a simple cold-shoulder vintage polka dot dress with red ballerina flats.

Her Chopard jewels included a Toi & Moi ring in white gold set with diamonds and 2 pear shaped yellow diamonds of 6.51cts and 7.12cts, a fancy-cut diamond bracelet and a Happy Diamond teddy bear pendant.

Credit: Courtesy of Chopard

Anne Hathaway In Prada - 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

Anne Hathaway In Prada – 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

Sarah Ferguson In Escada and Princess Eugenie In Vivienne Westwood - 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

Sarah Ferguson In Escada and Princess Eugenie In Vivienne Westwood – 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

24 Comments

24 Responses to Alexa Chung in Vintage – 13th Annual White Tie and Tiara Ball to Benefit Elton John AIDS Foundation

1. AW June 24, 2011 at 14:38 #

This has to be the most overrated “celebrity” in the world. I don’t understand her style, there’s nothing classic or beautiful or sexy about it.

If I saw someone in public in that dress I would think them to be doubty and old school.

2. dee June 24, 2011 at 14:40 #

Her style is sad. This is white tie and she looks like she is going to a picnic. Hair is a mess as usual. She needs to spruce it up.

3. Barbs June 24, 2011 at 14:44 #

I don’t get it!?!? Compared to the others she looks like going to a picnic or something! Isn’t this a BALL??? The hair, the make-up, the dress, the shoes…the teddy bear!Oh my!

• Emi June 24, 2011 at 21:44 #

I agree, but we’re used to it. I’m starting to think that she does it on purpose.White Tie and Tiara? There wasn’t a door selection, I suppose. I also think she’s quite ugly in this photos, her head seems so big compared to her body.

4. jx June 24, 2011 at 14:49 #

this is terribly disappointing.

5. Matt June 24, 2011 at 14:56 #

She looks like a party crasher.

6. Juliana June 24, 2011 at 14:59 #

I don’t think I’ll ever get why she’s a style icon. Here in Brazil there are a lot of bloggers who pratically worship her style, but I just think it’s so messed up (at least most of the times).

There’s a difference between being “casual” or “natural looking” and looking like a mess or like someone who just doesn’t care. For me, this look is a perfect exemple of the last.

• Fashion Critic June 24, 2011 at 15:02 #

I stand by you.

I have NEVER got her appeal.

I tried to jump on the bandwagon, but nothing was holding me there.

• Emi June 24, 2011 at 21:48 #

I think that most of the fashion icons of today are overrated, sometimes people don’t worship other people if they seem so “unreachable” for them.

• artemis June 26, 2011 at 22:26 #

Totally agree with you..I think that most of the times that is the true reason

7. ayishaa June 24, 2011 at 15:52 #

As usual Alexa leaves me speechless and not in a good way.This is such a messed up look, from hair to makeup to the fitting of the dress. Why buy such expensive clothes/jewelry if you cant wear it well.

8. fashionslop June 24, 2011 at 16:02 #

this has got to be the first time I’m seeing her in months, and really! She looks the same as she did before! I’m bored already. she’s ‘nonchalant chic’ but tons of other girls are like her, she’s just more popular than the rest. word.

9. kbs June 24, 2011 at 16:56 #

I agree with all of you. The thing that troubles me the most about her, though, is that she totally thinks she’s ‘it’ (as my 10 year old would say). I

10. Anna June 24, 2011 at 17:11 #

Can she do something about her hair for once?

• Sarah NZ June 30, 2011 at 05:04 #

Agreed! She has curtain hair. She must have the same hair stylist as Nicole Kidman’s husband whatever his name is.. Keith?

11. Gaber June 24, 2011 at 17:21 #

I actually quite enjoy it.
    She looks stunning in the headshot (I actually buy her joy) and the off-the shoulder material adds the needed touch of glam to the dress, with the red shoes bringing the whole look together.
    Plus it looks fantastic in the green setting.

12. LO June 24, 2011 at 17:44 #

Cute, but not up to snuff for such an event. I do love the dose of haterade that is so clearly evident whenever you post her. Seriously love…

13. holly June 24, 2011 at 18:32 #

Like many others, I don’t understand her appeal. It’s safe to say I have never gotten excited over a single one of her public appearances, as she just never seems to care and therefore, I don’t either. The one nice thing I can say about this is her smile in the close up – I don’t recal ever seeing her look pleased to be somewhere. Maybe she was under the impression that this really was just a fancy picnic and got giddy when she realized she was still allowed in whilst wearing something that looks like it smells of mothballs.

14. mol June 24, 2011 at 18:41 #

Well, I gotta go against the grain and say I love this……

15. justme June 24, 2011 at 19:21 #

I can understand sticking to one formula when you actually look good in it but Alexa doesn’t.
    She’s trying to give me natural and carefree but all I get is rough and borderline offensive.

And does she cut her hair herself?

16. karina June 24, 2011 at 19:30 #

I am the same as mol. Even if Alexa’s style is a bit too casual, I think she looks cute… Plus, I like the dress, lol.

17. olga June 25, 2011 at 14:33 #

i usually like her style but this is boring, boring, underwhelming, boring. especially given the event

18. Raquel June 25, 2011 at 20:38 #

Alexa is totally overrated and has always been. WHITE TIE AND TIARA. What part of that she didn’t understand or does he think she is toooo cool to follow de dress code?

19. Fash June 26, 2011 at 01:20 #

Never understood why this woman is a fashion icon.