Florence Welch In Anna Sui – 2011 Nylon Music Issue Launch Party

Florence Welch attended the 2011 Nylon Music Issue Launch Party in New York City last night.

The British singer opted to wear a folkloric Anna Sui Fall 2011 dress.

Her floral printed dress with a Peter Pan collar is totally adorable and beautiful styled on the runway, but it kinda loses its appeal on Florence – which is a first.

The hat, the Chanel Mademoiselle bag and the black patent ankle strap pumps totally ruin this look for me.

Florence’s styling is usually on point.

I’m surprised at how tragic it is on this occasion.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Celebrities Love...Aperlai Shoes

Celebrities Love…Aperlai Shoes

Olivia Palermo In Victoria Beckham - "The Ledge" New York Screening

Olivia Palermo In Victoria Beckham – “The Ledge” New York Screening

14 Responses to Florence Welch In Anna Sui – 2011 Nylon Music Issue Launch Party

1. june June 22, 2011 at 16:08 #

i would have greatly preferred a smaller bag and perhaps tan coloured accessories (or at least, anything other than black), but i actually think a lot of this is still really cute on florence.

2. Fiona June 22, 2011 at 16:09 #

I agree completely, normally Florence has a great look but somehow the shoes, bag, hair etc take away the fashion of the dress and she looks quite bizarre. Sometimes she looks samey samey but if it ain’t broke …

3. dee June 22, 2011 at 16:10 #

I agree with you FC. The bag, shoes and hat need to go.

• maria June 22, 2011 at 18:29 #

i totally agree.

4. justme June 22, 2011 at 18:29 #

I don’t mind the shoes but the hat and especially the bag need to go.

5. Jess June 22, 2011 at 19:54 #

Did you see Florence on The Colbert Report yesterday? (If not, and there are no pictures on your usual sites, there are probably videos on the show’s website?) She wore two different looks–a long red dress for her interview and then a partly sheer polka dot dress for her performance–and I am so curious to see who designed them and what you thought of them.

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2011 at 20:20 #

I didn’t see it unfortunately. I will look out for it though

6. Rashmi June 22, 2011 at 21:21 #

I love the hat with the dree,,, the bag needs to go..

7. KateS June 23, 2011 at 03:01 #

I agree that the bag is a bit sedate, but I don’t hate the other accessories – I can see why she decided to skip the runway knee-high socks!

8. Christine June 23, 2011 at 07:29 #

My problem is with the dress, it doesn’t suit her. She doesn’t do young and fun very well. Bring back the drama queen!

9. Emi June 23, 2011 at 08:52 #

Wrong accessories. Mademoiselle bag is so cute… but with this dress it’s nonsense. I don’t like the hat and the shoes (round shoes… I usually don’t like them, they remind me children shoes). I think she always makes great choices for the stage but I don’t like the way she dresses off-stage. She’s very famous now, and as usual, when somebody becomes famous really quickly and has a bit of style… here’s the new it-girl, fashion icon and blablabla…

10. mochababe73 June 23, 2011 at 15:58 #

Florence looks almost like the Olsen twins dressed her. Not good.
    For me, I think that it’s the hat.

11. pipsqueak June 24, 2011 at 02:02 #

I actually like the look. Finally a refreshing change – no more gauzy, flowy gowns that sometime make Florence look like a ghost. Not sure she’s necessarily an Anna Sui girl, but she looks cute here. And hello … she’s got nice legs!

12. Alina June 24, 2011 at 06:31 #