22.06.11 Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Dolce & Gabbana – “True Blood” Season 4 Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood attended the “True Blood” Season 4 Premiere last night, which was held at the ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California.

I LOVE this look.

Evan is one of the few young starlets in Hollywood who steps out of the ‘mold’ and consistently keeps things interesting on the red carpet.

Her Dolce & Gabbana grey pants and vest look was teamed with a fresh new ‘boy band’ haircut and red suspender braces.

I love how this look strikes the perfect balance between masculinity with alluring femininity. As Steven Tyler would say, “dude looks like a lady.”

The key to this look is part confidence, part fearless attitude, plus the aid of a good (hair, make-up & clothing) stylist.

I was quite obsessed with this whole look head-to-toe, but the leopard print back doesn’t quite work for me.

This is surprising considering my obsession with animal print.

Jimmy Choo Balance patent-leather mesh pumps plus Dana Rebecca Designs and C. Greene jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

In Evan Rachel Wood's Closet - Jimmy Choo Balance Patent-Leather Mesh Pumps

In Evan Rachel Wood’s Closet – Jimmy Choo Balance Patent-Leather Mesh Pumps

Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney - "The Ledge" New York Screening

Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney – “The Ledge” New York Screening

44 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Dolce & Gabbana – “True Blood” Season 4 Premiere

1. Linda June 22, 2011 at 13:41 #

I agree, she looks fantastic. I LOVE the haircut on her. Kind of looks like a young Tilda Swinton.

2. Anna June 22, 2011 at 13:44 #

Would be better without the braces. MUCH better.
    Still this is such a step UP from her Dita-impersonator era.)

• Martin June 22, 2011 at 14:16 #

I totally agree. They’re unnecessary and distracting and a little too tryhard for me. Otherwise, she looks great.

3. Mel June 22, 2011 at 13:54 #

What I love about Evan is her confidence because it makes her pull of thinks like this.

Emma Watson has a serious competition with her hair style, forget it, there’s no competition: Evan wins. This hair style suits her better

Nowadays I love this look, is something I’ll love to wear. Usually I don’t wish a red carpet style for me because I found them a “cliché”, but this is fresh, unique and easy to wear many times. I love it

4. Naomi June 22, 2011 at 13:58 #

Wow. A very memorable look. I love it, though I agree about the unnecessary print on the back.

5. gabis June 22, 2011 at 14:09 #

She looks terrific. But I’m clearly not as much as in love with it as you are =D. Curiously enough I, who am NOT an animal print lover, loved the leopard print in her back hahaha.. I just feel like it totally worked with the outfit. But the best part to me is def. the perfect hair and makeup. She reminds me of Ellen Degeneres.

6. mm June 22, 2011 at 14:19 #

LOVE The hairstyle. Now I am really getting hype for True Blood Season 4 Premiere on Sunday

7. Matt June 22, 2011 at 14:22 #

OMG, She got rid of that china town knock off DIta Von Teese look. Good for her she looks beautiful. But those suspenders are unnecessary and they ruin what would have been a perfect look.

8. Luis June 22, 2011 at 14:24 #

Flawless make up, but the look it’s too masculine.

9. mikeijames June 22, 2011 at 14:30 #

this is how dolce and gabbana should be worn!!!!!!!! she looks SPECTACULAR here….and it’s so jarring to see her embrace androgyny on the carpet since her role on the show is costumed in such a girly and frilly way.

10. mol June 22, 2011 at 14:31 #

I always love seeing Evan Rachel Wood on the RC – and this has to be a favorite appearance, I love every bit of it, especially the hair!

• KateS June 23, 2011 at 03:04 #

x 2

11. Christine June 22, 2011 at 14:46 #

I love everything about this look minus the red braces. My thumbs are up for the leopard print back and the (lack of) hight of her shoes. The haircut is sensational and the make-up flawless.

• dee June 22, 2011 at 15:51 #

I agree. The red suspenders need to go away but everthing is fabulous.

12. Laura June 22, 2011 at 14:47 #

Agree with you that the back’s too much. But from the front it’s flawless. She’s really working it.

13. Zee June 22, 2011 at 14:56 #

She looks phenomenal – so much better than the usual Dita Von Teese knockoff stuff. And so young! I think I forgot how young she is.

14. frommdq June 22, 2011 at 15:09 #

I love everything about this look, specially the animal print back!

• Anamika June 22, 2011 at 17:43 #

15. MaggieMay June 22, 2011 at 15:24 #

I totally disagree on this one, this she looks terrible and way off the mark. The trousers are sweet but I hate the waistcoat and bareness underneath. As much as she has the confidence to pull it off – I think the whole look falls short.

Not a fan of the hair either, as well done as it may be.

• Lou June 23, 2011 at 16:50 #

Exactly what I would have written as well.

16. roxana June 22, 2011 at 15:28 #

amazing hair

17. Jen T June 22, 2011 at 15:39 #

I’m in love. By far my favorite look all week. I love the fauxhawk hair, her makeup is perfect, and I actually like the animal print from the back. While the outfit is masculine, her makeup and face are so delicate and pretty that it keeps her from looking masculine. And her attitude is killer.

18. maria June 22, 2011 at 16:04 #

i also love everything about this look including the suspenders and the back. BDOTW contender for sure.

• Sharon June 23, 2011 at 03:02 #

I totally agree. BDOTW for me too.

19. lily June 22, 2011 at 16:40 #

I love everything about it except the leopard back.. but I love the red suspender though.. A nice pop of color.. BDOTW contender for sure.. She looks so amazing and so confident here..

20. msd June 22, 2011 at 16:41 #

She’s dating a banker now?

21. Rach June 22, 2011 at 17:51 #

For me, this is just proves how contrived her style is. I wonder if this will last as long as the Dita knock-off stuff. It’s hard to put into words, but I find her disingenuous on the red carpet.

• G June 23, 2011 at 00:52 #

Agree.

She always looks smug to me, and I know it’s not the point of this site, but I find it hard to separate the clothes from the wearer.

22. Taylor June 22, 2011 at 18:03 #

She looks great…loving the print in the back but not the suspenders. Hair and makeup looks so fresh.

23. justme June 22, 2011 at 18:33 #

I adore her new haircut and her make-up is flawless.
    But I think the outfit is pretty terrible. And so is her pose.

24. Emi June 22, 2011 at 20:56 #

Maybe the red suspenders were unnecessary, but I love this look, especially her haircut, if I was bolder (or maybe more confident) I would cut it like this. I like her attitude, anyway, and her skin is flawless. I love True Blood, and I’m gonna look for some photos of S. Moyer and A. Skarsgard…

25. Jones19 June 22, 2011 at 21:22 #

Awesome look, love the leopard print on the back.

26. rawda June 22, 2011 at 22:27 #

when i read ‘leopard print back’, i was like ‘huh???’ but actually i loved it! everything about this look is fantastic. she’s ROCKING it! absolutely worthy of a spot in the bdotw poll.

27. Gemma June 22, 2011 at 23:56 #

Wow! This must be opposite day because, in contrast to your usual affection for animal prints, I don’t typically like them at all, but I have to say that I love this detail here. Her attitude totally carries it! LOVE the hair! She looks awesome!!

28. Sarah NZ June 23, 2011 at 03:11 #

LOVE IT! The confidence that she exudes just wins it for me. Her hair is awesome and so different. I don’t mind the animal print back but check out her profile in that pic – simply stunning!

29. Louise June 23, 2011 at 05:04 #

I don’t really like her.. but i’m loving her hair style

30. Marvel June 23, 2011 at 19:38 #

FC, I was watching E news and she confirmed in an interview with them that she this outfit is actually Gucci. (link below). She even asks her Publicist (I assume) who confirms it
    Its not surprising considering her relationship with Gucci

31. milex June 23, 2011 at 20:39 #

she said she is in all gucci – look
    who was mistaked? ;)

32. pipsqueak June 24, 2011 at 02:09 #

EXCITING! BDOTW worthy. You see, girls who step out of the mold and keep things interesting on the red carpet never tan themselve orange so they could look like some clay Barbies. Oh, absolutely love the red suspender braces.

33. Alina June 24, 2011 at 06:36 #

She looks great but I don’t love it.

34. sweetjess98 June 24, 2011 at 18:35 #

i HATE this look. it doesn’t make her look feminine.
    i also hate the way she cut her hair.