21.06.11

Zooey Deschanel In Andrew Gn – 2011 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

Zooey Deschanel also attended the 2011 Critics’ Choice Television Awards which was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California yesterday.

The actress wore an Andrew Gn white short sleeve shift dress with black trims.

Since I started this blog in 2007 Zooey has always worn tights on the red carpet.

She is the only star I will give a pass to on tights, even during summer.

It’s her trademark and I’ve learnt to deal with it, plus she does look really cute here.

She recently said in a blog post, “I am a year round tights girl. I will wear tights even if it’s 100 degrees outside. Tights are my safety blanket.”

A Marni signature frame cotton crochet bag with yellow beads completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Samantha Cameron In Jonathan Saunders - Prince Philip's Birthday Lunch @ 10 Downing Street

Samantha Cameron In Jonathan Saunders – Prince Philip’s Birthday Lunch @ 10 Downing Street

Lady GaGa In Valentino - Narita International Airport

Lady GaGa In Valentino – Narita International Airport

19 Responses to Zooey Deschanel In Andrew Gn – 2011 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

1. Linda June 21, 2011 at 23:01 #

She does look really cute. As for the tights, maybe she doesn’t like showing her legs for some reason?

2. Hisadora June 21, 2011 at 23:05 #

She has such a cute style… I learned from you to deal with her tights hehe

3. holly June 21, 2011 at 23:06 #

I understand as well that tights are Zooey’s trademark, but couldn’t she at least change the color or style once in awhile? Maybe fun colors for spring and summer, anything to add a bit of intrigue to a rather staid trademark style. I do appreciate the pop of color from her handbag, though.

Also, is it just me, or is her hair rather unkempt here?

4. gabis June 22, 2011 at 00:47 #

Ohhh, I LOVEEE Zooey Deschanel. She is so incredibly pretty and cute and I totally love her style. She should’ve gone easier on the makeup though. Her eyes looks so red.
    As for the tights, well, I agree with you it’s her trademark, but I don’t see the problem wearing these during summer. Here in my city – in the northeast of Brazil – people wear it for work or events and we have hot sunny weather the whole year. So, I guess because I’m used to things like that I don’t think it’s absurd lol xD

5. Cat June 22, 2011 at 00:58 #

Zooey just did a post about how she’s a year-round tights girl today on her new site, Hello Giggles. http://hellogiggles.com/stuff-i-would-invent-if-i-had-time

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2011 at 01:10 #

OMG that is so cute. Love it

• Emi June 22, 2011 at 14:48 #

Me, too, I’m gonna check their Fb page.

6. roxana June 22, 2011 at 06:35 #

ugly tights in the summer! but if she feels good in them, she can wear them!

• Anamika June 22, 2011 at 12:52 #

+1 to hide her celluite

7. CreoleLady June 22, 2011 at 09:24 #

No pass from me. Black tights with such a pretty dress in summer in LA? No, no, a thousand times no.

8. Jones19 June 22, 2011 at 11:00 #

She looks adorable, I can understand how tights can feel like a security blanket for her. Her hair looks especially good here.

9. Lucía June 22, 2011 at 11:16 #

Sometimes i do like tights, but this is not one of those times.

10. april June 22, 2011 at 12:01 #

She’s adorable ! Her look is flawless and tights are always perfect on her!!!

11. Jen June 22, 2011 at 12:43 #

I dislike tights generally, but the hem of this dress kind of has a 60s vibe to me, so I think the tights almost go here. Regardless, Zooey’s an individual and she always owns what she wears, so I’m good with them on her.

12. Emi June 22, 2011 at 14:46 #

She’s very cute, I’m not a big fan of her style, but I understand her about tights… maybe she likes to wears dresses and skirts but she feels naked. I always wear pants and I like to wear skirts with leggings, sometimes, it makes me feel comfortable… I wouldn’t do it if I was famous anyway… but I don’t think she does it to hide cellulite.

13. dee June 22, 2011 at 16:05 #

Aren’t her legs hot in the summertime? I don’t get he tights thing but hey it’s her style. I do like the dress and hair.

14. Sonia June 22, 2011 at 17:44 #

I actually don’t mind tights even in the summer. I had laser hair removal and have some scars from the burns and to be honest, the black tights look a lot better and more elegant than my burn scarred bare legs. I think they pull an outfit together and look very good but thats just my opinion.

15. Cristina June 23, 2011 at 23:18 #

She looks cute, but the dress is a bit small-it would be even cuter if it fit correctly

16. Alina June 24, 2011 at 06:50 #