Naomi Watts In Marc Jacobs – 2011 Shakespeare In The Park Gala

Naomi Watts was joined on the red carpet by her partner Liev Schreiber, as they attended the 2011 Shakespeare In The Park Gala at the Delacorte Theater in New York City yesterday.

The actress opted to wear a Marc Jacobs striped silk dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

Her laid-back red carpet look was perfect for the occasion, although I’m missing something to give the look a slight lift.

Darker lip-shade or a clutch maybe?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lady GaGa In Valentino - Narita International Airport

Lady GaGa In Valentino – Narita International Airport

In Liv Tyler's Closet - DKNY Lips Print Dress & Christian Louboutin 'Devalavi' Suede Peep-Toes

In Liv Tyler’s Closet – DKNY Lips Print Dress & Christian Louboutin ‘Devalavi’ Suede Peep-Toes

19 Responses to Naomi Watts In Marc Jacobs – 2011 Shakespeare In The Park Gala

1. Juliana June 21, 2011 at 23:38 #

I wish she had done something with her hair. It’s a huge let down…

2. Rebecca Z June 22, 2011 at 00:38 #

Boring shoes! Love the dress

3. gabis June 22, 2011 at 01:10 #

The whole look is a let down for me. This dress does not work for Naomi. Whilst it made the model look even leaner, it made Naomi look shorter. And the length is not helping her either. And her shoes, o-m-gee, what is she wearing? I’m surprised you let her get away with those shoes!

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2011 at 01:15 #

She only got a pass on the shoes only because it doesn’t appear to be a dressy uppy type of event.

• Luiza June 22, 2011 at 01:25 #

I completely agree! She looks so short here and these are very awful looking shoes…

• Jen June 22, 2011 at 04:27 #

Agree. This dress is all kinds of bad for her and the shoes are hideous.

• KateS June 22, 2011 at 07:33 #

I agree. I think the missing element here is height.

4. Zoe June 22, 2011 at 01:30 #

It’s the hair, I think. It’s flat and blah. Some eye catching jewelry would have added something too, I’m thinking a cuff bracelet?

5. Carolina June 22, 2011 at 02:06 #

A strappy heel might have saved the look, but the dress needs to be shorter and it needs to be taken in a bit below the hipline, to help give her more shape. Horizontal lines are friends to very few women, the model being a quite notable exception. All the drama and grace of this piece is lost on Naomi, unfortunately – though seeing it on the model, I can certainly understand why she’d want to wear it.

• shap_half June 22, 2011 at 11:14 #

A different shoe might improve the look, but it’s not going to save it. I think the biggest issue is the awkward length. For some reason it looks longer on the model than it does on Naomi. And also the interesting draping falls flat on the actress.

It’s terrible to be so critical, but I expected more from her.

6. Jones19 June 22, 2011 at 10:48 #

She completely drains the life from this dress. Blah.

7. shap_half June 22, 2011 at 11:01 #

Disaster. The dress looks great on the model, but it’s all wrong on Naomi. It looks so unflattering on her. If I’d never seen this dress on the model and just on Naomi, I would think Marc Jacobs had lost his mind. It is that unappealing on her.
    As noted, there is an elegance and drama that the model and the runway styling bring to the dress. All of this is lost on Naomi. She looks like she’s about to have a lazy day at the beach.

• Emi June 22, 2011 at 14:37 #

I totally agree with you, I liked this dress at once, when I saw it, it was styled in a perfect way, but on her it’s terrible, and seems so cheap. The fit has been modifed, i think, because the skirt is so loose on her. And those grandmother shoes? Terrible…

8. Julie June 22, 2011 at 12:16 #

This dress looks like a hot mess.

• Umi June 22, 2011 at 12:54 #

This dress looks like meat wrapped around the body

• Anamika June 22, 2011 at 17:45 #

9. harris June 22, 2011 at 14:21 #

frumpy

10. dee June 22, 2011 at 15:57 #

Not liking the dress on her so much. Her hair needs more body and a richer red lip color would have been nice.

11. Alina June 24, 2011 at 06:47 #

The dress is wrong for her.