Nina Dobrev In Georges Chakra Couture – 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards

Most Predictable Award
Every time I see Nina Dobrev on the red carpet my reaction is, “Next” as I find her style and red carpet choices so dated and boring.

I featured her on this occasion to highlight the point and to prevent the inevitable question, “Why didn’t you feature Nina Dobrev?”

At the 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards she wore Georges Chakra Fall 2010 Couture dress.

Unfortunately the Vampire Diaries’ actress doesn’t make the dress work for me.

By shortening the dress, it just becomes a long line in predictable mini dresses she’s already worn on the red carpet.

The iridescent emerald green strapless dress with an asymmetric bow was paired with Aldo shoes.

A Couture dress with Aldo shoes?

Need I say more?

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

America Ferrera In Azzedine Alaïa - ‘Cesar Chavez’ Washington Premiere

America Ferrera In Azzedine Alaïa – ‘Cesar Chavez’ Washington Premiere

Nikki Reed In Ronald Abdala - 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards

Nikki Reed In Ronald Abdala – 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards

22 Responses to Nina Dobrev In Georges Chakra Couture – 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards

1. Mahima June 20, 2011 at 14:35 #

I kinda like the fact that she mixed couture with Aldo, but not those Aldo shoes.

2. aiyu June 20, 2011 at 14:55 #

oh, don’t blame the shoes ! LOL!

3. From Russia With Love June 20, 2011 at 15:24 #

She is such a beautiful girl. Like really. But I haven’t seen her looking good on red carpet ever. Always tacky and awkward. That’s a shame.

4. dee June 20, 2011 at 15:26 #

Take a cue from the model. She could have worn shoes like them.

• Christine June 20, 2011 at 15:54 #

Absolutely true! It is better to be a copycat than to make the worst shoe-choice ever. Having said that, I quite like the dress.

• Anamika June 20, 2011 at 18:31 #

5. Jonquil June 20, 2011 at 15:35 #

I agree with you 100%
    Her choices are wrong for her figures (that Chakra bow dress she wore to the MTV Movie Awards – ugh!)
    And her hair – awful. Messy on the red carpet, inside it’s down and blah, boring. Plus it ages her.
    Who’s styling her?

6. adryb89 June 20, 2011 at 16:02 #

she’s a great actress, but she should definitely fire her stylist…

7. Lucía June 20, 2011 at 16:08 #

I don’t like the shoes. But the dress is pretty cool.

8. Vee June 20, 2011 at 16:11 #

her stylist needs to go back to school for that shoe choice.

9. robbie June 20, 2011 at 16:16 #

with her shortening the dress is makes it look like a dress from the 80s, all that is missing is the massive perm.

10. Julie June 20, 2011 at 16:41 #

Tired of seeing her in a strapless mini dress with sweetheart neckline. The big bow does look 80s-ish. I don’t mind the shoes, but they don’t go with this look. At least she has her hair up which is a little different for her. She hasn’t wowed me since the black and white dress from the Young Hollywood Awards in 2010.

11. LG June 20, 2011 at 17:26 #

She is so incredibly boring on the red carpet, it hurts my head. She should’ve kept the length and worn darker shoes and done her hair differently.

12. Lily June 20, 2011 at 17:35 #

Such a pretty girl who nearly always gets it wrong. What was this 80s disaster?

13. justme June 20, 2011 at 18:07 #

She really can’t dress to save her life. She needs to either hire or fire a stylist.

14. Emi June 20, 2011 at 20:25 #

She’s a tv star who doesn’t know how to dress for a red carpet; she looks quite tacky, here, the hair is awful and the modification of the dress makes it look cheap.

15. molly June 20, 2011 at 20:26 #

This is really bad….what the hell is going on with her hair? Is it a pony or an up do? And why does she have all those baby fuzz hairs. Its easy to keep them held back with hairspray. The dress is awful. Its not a “cute 80s dress”, its an ugly 80′s dress that she doesnt think is 80′s. And once again, she shoes are too big. I think that Nina needs to find a new favorite designer and hem line. Chakra and her do not mix well.

16. Marybeth June 20, 2011 at 20:40 #

I like the dress a lot, but shortening it ruins the line. It makes the bow looks like something randomly attached rather than an integral part of the linear “flow” of the skirt.

As someone above said so well, it’s better to be a copycat and get it right than to botch the look with poor original choices. (Not that the mini-and-pumps choice is especially “original” anyway!….yawn)

17. Clover June 21, 2011 at 01:08 #

Cripes, if this is considered having a bad day, I’m super glad you never get to see my outfits FC! I think she looks pretty and cute.

18. Steffie June 21, 2011 at 07:42 #

erm who is she?

19. abd al rahman fetyany June 21, 2011 at 14:16 #

lebanese desinghner

20. Tiffany June 22, 2011 at 04:10 #

She’s trying too hard and her attitude screams teeny bopper to me. I almost want to say: “Her mother let her out of the house like that?” She needs a stylist with a delicate hand to transition her from frumpy teen to stylish young bombshell— it’s sad, but it goes to show you that a pretty face on a skinny body doesn’t cut it.