Cameron Diaz In Akris – “Bad Teacher” European Promo Tour

Cameron Diaz continued to promote her new, “Bad Teacher” in Europe this weekend.

In London Cameron opted to dress casually for the photocall wearing white J Brand ‘Major’ skinny jeans with a black top, an Ann Taylor gold bracelet and black Casadei pumps.

During the rest of the promo tour she wore Akris exclusively.

For the Berlin photocall Cameron wore an Akris Spring 2011 pale sage silk shirt dress, which she teamed with Sergio Rossi tan sandals and a 3.1 Phillip Lim belt.

At the “Bad Teacher” Germany Premiere, Cameron wore an Akris Pre-Fall 2011 black double-face tuxedo halter jumpsuit with silk-satin lapels.  Her jumper was paired with black satin Casedai pumps.

Her 3rd Akris look of the weekend was worn on the German television program, “Wetten Dass.”

She wore an Akris cotton denim bateau-neck short romper from the Spring 2011 collection with nude pumps.

These looks aren’t anything to get excited about. It’s clear that the objective was for a low key approach to this promo tour.

My favourite is the pale sage skirt dress.

I would’ve liked the tuxedo jumpsuit had Cameron opted for a belt as it appeared on the model to give her look a more definition around the waist.

At the end of the year this will receive the “Most Underwhelming Promo Run of the Year Award.”

Nice, but nothing to write home about.

Rose Byrne’s sold “Bridesmaids” to me; Cameron fails to do the same with “Bad Teacher.”

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Vena Cava Better? Natalie Portman or Estelle

Who Wore Vena Cava Better? Natalie Portman or Estelle

In Kate Bosworth's Closet - Chloé Embellished Sandals

In Kate Bosworth’s Closet – Chloé Embellished Sandals

25 Responses to Cameron Diaz In Akris – “Bad Teacher” European Promo Tour

1. Luis June 20, 2011 at 12:38 #

I really adore the second and the last one.

2. mm June 20, 2011 at 13:05 #

maybe the bad teacher is a bad movie, she is giving us a heads up

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 13:08 #

Honestly, that’s what it feels like.

3. nicky June 20, 2011 at 13:09 #

The looks aren’t exciting but they are well put together. She looks perfect in every single look, very effortless and sheek.

4. Marvel June 20, 2011 at 13:14 #

So underwhelming.

Remember her promotional tour of Shrek 3??

Now that was an amazing set of looks

5. aiyu June 20, 2011 at 13:19 #

With a body like that, she can wear whatever she pleases

6. Fashion Interlude June 20, 2011 at 13:55 #

wow she looks fantastic on the 4th look, those legs! goddess

7. jordan June 20, 2011 at 15:06 #

Would you REALLY see or not see a movie bc of what an actress wore promoting it????????????????????

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 15:13 #

If an actress excites me enough during her promo tour then yes it will encourage me to see the movie.

That is what a promo tour is all about after all. Promoting the movie

• Lou June 20, 2011 at 15:39 #

I can see what you are saying but isn’t there something inherently sexist about that? We absolutely do not put the expectations of what a movie with a male lead will be like by the choices he makes on the red carpet. yet we are reducing a womans talent and effort that she puts into making a movie by the fact she kept it classic and simple on the promo tour?! Thats a sad indictment of the role of women in hollywood.

• Tahj June 22, 2011 at 19:57 #

That’s true. That reminds me of something Cate Blanchett was quoted one time saying that she loves fashion but it’s disconcerting when she’s on a red carpet and she has a male actor being interviewed on both sides of her and they are asked only about the work whereas she only gets questions about what she’s wearing.

• jordan June 20, 2011 at 17:06 #

that is absolutely ridiculous. being a great actor and being fashionable are not also synonymous. i think that thought just shows how unaware of the rest of the world that the fashion community is. one can be a phenomenal actor and not care ANYTHING about what’s “in fashion” and the thought that this would prevent anyone from going to see their work is very sad.

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 18:47 #

No they are not synonymous.

I never said they were. I don’t read movie reviews, so I tend to go see a movie on the strength of the hype.

This movie has not provided that IMO.

It not a fashion industry thing, just a personal preference

• justme June 20, 2011 at 18:11 #

Yeah, I value interviews and reviews more than the promo tour outfits. Most of the actors/actresses I like dress like bums so… lol

We’re all different though.

• Lou June 20, 2011 at 22:49 #

Rosie huntington whitley is doing amazing on this promo tour already but ive seen the clip from Transformers and she going to make megan fox look like Meryl Streep, its cringe worthy. So what would I prefer- amazing fashion or an actress who can act(not megan fox by the way)i would take an actress in dungarees on a red carpet ANY day of the week. Fashion critic i admire your honesty even if it is kind of shallow and therefore not a view many would ever share in public!

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 23:09 #

Shallow…wow thanks.

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 23:19 #

I just wanted to add that this comment has encouraged me to take a day off blogging tomorrow.

8. Linda June 20, 2011 at 15:15 #

Yes, these aren’t too exciting. She looks well put together. The one I really like is the sage shirt dress. She chose really good shoes and belt to go with it.

• dee June 20, 2011 at 15:32 #

I agree.

9. maria June 20, 2011 at 15:20 #

Her promo tour for The Green Hornet in December was even more underwhelming…every single look in Europe consisted of jeans and a blazer. Wow…

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2011 at 15:33 #

agreed

that was the worst

10. Anamika June 20, 2011 at 16:33 #

La Diaz is one sexy mamma
    i

11. Bella June 20, 2011 at 21:11 #

She looks great!! The outfits are chic, well put together and effortless. Her body is great- especially those killer legs!! These looks are just enough for me – casual but chic and just enough fab. It’s photocalls not the Oscars haha. From what I heard promo isnt done yet either, she did Good Morning America today, there will be the NY premiere tonight and she will be appearing on other shows.

12. pipsqueak June 22, 2011 at 03:29 #

Oh, Akris! So excited to see it on yet another major celebrity, especially one with nine-inch legs! My fave is the sage shirt dress, too. I hope Gwyneth will sport Akris soon.

13. Lucía June 23, 2011 at 11:21 #