17.06.11

Lady Gaga In Vintage Versace – “Edge of Glory” Video

Lady Gaga’s new music video “Edge of Glory” premiered last night in the US on “So You Think You Can Dance.”

The singer wore vintage Versace throughout the video.

The main piece she wore was a strappy black leather corset top and black leather shorts which are both covered in gold studs.

In some scenes she adds a black, white, and gold silk printed long sleeve shirt.

She accessorizes with black boots with gold buckles and a signature gold medusa necklace.

Donatella Versace released a statement regarding Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory Video.”

“I am greatly honored that Lady Gaga chose to wear a Versace Vintage look throughout her ‘Edge of Glory’ video. I am a great fan of hers and I believe that my brother Gianni would have appreciated her talent. Like him, Lady Gaga is unafraid to push boundaries and she has created an original vocabulary by merging fashion, music, theatre and art. For me, this video represents a wonderful tribute to anyone who is unafraid to take chances.”

Who Wore Chanel Better? Diane Kruger or Zhang Ziyi

Who Wore Chanel Better? Diane Kruger or Zhang Ziyi

Maria Sharapova In Alexander McQueen - WTA Tour Pre-Wimbledon Party

Maria Sharapova In Alexander McQueen – WTA Tour Pre-Wimbledon Party

22 Responses to Lady Gaga In Vintage Versace – “Edge of Glory” Video

1. Matt June 17, 2011 at 09:15 #

Her makeup is so bad that if she knocked on my door and offered me an apple, I won’t take it. I did enjoy the styling though.

2. Martin June 17, 2011 at 09:19 #

Wow. I must admit that this is the most sedate I’ve ever seen Lady Gaga look, in the most un-Gaga like video of all, and I can’t say that I particularly like it. Her outfit is incredible, but the video is underwhelming and the art direction almost non-existent. I thought she’d go for something epic with this track, but clearly not. I know that she had a falling out with the director who was working on the clip, so perhaps that explains why this feels quite mediocre and tired.

• Kate McCarthy June 17, 2011 at 11:23 #

Agree. Video is awful. You think she knows or does she actually thinks its great? If its the first shes letting her fans down, if the second- im worried shes on burn out. Sigh, im going to watch Bad Romance for the 1000th time.

• Martin June 17, 2011 at 11:43 #

Perfectly put Kate. Couldn’t agree more. And as a massive Lady Gaga fan, I’m just hoping that Bad Romance (as incredible and amazing and mind-blowing as it is) isn’t the high watermark of her career.

• mol June 17, 2011 at 17:23 #

Oh I have to agree…..I’m a Gaga fan, but this is dreck, horrid, so mindlessly a sell out I could hardly watch – why????

3. Bonnie June 17, 2011 at 09:25 #

Lady Gaga is a force to be reckoned with,she keeps on bringing the best music and fashion choices.The vintage Versace phase of hers is to die for…

• Steffie June 17, 2011 at 11:47 #

oh come on, are you serious?

• JJovana June 17, 2011 at 14:26 #

So if someone does NOT share your opinion, they are just joking around and not to be taken seriously.

Too much hate on Lady Gaga. Woman who speaks for LGBT youth so openly, and yet public still hates her. Its truly sad.

• Matt June 17, 2011 at 17:31 #

So she’s above criticism because she speaks for the LGBT youth? She didn’t even use the word hate yet you are ready to whip out your Fame monster CD to swing at her lol.

• Steffie June 20, 2011 at 07:43 #

Its all drama, she is NOT being herself this part the public is mocking about. Money matters!

4. From Russia With Love June 17, 2011 at 09:42 #

Hello, Catherine. Have you seen Cameron Diaz at Moscow at Moscow premiere of “Bad Teacher”? Here’s the link:

they say she is wearing Pucci

• Fashion Critic June 17, 2011 at 12:16 #

Thanks

5. Caitlin June 17, 2011 at 10:05 #

Oh look, Lady Gaga’s half naked and wearing a collar and chain. How unusual.

• Crystal June 17, 2011 at 10:18 #

agreed

• Anamika June 17, 2011 at 12:20 #

• Gretta June 17, 2011 at 12:24 #

All in the name of ‘Art’ of course. She’s SO artistic that one ;-)

6. Barbs June 17, 2011 at 11:39 #

The Cruella de Vil wig makes me wonder where are the dalmatians… I’am tired of Lady Blah Blah, I’m an artist..blah, blah, I’m edgy…bla, blah I’m semi naked all the time…

7. karina June 17, 2011 at 15:27 #

I love it and I like her :)

8. robbie June 17, 2011 at 15:27 #

well this just goes to show gaga has ZERO creativity not to mention seems to have p*ssed off quite a few people in the business with this video.

basically she is dressed like a hooker walking the streets.

9. dee June 17, 2011 at 15:38 #

Not a fan of Lady Gaga but I do like the stylin even though it isn’t anything that we haven’t seen before.

10. Yasmine June 17, 2011 at 16:55 #

i sort of agree with both negative and positive comments, i think what she tried to do is channel the clothes through the video, the video feels very 80s i think, no back up dancers, plus the sax and the dim light.

It may be unexciting but i appreciate the simplicity in it, cuz alot of the time in her videos u feel like ur on a roller coaster cuz the scenes and the clothes change so much.

11. Giuseppi Giraffe June 17, 2011 at 18:43 #

That quote from Donatella Versace does so much to dignify Lady Gaga’s act lol! It’s funny, but I almost find I can take her more seriously when I read a thing like that. Not to be mean, but I certainly have a lot of trouble taking this video seriously on any other basis.