Halle Berry and Mariska Hargitay attended the Mayor’s Fund Benefit Dinner To Support The Family Justice at the Red Rooster Restaurant in New York City this week.

The actresses opted for very different looks.

Halle broke out of her formulaic cleavage bearing LBD mode, to wear a Z Spoke by Zac Posen Resort 2011 dress.

Her ink houndstooth stretch wool cap sleeve dress was paired with some conservative black Bally pumps.

Mariska look was far more interesting to me despite the fact that we’ve seen this Vera Wang Spring 2011 floral print a few times on the red carpet.

Her two-piece floral look was paired with Jimmy Choo heels and a grey clutch which feels like an odd choice.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively In Missoni - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Blake Lively In Missoni – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Eva Longoria In Victoria Beckham - The Farm Worker Help Bill Press Conference

Eva Longoria In Victoria Beckham – The Farm Worker Help Bill Press Conference

16 Responses to Halle Berry In Z Spoke by Zac Posen & Mariska Hargitay In Vera Wang – Mayor’s Fund Benefit Dinner To Support The Family Justice

1. Giuseppi Giraffe June 16, 2011 at 18:28 #

the vera wang is my favorite of the two, and honestly i don’t think i would even notice halle barry’s outfit except that she’s (gasp) not just showing off the twins. otherwise it just reminds me of a jogging suit

2. dee June 16, 2011 at 18:54 #

They should have switched shoes and bags. I like Halle’s dress. The other dress is alright.

• dee June 16, 2011 at 18:55 #

I think Mariska would look better with an open neck. The colw neck thing isn’t working.

• dee June 16, 2011 at 18:55 #

Cowl not colw.

• Rebecca Z June 16, 2011 at 19:07 #

Yes, Mariska’s dress looks very strange around the neck–much better on the model. This really looks like a candid shot–or a picture taken in a hurry as Halle is half out of her coat. Neither is showing to best advantage

• Gigi June 16, 2011 at 19:44 #

Mariska is a ‘big’ woman. Not as in fat, but as in buxom (she is Jayne Mansfield’s daughter) and big boned. I don’t think this dress does her any favors. You’re right… neither of them look that great.

• Anamika June 16, 2011 at 23:13 #

uh huh +1

• Kristen June 16, 2011 at 19:28 #

Agreed. I desperately want to swap their accessories, especially the shoes!

3. Anne June 16, 2011 at 18:57 #

Love, love the clothes Mariska. She is a very elegant woman.

4. sarah June 16, 2011 at 20:56 #

i think Mariska looks best halle is nice and all but i think mariska looks more comfortable in herself.agree about the accessories and the fact that Halle doesnt have her twins or tummy out

5. Thomas Monks June 16, 2011 at 21:09 #

FC does the Vera that Mariska is wearing not remind you of the Dries Van Noten she wore last year?

6. Jen June 16, 2011 at 22:52 #

I like Mariska’s look, but on that neckline I think her hair should have been worn up or back.

7. mochababe73 June 17, 2011 at 00:44 #

I like the runway version of Mariska’s dress better than what she has. The collar is funny looking.
    I am assuming that Halle toned it down because it was a Mayor’s dinner. No need for the both sets of twins (legs and boobs) to be on display.

8. pam June 17, 2011 at 03:20 #

Really like Halle’s dress. Am grateful that she put the tits away. The Vera Wang just scares me.

9. Steffie June 17, 2011 at 12:19 #

that is realy nice

10. Regina June 18, 2011 at 20:07 #

The truth is that when Halle does not show her belly or breasts did not stand out too much. This gray is terrible for her. Mariska love the dress, but not like the accessories and the hair was attached would be better. Mariska, if it was blonde, was even more like his mother. I love her smile and she is very beautiful.