15.06.11

Lady GaGa’s Current Obsession – Vintage Versace

In a recent interview Lady GaGa said that she will only be wearing Versace for the next two months.

She says she’s wanted to wear vintage Gianni Versace for quite some time, and has now become obsessed with wearing the late designers’ vintage pieces.

At the Europride Rome 2011 last week, she performed wearing a Versace vintage look which included a black top with a Swarovski crystal shoulder detail plus a maxi skirt.

This skirt is from the Atelier Versace Fall/Winter 1992 collection.

The singer arrived at the event wearing another vintage Versace look.

The printed orange silk shirt was combined with an orange skirt and a vintage Versace gold belt.

For her appearance on the French TV Show Taratatà, Lady GaGa wore a printed shirt and pants with some trademark black platformed heels.

I love the first two looks as she wears them with much sophistication, but the last look which feels a bit thrown together.

See more of Lady GaGa’s vintage Versace obsession over at GaGa Fashionland.

What do you think about GaGa’s Gianni Versace obsession?

Credit: Getty & GaGaMania

Jennifer Hudson In Michael Kors - 2nd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Jennifer Hudson In Michael Kors – 2nd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

In Blake Lively's Closet - Charlotte Olympia Leopard Print Platform Pumps

In Blake Lively’s Closet – Charlotte Olympia Leopard Print Platform Pumps

22 Responses to Lady GaGa’s Current Obsession – Vintage Versace

1. Terry June 15, 2011 at 13:05 #

It’s the mix between the two – GaGa and vintage Versace – that bothers me (I’m a vintage Versace obsessed myself, of course ;)).

• pam June 15, 2011 at 15:32 #

I agree. She is going to have to tone down the crazy to do the pieces justice.

2. Giuseppi Giraffe June 15, 2011 at 13:07 #

That blue wig is kind of killing it for me, butI know it’s Gaga, so she’s gotta do something crazy. Otherwise, very nice! The b&w is beautiful. (two months?)

3. egon June 15, 2011 at 13:16 #

great¡¡¡¡¡¡ love vintage versace¡¡ he was the best ever¡¡¡

4. Anamika June 15, 2011 at 13:26 #

she really looks like “Lady Elton John” in the 2nd pic.! :-)

5. Frank June 15, 2011 at 13:29 #

“This skirt is from the Atelier Versace Fall/Winter 1992 collection, which was one of the last collections created by Gianni Versace.”

The 92 collection wouldn’t have been one of his last as he didn’t die until 1997. The black top/dress under the shirt would have in fact come from a 97 collection which would have been one of his last.

• Fashion Critic June 15, 2011 at 13:31 #

ok thanks

6. Rebecca Z June 15, 2011 at 13:41 #

She looks like Boy George in the third picture! Love the first look-good to know she can actually show some taste now and again.

• Anamika June 15, 2011 at 14:40 #

:-)

7. Dorian Gray June 15, 2011 at 14:25 #

This combination is unexpected. I LOVE Gianni’s works but I hope she will wear even some Donatella’s.

8. june June 15, 2011 at 14:26 #

i actually love the combination of gaga and vintage versace. usually, when you see gaga, she’s dressed to shock and pretty much for no other reason. however, in vintage versace, there’s cohesion, there’s a theme and she’s so much more interesting looking in it

9. Incroyable June 15, 2011 at 14:33 #

LOVE(!!) the clothes… but not on her.

10. mol June 15, 2011 at 15:01 #

It was strange to go over to gaga fashionland and see the models of the day in Gianni Versace’s clothes and then, Gaga beside them – she’s kind of a chameleon and is beginning to remind me of the artist Cindy Sherman for some reason, maybe it’s her looks……anyway, I think she pulls this all off quite well

11. robbie June 15, 2011 at 15:17 #

oh here she goes again turned lovely clothes in a stuff cheap fancy dress costume.

12. laura D June 15, 2011 at 16:11 #

I love it! I had a feeling she was brewing up a change in style that would emphasize her love of fashion, not just shock… I love the hair, but then, it’s a shade of turquoise that I just love anyway… it does work with both the black and white, and the bold oranges.

13. Rita June 15, 2011 at 16:16 #

As long as she has clothes on her… for a change, she can wear whatever freaking vintage for all I care ! I was sick and tired of seing her half naked ! And surprisingly she looks “good” in some of those clothes.

14. NY June 15, 2011 at 16:57 #

Love the colours and print! They really remind me of the good old days! Fashion has changed so much!

15. dee June 15, 2011 at 16:59 #

I like the first look. the rest I am not too crazy about. I am glad she is giving Mugler a rest.

16. Megan June 15, 2011 at 18:34 #

Why her?!?!? Couldn’t we see someone else actually do it justice?

17. Rita June 15, 2011 at 18:51 #

i love the first look but i think i would have loved it even more if her hair wasn’t blue

18. GagaFashion June 15, 2011 at 20:34 #

Thank you so much, Catherine, for featuring my site. Such a lovely surprise. Thank you! Keep doing your amazing job!!!

• Fashion Critic June 15, 2011 at 20:48 #

You are welcome and you keep doing your amazing job. Your research on GaGa is second to none.

Cx