Emma Roberts attended the after party New York screening of “The Art of Getting By” at Thompson Hotel LES.

The young actress opted for a heavenly Temperley London Fall 2011 dress.

You may remember that Jennifer Lopez was the first to wear a look from this collection last week.

Emma’s embellished strapless fairy tale dress was worn without the Peter Pan collar blouse as it was presented on the runway.

I would’ve switched the blouse for those heavy Casadei pumps any day, but Emma does love a heavy shoe.

I also prefer the length of the dress on the model.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

20 thoughts on “Emma Roberts In Temperley London – “The Art Of Getting By” New York Screening After Party

1. Laura

Different length and shoe would’ve improved this look a ton. I’m not a big fan of the hair either. Still, I find myself oddly charmed by this look.

2. maria

i cannot decide. on the one hand i love how the dress looks on Emma on the other hand i loved the peter pan collar as it gave the dress a different look, not your everyday strapless dress.
    i agree about the shoes……

3. bibi

I love it on the model….makes more lolita!…and girl from good-family!
    the other makes soooooooooo cheap!

4. GusMex

i think the lenght changes according to the perspective, maybe the photographer was very tall, hehehe, she looks nice!

5. Mille

I was like what a pretty dre…why those shoes??!
    Those shoes does not go with the dress style wise at all.

6. Emi

The runway length is better, I don’t know if she’s tall or not, but I think the longer skirt isn’t flattering. I would have said that I liked it anyway ’till I saw that incredibly heavy shoes. A miss, for me.

7. Christine

I prefer the way Emma Roberts is wearing the dress over the model’s; she looks ethereal.

8. Shaina

I could go either way with the length of the dress, it’s so beautiful. The detail is just exquisite! But a part of me wants to see someone wear this dress with the collar.

9. ashley

she should have worn the runway version! that would have been super cute and i think she could have pulled it off.

10. dee

This needs some tweaking. The length of the dress is too long, the shoes are too heavy and the hair needs more polishing.

11. asherlev1

Emma … sigh. I almost always love her looks from the neck down cos she always lets me down somehow with her hair/makeup. But she does choose the loveliest dresses. In this instance, I do dislike those shoes.

Her street style looks always overall work better for me.

12. Rebecca Z

I love the dress and I like the satin shoes, but not the fact that they are platforms. The skirt of this dress is just gorgeous. I agree she could have worn it with the collar easily.