Mischa Barton – 2011 Shanghai International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Mischa Barton opted for lots of texture and volume when she arrived on the red carpet for the 2011 Shanghai International Film Festival opening ceremony this weekend.

Her black tulle gown with a feathered neckline and embellished waistband was beautifully contrasted with bright red heels.

I can’t quite decide if I like this gown or hate it.

It’s very interesting, but I don’t think Mischa’s wearing it with much conviction.

Plus she should’ve worn her hair up with this look considering the neckline.

I’m sure many of you will ask, but I have no idea why she was there either.

Credit: Getty

27 thoughts on “Mischa Barton – 2011 Shanghai International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. Alyssa

if its possible to kinda love something, i kinda love this. plus, its always nice to see mischa barton not looking a mess.

2. Lara

I agree… it’s not looking too shabby at all… in fact I would venture to say it flatters her, but you’re right, she needed a bit more oomph in her pose/posture to really bring it to life.

I could see Blake Lively in this, throwing her shoulders back and cocking her head to the side playfully.

3. Luis

In fact I love it… Not so sure about the make up, but she looked very good. Fantastic improvement.

4. Lucy Diamond

Just wish she’d go back to being a brunette. The yellowy blonde is not flattering on her. Do like the dress though.

5. maria

there is something about this dress i love. She definitely looks much better recently. On the other hand she looks half naked. Maybe the netting could have been a bit darker to avoid that. All in all it’s a great look for her and i like the red shoes.

6. Linda

Hmm…it’s interesting. You think you should hate it but you don’t. I agree with FC, she should have had her hair up, but it does look nice and shiny and her face is beautiful. I’m so happy for her that she is looking healthy and happy again. A very interesting look.

7. Kaylie

She looks ridiculous. Not working it at all. She looks lost, like she doesn’t know why she’s there ( and I’m guessing she has no reason to be there).

8. Gaber

The detail on her hips (the fake skirt) is insanely bad and it kills, what would be otherwise, a gorgeous look.
    Too bad.

9. Misa

Ugly dress. I can’t belive she had seen herself in the mirrow and liked it. How it is possible? Probably she has a crazy stylist who can persuade her to wear everything….

10. noo

i couldn’t wait to hear what you thought of this FC :D now i understand that i’m not alone on being undecided :D

11. Mischaaa

i thinik she look ok, anyone knows the designer??? i’ve been looking for the name of the designer and i can’t find it maybe is some vinntage piece

12. KateS

I feel like I should hate it, but I don’t, although I definitely agree that she should have worn her hair up.

13. dee

I really like this dress on her but I wish she wore her hair up and didn’t wear pumps. She could have worn red high-heel sandals.

14. Lou

I also think the dress is “interestng”! I like that she went for it but agree she is not working it at all