Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning as she arrived at the ARK 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner in London tonight.

I’m literally blown away.

I’m so excited that it looks like she has been taking some great advice in the fashion department, because she selected this gorgeous gown by British designer Jenny Packham.

The Spring 2011 ethereal pearlescent rose sequin gown is embellished with Swarovski crystals.

Her look was paired with a simple satin clutch and L.K Bennett Agata peep-toes which matched her gown.

It looks like the Duchess of Cambridge can do High-Street and High-End with equal aplomb.

What a very handsome couple they are.

Dita von Teese has also worn a similar shorter version of this Jenny Packham dress.

[nggallery id=847]

Credit: NYmag & Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Fan Bing Bing In Louis Vuitton -  Louis Vuitton Kunming Store Opening

Fan Bing Bing In Louis Vuitton – Louis Vuitton Kunming Store Opening

78 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – ARK 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner

1. dee June 9, 2011 at 22:13 #

It’s a beautiful gown and it looks lovely on her but I wish she had done more with her hair. Pull it back or put it up, something.

• Kaz June 9, 2011 at 22:29 #

Totally agree. Catherine has beautiful hair but something a bit more styled would have been fantastic.

• Icee June 9, 2011 at 22:44 #

That’s what I was thinking too.

And, it’s not exactly the same dress as Blair Waldorf’s, it is the same collection, though.

• molly June 9, 2011 at 23:42 #

Thats what I thought as well. When you wear a gown like this, you cant have your hair the same way you do on a daily basis.

• justme June 10, 2011 at 00:31 #

Seriously. She really should’ve worn her hair up.

• mol June 10, 2011 at 02:06 #

Ditto, but what a gorg lady….

• Ahot June 10, 2011 at 13:52 #

It really takes away from the gown, doesn’t it? But she looks better than she EVER did, so she get a pass this time. Funny she wore the same as Blair. Humm… maybe she is a fan of Gossip Girl too? :)

2. Morgane June 9, 2011 at 22:14 #

She looks amazing!!

• Clover June 10, 2011 at 00:01 #

Agreed! Thanks for including so many extra photos FC. I can’t get enough of her, she’s lovely.

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2011 at 00:09 #

Agreed..couldn’t get enough of this look either

• GRACE June 11, 2011 at 06:31 #

I agree, thank you for all the gorgeous photos! I loved the close-up, I think her make-up was flawless on this occasion. It gives her this pinkish glow that sets off the gown, don’t you think?

3. laurakitty June 9, 2011 at 22:15 #

BDOTW!

• aiyu June 10, 2011 at 03:57 #

• Elena June 10, 2011 at 08:35 #

YES… stunning!!!!!

4. Emily June 9, 2011 at 22:15 #

BDOTW for me. I’m so pleased she’s finally giving British designers an outing and not just sticking to the High Street!!

5. Anissa June 9, 2011 at 22:16 #

Ooh, I’ve been waiting for your post on this, and also to see the full gown. Absolutely stunning! She’s glowing :)

6. Elaine June 9, 2011 at 22:19 #

I couldn’t wait for you to post this cos I knew you’d be as blown away by this as me. This is the glamour we’ve been missing from Catherine so far, this is the best iv seen her look. BDOTW please!

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2011 at 22:20 #

All the good stuff happens the second I leave my computer LOL

So angry not to have got it up sooner.

• bibi June 9, 2011 at 22:29 #

The dress is beautiful …she wore it stunningly!
      A glowing woman in love!
      god bless you!
      Thx you F.C.

• Tania June 10, 2011 at 01:23 #

Totally agree with you Elaine it’s the best i’ve seen her look. I hope this is the beginning of more looks like this stunning!

7. Dazzle June 9, 2011 at 22:26 #

Oh forget Blair Waldorf, Kate owns this dress! Talk about looking like royalty. I loved this dress on the runway and am so glad someone worthy of it is doing it justice. I would have preferred her hair swept up but she looks so lovely I won’t complain about it. Def my BDOTW!

8. Zarin June 9, 2011 at 22:28 #

I find it funny because Blair was planning on getting together with/marrying a prince when she was wearing this dress and here, a real life lady who married a prince is wearing it. (Sorry, GG nerd here!)

Anyhow, Catherine looks gorgeous, definitely BDOTW contender :)

9. Marvel June 9, 2011 at 22:32 #

She looks great.
    I love the dress and whilst I thought Blair looked cute, Kate looks much better.
    She wore LK Bennett shoes (proof on Daily Mail site)

10. Alexandra June 9, 2011 at 22:39 #

I always thought there is something Blair-esque about Catherine ;) loving the dress!

11. Pascale June 9, 2011 at 22:43 #

A true princess, very fairytale like. And so svelte !

I like her make up here better than I liked it at her wedding. I’m so glad she’s playing with fashion !

12. Paddy M June 9, 2011 at 22:50 #

Kate looks set to be the girl who always ends up winning BDOTW every time she’s on it…

I think this is certainly worthy of a mention on BDOTW, although I think I’ve seen some slightly better looks this week. Still, I’m rooting for her to at least be included. Don’t think she needs any more support than she’s already got anyway!!!

• Rebecca Z June 9, 2011 at 23:28 #

Well, there was that unfortunately Derby look….

13. Lily June 9, 2011 at 22:53 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous. I’m completely in love with the shoes. Great looking couple.

14. Hisadora June 9, 2011 at 22:55 #

She looks fantastic!!!!!! I admire her for making such good choices in fashion, she’s really elegant.

15. Bec June 9, 2011 at 22:58 #

she looks gorgeous! although her scary skinny arms are a bit worrying :-/

• molly June 9, 2011 at 23:44 #

I totally agree. There was a picture of her from the side, and it was the first time I could really see that she is too skinny. Hopefully she ate at the event, because she isnt looking to healthy nowadays.

• Faellie June 10, 2011 at 06:55 #

On the BBC video report there was a back view that showed her hips about half the width of her shoulders. Not a good look on a grown woman.

16. Rebelr June 9, 2011 at 23:03 #

I LOVE this chick! Great style

17. smolls June 9, 2011 at 23:17 #

She looks stunning – so beautiful! BDOTW for sure!

18. Rahel June 9, 2011 at 23:32 #

Very beautiful and elegant. It’s perfect for her.

19. Amber June 9, 2011 at 23:39 #

Stunning! Great choice for her coloring; she looks gorgeous!

20. Ella June 9, 2011 at 23:41 #

My BDOTW hands down! Catherine looks amazing!!

21. Maz June 9, 2011 at 23:45 #

Wow!! Simply stunning! I really hope she keeps this up!

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2011 at 23:48 #

Ditto

22. gabi June 10, 2011 at 00:08 #

I don’t know if the dress was adjusted or if it’s ‘cos her body has a better shape, but Kate looks WAAAAAY more stunning in this dress than Leighton Meester. In fact, funny thing you mentioned the dress on Gossip Girl because when I saw it on Blair, I didn’t even really liked lol… but I LOVED IT on Kate. She totally owns it. .. and judging by her really pink cheeks, I say the makeup art is hers again =P

23. Tahj June 10, 2011 at 00:14 #

It looks soooo amazing on the model that I can’t even notice Kate Middleton. Maybe she should have worn her hair up like the model did.

24. moja31 June 10, 2011 at 00:25 #

FINALLY she’s wearing something worth talking about.

25. noo June 10, 2011 at 00:34 #

i love everything about this :D she is glowing!!! and i love her hair exactly the way it is :D those shiny locks are what i hope to have some day :D

26. Anna June 10, 2011 at 01:05 #

I’m speechless.
    BDOTW

27. Jazz June 10, 2011 at 01:39 #

the gossip girl stylists certainly have taste, thats for sure. blairs dress for her prince has turned into kate’s dress for hers! ahhhh love!

28. Jazz June 10, 2011 at 01:41 #

and i actually think blair rocked this dress just as much if not more than kate. but thats my own opinion

• Megan June 10, 2011 at 06:57 #

I can see that Blair rocks all her clothes cause she has an attitude (though i wasnt a fan of her hair in the episode) Kate looks really good but she doesn’t stand out.

• Jazz June 12, 2011 at 05:55 #

i think we’re redcarpetfashionawards soulmates! hahaha

29. Dani June 10, 2011 at 01:47 #

Kate looks awesome, but I agree some more creativity with the hair.
    I don’t think all back is very flattering on her, but maybe half and half?

30. Courteney June 10, 2011 at 01:52 #

Pippa who?

Catherine looks radiant!

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2011 at 05:49 #

Exactly….ugh so tired of Pippa

• Kate McCarthy June 10, 2011 at 11:10 #

Oh i dunno,pippa seems to be just doing what she always has ie. not very much!!!tennis,lunch,boat rides(the poor dear,so tough) its the medias obsession and not the girl that we are sick of surely?!

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2011 at 11:41 #

Oh I agree it’s the media’s obsession, she can’t be to blamed and stay at home 24/7, but I wish they would lighten up on her already

31. NY June 10, 2011 at 03:07 #

Amazing. I like the hair also, its her signature hairstyle.

32. claire June 10, 2011 at 03:53 #

her waist is so tiny…wish she wore her hair up

33. S June 10, 2011 at 05:29 #

She needs to gain about 10 pounds, but she’s still gorgeous and looks amazing in this dress.

34. Emi June 10, 2011 at 08:53 #

Great dress, but I agree with all the comments about the hair, even if I think that with the hair up she would have looked older, but some waves could help. Hair is a very important part of a look, and here it’s too simple. I’m not a fan of her, anyway, if she was aristocratic (before she married the Prince) there wouldn’t be so much fuss about her, for me.

35. D June 10, 2011 at 09:05 #

love this :) did kate lose more weight? a little on the skinny side

36. Lee Ann June 10, 2011 at 09:12 #

I was really happy to see her in this dress She looked stunning. BUT what I was most pleased with was her make up. It was so much lighter and less aging and worked perfectly with the colouring of the dress. To me , her good looks stem from her colouring and her hair so I did not mind it down-i really don’t think she is pretty enough to wear her hair off her face. I also don’t think she is too skinny but i don’t want to see thinner

37. Sabrina June 10, 2011 at 09:15 #

She looks great! But, I was almost sure you were going to say she should’ve put her hair up. You would’ve seen more of the dress and it would’ve been event appropriate. Still she looks stunning, though.

38. Jones19 June 10, 2011 at 10:24 #

I could stare at these pictures all day. She looks super gorgeous. The only fault I can find is her hair, she would have looked even better with an updo.

39. docnirz June 10, 2011 at 10:38 #

i m dying..she looks absolutely stunning

40. mikeijames June 10, 2011 at 11:04 #

“it looks like the Duchess of Cambridge can do High-Street and High-End with equal aplomb.”

you stated it perfectly. i have nothing to add!!! i am OVERWHELMED with excitement.

41. Lucía June 10, 2011 at 11:29 #

Amazing, I love this so, so, so much

42. Betty Brandenburg June 10, 2011 at 11:42 #

Hmmm, the mask slips of being a “modern” royal (a contradiction in terms, surely?) Wearing a GBP 4K … and in the same week they announce they’re hiring personal staff. Please don’t turn into Hello Magazine, FC, gushing over the royals! Good dress, though. Would look even better if she was a tiny bit curvier…

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2011 at 12:11 #

gushing?

How could I not she looks gorgeous.

• Lee Ann June 10, 2011 at 12:33 #

I apologise if this is going to sound rude but what is wrong with wearing GBP 4000 dresses if you can afford to do so? In fact a comprable gown in Christian Dior would run well over £15,000 . I think her chooice was well made and understated. And as far as I am concerned personal staff- have nothing to do with fashion.
      She wears LK Bennet for pete’s sake please allow her to shine once in a while in a well made dress.

Sorry rant over !

• Betty Brandenburg June 10, 2011 at 13:06 #

Gosh, talk about hitting a nerve. I did say it was a good dress, I just have a problem with someone dressing in 4K outfits paid for by the tax payer (including me and you if you live in the UK). I get it, though, this is not the right forum to discuss the monarchy’s merit or lack thereof.

• Fashion Critic June 10, 2011 at 13:57 #

Whilst I get your point Betty, the dress sold out within hours online and I’m sure the phone lines to the stores and the Head office of Jenny Packham are ringing off the hook today and will be for some time.

I’m also sure that the dress will go back into production to meet demand.

I would say Jenny Packham got millions of pounds worth of publicity (as a former PR) from Kate wearing this dress.

So yes £4k is a lot to spend on a dress with taxpayers money, but the dress has already paid for itself and gone back into our economy, boosted the profile of a British designer on an international level that even Fashion Week can’t do and maybe Kate wearing this dress has even saved some jobs as we all know the fashion industry can be fragile at times.

Also if she had brought the dress recently – and she would’ve had to purchase it as Royals can’t be gifted – the dress was on sale anyway, so it wouldn’t have been £4k.

I hope you are not offended by my comments/rant, as I like that we can all have frank discussion about these issues.

• Lee Ann June 10, 2011 at 22:15 #

I do live in the UK which is why I also know that the taxpayer does not pay for clothing.

43. Alina June 10, 2011 at 13:04 #

Stunning.

44. Samara June 10, 2011 at 13:28 #

Kate looks exquisite. This isn’t the exact same dress that Blair wore on GG. Blair’s dress had a different sequin design. Didn’t Dita von Teese wear a shorter version of Kate’s dress back in February? I’m sure I saw it here on RCFA.

45. Shaina June 10, 2011 at 15:31 #

She looks beautiful and effortless. I love it!

46. Valeria June 11, 2011 at 06:48 #

I think she should start eating. Her head looks too big for her body (and agree wearing hair up would compliment the gown better) and it doesn’t look good around her hips, she is just not healthy-looking at all!

47. Sue Jin June 11, 2011 at 16:07 #

im still behind with all your posts but had to comment on this one! She looks beautiful in this dress! So far so good! =). But I hope she gains a bit of weight to be andlook healthy..

48. Raquel June 11, 2011 at 18:27 #

Niiice, but I agree on all accounts about the hair.