08.06.11

Kristen Stewart In Balmain – 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Most Formulaic Award
Kristen Stewart attended the 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London tonight wearing Balmain again.

Whilst I loved her Balmain dress at the MTV Movie Awards, I’m not even close to be impressed by this look.

Granted she must be jet-lagged, but I don’t feel like much thought or imagination went into this look.

It’s the same designer, another strapless mini and similar hairstyle.

I’m totally bored and disappointed by this formulaic look this to be honest.

Grey Giuseppe Zanotti suede peep-toes completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Stella McCartney - 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Stella McCartney – 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

36 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Balmain – 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

1. Ro June 8, 2011 at 02:08 #

Seen this look a dozen times and while she’s working what she’s got (hello legs!), I really wish she’d branch out more. I think a smart pantsuit like what Kirsten Dunst had worn earlier would have looked amazing on her.

2. Julie June 8, 2011 at 02:13 #

Same ol’ same ol’ here. Her dresses just get shorter and shorter.

3. Julie June 8, 2011 at 02:13 #

I also want to tell her to stand up straight.

• Pati June 8, 2011 at 09:14 #

Her posture is always like that. As if she was hiding her boobies for some reason… I like the hair and make-up though.

• Naama June 8, 2011 at 15:08 #

That’s exactly the thing, she never looks comfortable in what she wear because she never stands straight – it’s like she’s trying to hide her boobs like Pati said OR that her dresses are too short and she’s afraid something would pop out.
      I never saw her looking comfortable and confident, she always seems awkward.

4. Kara June 8, 2011 at 02:16 #

I think she looks amazing. She dresses for the occasion and wears what she’s comfortable in. If I had her legs I wouldn’t cover them either unless it’s the Oscars. Other celebs have their own style and stick to it but somehow she gets called out for it more. Shoes are better here than the Movie Awards. Loved the rocker big hair but this sleeker look doesn’t overwhelm her face as much. If she wears it up absence of necklace/jewelry would be more apparent. It’s her main accessory and she’s working it. She can do edgy and soft, doesn’t matter.

• Rahel June 8, 2011 at 13:32 #

Because that’s the only thing she ever wears. Her legs are just skinny and she lengthen them through wearing extra short minidresses.
      It’s finally that someone calls her out on that because she’s doing it since 2010. Some dresses would even look better if she keeps the normal length.

5. Cara June 8, 2011 at 02:41 #

its her posture and expression that makes me not excited. she doesnt look excited about it so therefore i dont see how i can be excited about it.

she needs to smile and stand up straight. she always has this look on her face as if shes forced to go to these events. if i was rich, beautiful and getting to wear balmain id have a huge smile on my face

6. molly June 8, 2011 at 02:45 #

She looks terrible as usual. She needs to fire her stylist. Im so sick of her always wearing the same damn outfit. And she needs to start standing up straight. She looks like a 15 year old girl at her first event. We know you dont want to be there, Kristen, but you could at least try to hide it. At least she did something with her hair this time.

• Pati June 8, 2011 at 09:12 #

I agree. She always looks so uncomfortable in those strapless minis- if she doesn´t like them, whey does she keep on wearing them? Maybe if she found something more comfy to wear, she would enjoy these events a little bit more….

• Rahel June 8, 2011 at 13:33 #

At one tv interview she wore pants, t-shirt and a blazer. She looked stunning and very comfortable.

• Naama June 8, 2011 at 15:09 #

Pati : “Maybe if she found something more comfy to wear, she would enjoy these events a little bit more….” couldn’t agree more

7. Lucy Diamond June 8, 2011 at 02:46 #

I do like the dress but I’m feeling I may have to kidnap Kristen soon and only allow her out if she’s covering either her legs or arms (or both) and has some style attempted on her locks.

8. pam June 8, 2011 at 03:45 #

I think Hollywood is exhausted. Maybe it’s the heat? No one seems interested in making an effort on the red carpet lately. Maybe we should all just go to the beach and work on our tan lines until September.

9. moja31 June 8, 2011 at 03:49 #

she’s as predictable as taylor swift. it’s always short & tight with boring shoes.

10. Bill June 8, 2011 at 04:16 #

She looks good but I agree that its soo simple and boring from what she wore at mtv. She should had picked one of those mirror dresses from the f/w collection.

11. sergioA June 8, 2011 at 04:43 #

Balmain has never looked so cheap

12. Joy June 8, 2011 at 05:41 #

What is up with her posture? She always looks like this. She is blessed to be able to wear one tiny dress after another, but unfortunately she does not do it for me. Either she doesn’t have the confidence or doesn’t care to pull anything off.

13. E June 8, 2011 at 06:16 #

I don’t blame her for wearing her hair down. She’s finally grown out her awkward mullet from filming The Runaways and her hair looks beautiful and glossy.

14. Ayesha June 8, 2011 at 06:57 #

can’t she EVER stand straight….jeez!!

15. Emi June 8, 2011 at 08:26 #

Of course she was tired but her posture is terrible… I don’t like the dress, considering it’s Balmain, I don’t like the shoes. It’s the same boring look from her. Could i say “one swallow doesn’t make a summer” to describe her style? She chose a great dress for MTV Movie Awards, but her style is boring, anyway.

16. mikeijames June 8, 2011 at 09:12 #

ita….she looks cute, but not as impressive as the patchwork leather mini from the mtv movie awards.

17. Ines June 8, 2011 at 10:48 #

To be fair there are DOZEN of pictures of her standing almost straight and smiling out there. Her hair, when gotting out of the car had actual volume and some sort of lightening but I think she spent too much time messing them up. She needs to fire her stylist because the said stylist do not style her. She puts her in uncomfortable & tight mini dresses with high heels. Said stylist gave a interview recently and told the world how “fitted” the balmain dress at the MTV MA was..however we saw her client bra most of the times. She also explained us how they tried to find the “perfect comfortable sneakers”..for us to only discover that she wears those ugly sneakers all the time and they even graced us their presence at HRW airport recently. I don’t know what that woman is paid for. Stewart always looks okay because she is slim, has a pretty face and as long as her hair aren’t a hot mess she always go through it unscathed. I’d also like to point that she could close her legs with such a short dress..

• BeeBee June 8, 2011 at 14:34 #

Kristen Stewart in a too short strapless dress, let me find my shocked face.

It’s unbelievable how someone with a stylist and access to a designer clothing always looks so plain and boring. She should hire someone with actual fashion sense.

18. Jen June 8, 2011 at 13:01 #

The dress is pretty. I agree she always wears the same thing, so it’s hard to get super excited about it. I also don’t like the shoes; can’t tell but they look like suede? I loathe suede shoes with a pretty light dress.

She looks far more comfortable in casual shots wearing jeans and chuck taylors … I’d really rather she comes to a more casual event like this one in her street clothes. Sure, she’d be dressed down, but her attitude & posture would probably be so much more relaxed and fun. Maybe.

• Rebecca Z June 8, 2011 at 15:26 #

Interesting perspective. I agree with the comment about the suede shoes with a light cocktail dress–to me it is like booties with one. It works sometimes, if it is done with imagination or humor, but everyone does it and it looses all its verve. There must be something between jeans and sneakers and short revealing dresses that this young woman can wear for appearances that would work for her and for the rest of us!

19. claire June 8, 2011 at 15:36 #

look on robsten dreams there are loads of pistures of her standing straight smiling and she look super sexy dont hate her she is one sexy lady she has a style and can work it well she looks beautiful in light shades make awesome hair glossy and she had a big weekend a long flight and still looks stunning love her and her style if i could i would wear minis all the time but dont have the legs that kristen does shes amazing

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2011 at 16:19 #

No one is hating her.

I don’t understand why this term is used so loosely when someone doesn’t like a look.

I like Kristen. Having met her (albeit briefly) I found her very delightful unlike a lot of celebs (Kate Walsh).

20. dee June 8, 2011 at 16:07 #

She needs a new look and better posture.

21. Emma June 8, 2011 at 19:40 #

The dress is OK. I love it from the neck up.

22. Susan June 8, 2011 at 20:19 #

I love the look. Beautiful.

23. Mia June 8, 2011 at 22:25 #

she could look so hot, if only she practiced better posture….

24. Lily June 9, 2011 at 18:42 #

She was combining the dress with a jacket afterwards, I kinda like it better that way

(http://www.imagebam.com/image/9086eb135758934)

25. deborah June 10, 2011 at 03:18 #

SOME PEOPLE SHOULDN’T BE ON THE SPOTLIGHT. SHE CANT EVEN STAND UP STRAIGHT!!!!!! PLEASE……… I FEEL AWFUL WHENEVER I SEE HER, SHE LOOKS SO UNCOMFORTABLE ALL THE TIME!!!!! SO TIRED OF THIS GIRL……. next

26. Lucía June 10, 2011 at 12:05 #

She can stop wearing lovely dresses if she is going to waste every single one.

27. sunniee July 2, 2011 at 09:44 #