Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

Oscar Worthy Gown Award
When I saw Lucy Liu at the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards I got the feeling that she was a tad overdressed.

This isn’t the ballgown wearing type of event like the Oscars or the Golden Globes, but there is no taking away from the fact that Lucy looks beautiful.

The actress wore a black Monique Lhuillier Fall 2011 strapless gown.

Her Chantilly lace, embroidered tulle gown had ostrich feathers decorating the skirt.

A Swarovski ‘Party Time’ clutch and Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kirsten Dunst In Patrik Ervell - 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

Kirsten Dunst In Patrik Ervell – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mary-Kate Olsen In The Row & Chanel: Ashley Olsen In The Row - 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mary-Kate Olsen In The Row & Chanel: Ashley Olsen In The Row – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

11 Responses to Lucy Liu In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Alina June 7, 2011 at 13:13 #

Gorgeous !

2. Gabi June 7, 2011 at 13:16 #

I can only assume she was trying to make it up for her last fashion disaster at the MET Gala. She looks flawless but I hope the ostrich feathers are fake :)

• Emi June 7, 2011 at 20:51 #

I hope so, too but I think a lot of animals were killed to do this dress. I’m not particularly impressed, anyway.

3. bibi June 7, 2011 at 13:16 #

The model is soooooooo pretty!….beautiful eyes lips…hair color (blonde-reddish?)…..and lovely princess hair style a la Grace Kelly or A.Hepburn!….them great beauties you rarely make today!
    The other looks like an “imitation” ….so badly imitated!

4. noo June 7, 2011 at 13:27 #

when the red carpet photos what struck e is that two people are dressed for the same event!!! we had lady gaga and lucy liu in big dramatic affairs and we saw day suits and cocktail dresses etc etc. That said, i love the dress on lucy :D

• noo June 7, 2011 at 13:28 #

NO TWO PEOPLE*

5. Laura June 7, 2011 at 13:55 #

It does feel like a bit much, but I’m not all that bothered by it. This night is about honoring great American fashion designers. Lucy did that by wearing one of these designer’s grand gowns. She looks gorgeous. I see no fault.

6. dee June 7, 2011 at 14:55 #

She looks beautiful even if she is a tad overdressed.

7. Joy June 7, 2011 at 15:36 #

“What this old thing”… she must have been needing to make a statement. Love the gown, absolutely beautiful none the less. I tend to overdress myself so I can totally relate. :)

8. Bec June 7, 2011 at 23:17 #

I’m getting major deja vu with this look? I swear she has worn this almost exact look before!!! :) beautiful nonetheless :)

9. Linda June 8, 2011 at 12:31 #

I find this boring and overdressed. I feel I’ve seen this same dress on so many ladies before that it doesn’t inspire any admiration from me. Sounds harsh, but it’s true.