07.06.11

Lady GaGa In Mugler – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

Most Predictable Award
Lady GaGa was honored with the Fashion Icon Award at the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards last night.

As we expected she wore a Mulger custom gown and shoes she could barely walk in, but on this occasion the most shocking thing was her blue wig.

The singer is almost unrecognisable with this new bobbed do.

On this occasion I do like her look despite not being the biggest fan of mullet dresses.

She adds personality and character to the look unlike some walking mannequins on this red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

More From The 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet

More From The 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet

26 Responses to Lady GaGa In Mugler – 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Beny June 7, 2011 at 18:30 #

I have to say that i love how she looked, i love the way she worked that dress

i dont think it was predictable because she is always bringing more complex looks than this,

this was a simple look for her

2. robbie June 7, 2011 at 18:34 #

vile! trashy! typical gaga.

• Julie June 7, 2011 at 22:28 #

Agreed. I also can’t figure out how she hasn’t twisted her ankle yet.

3. bibi June 7, 2011 at 18:44 #

oops
    the zoo is opened? :-)
    oh well only a superstar La GaGa can shock like this.
    nothing interesting for this world of women to wear!
    I dare my daughter to dress like this!
    Or my son to bring home my daughter-in-law dressed like this! :-)
    sry am just jking

4. Vidhya June 7, 2011 at 18:48 #

neck down.. smoking… neck up.. well, its lady gaga

5. FREDDY June 7, 2011 at 19:00 #

SHE LOOKED SUPER HOT!VERY EDGY AND COOL NOT LIKE THE OTHER BORING CELEBRITY SHES THE REAL FASHION ICON!

6. bb June 7, 2011 at 19:05 #

i hope one day she will give us the unpredictable by showing u in tee and jeans (mayb with no makeup)

that would surely make a headline

7. Courteney June 7, 2011 at 19:09 #

FC you are absolutely right! Lady Gaga trying to force herself to seem unpredictable makes her very much predictable!

8. Megan June 7, 2011 at 19:47 #

Fashion icon?who’s gonna get it next year Kim or khloe kardashian?maybe Taylor momsen? What world do we live in?she is completely overated.

9. dee June 7, 2011 at 20:06 #

So tired of Lady Gaga.

10. vicky June 7, 2011 at 20:11 #

I’m sorry, but Fashion Icon?! Really?!

11. emily June 7, 2011 at 20:12 #

That wig is awful.

12. Sara June 7, 2011 at 20:22 #

I love it and don’t care what anybody else has to say. LOL. She looks great and I really like the aqua hair color. Thanks FC for posting this! I was hoping you would :)

13. GusMex June 7, 2011 at 20:31 #

i use to love every gaga red carpet memento, now is just confusing, is always leather, spikes, platforms, the same, the same, the same, i miss McQueen!!!!

14. laura D June 7, 2011 at 20:57 #

While it *is* predictable, she also looks fabulous. I love it when she wears something fashionable and not *just* trashy/shocking. I also think the hair color is divine on her, and think she’s a beautiful (and massively talented) woman.

People dismiss her as a pop icon but forget she’s intelligent and educated. Her look is an extension of her theories of art and the body, as she expressed eloquently in a college paper.

(Though I do think it’s time to change up the look.)

• mol June 7, 2011 at 21:28 #

I agree with your comments; each Lady Gaga appearance is really more performance art than anything normally classed as ‘fashionable’, and I mostly enjoy seeing her on the RC – this time is no exception. I love her pose and I think she does keep changing things up but sometimes in more subtle ways (if I dare to use that word describing Gaga!) – here it’s her hair and also her eye makeup, which I think looks great.

15. Incroyable June 7, 2011 at 21:02 #

I absolutely think its absurd that she’s been honored as a fashion icon.
    I do not hate this look, I would like it more if someone else wore it (minus that awful Ms Swan wig)

• push101 June 7, 2011 at 22:28 #

Lol Ms Swan

16. mari June 7, 2011 at 22:03 #

hate the shoes. Those really ARE predictable.

17. Luis June 7, 2011 at 22:32 #

In this pictures she looks great. But in the others she was a mess with the boobs showing out and the back of the dress doesn’t exist, it’s just a thong!

18. FionaK June 7, 2011 at 23:19 #

OK people bashing on GaGa she is a fashion icon because there are a lot people now interested in fashion that weren’t before (including me) and Nicola Formichetti IS her fashion director so of course she’s going to wear Mugler. She has her pick of all the best Mugler designs! Ok reigning back in the rant!

Back to the outfit I do think the heels are getting very ridiculous. I really hope they stop getting higher before she hurts herself! I love the wig and it may verge on the ridiculous but I’ll take this over Nicki Minaj anyday

19. Bill June 8, 2011 at 04:28 #

everything about this looks just reminds me of olivier theyskens last collection for nina ricci! It looks like a combination of these dresses
    and the shoes….

Nicola should be ashamed with himself and thought no one would notice.

• B June 9, 2011 at 22:29 #

that was the first time in history we saw strapless black dresses OMG

Noritaka Tatehana have been doing non-heel shoes for years…

20. Alina June 8, 2011 at 16:49 #

I hate it.

21. jx June 8, 2011 at 18:36 #

NEXT!

22. Lucia Uchôa June 8, 2011 at 23:43 #

From Brasil:
    Fashion Icon ?!?
    Hãããmmmmm?????
    Essa mulher é totalmente sem noção.