06.06.11

Hailee Steinfeld In Louis Vuitton – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Try Being 14 Again Award
I was just doing one final sweep of Getty before I shut up shop on the 2011 MTV Movie Awards and I seriously had to do a double take on Hailee Steinfeld.

I honestly thought Getty had got her name wrong, because this can’t be the 14 year old girl we fell in love with earlier this year.

Every time I see her on the red carpet she ages another 10 years.

Was she really going to the MTV movie awards, or was she on her way to a job interview?

Thankfully her green stripped Edie Parker clutch add a youthful touch to this look.

Credit: Getty

Brooklyn Decker In No.21 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Brooklyn Decker In No.21 – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Blake Lively In Michael Kors - 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Blake Lively In Michael Kors – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

20 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Louis Vuitton – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

1. Armaghan June 6, 2011 at 04:09 #

I think u yet have to cover Blake Lively in Michael Kors.
    i know u basically Luv her!!!

2. AJoanna June 6, 2011 at 04:12 #

I’m not gonna lie. This look is totally depressing. She could have at least done a bright color instead of boring white under the jacket. And dropped the neckline about three inches. Oohh, and made the pants mini shorts… or slim cut. And worn bright shoes.And curled her hair or put it up in a slick ponytail.

3. Ella June 6, 2011 at 04:16 #

I love Hailee…..but this is a HUGE misstep. Like you said, it is a job interview outfit….there it would be great, but not here!

4. robbie June 6, 2011 at 04:20 #

oh god! she looks like a business woman not a yonug actress.

5. Martin June 6, 2011 at 04:25 #

Wrong, wrong, wrong, all wrong. I was quite the fan of her in the Miu Miu fall 2011 ensemble last week but this is a truly puzzling choice for Hailee. A pant-suit with a sequin lapel worn over a white t-shirt? This is one of the strangest red carpet looks in recent memory for me. Wrong for the event, wrong for the girl, this seems to me like a 15th choice look.

6. Kaylie June 6, 2011 at 04:37 #

She looks nice, but completely wrong for this event.

7. Alina June 6, 2011 at 04:40 #

Well…it’s quite boring.

8. JacobGH June 6, 2011 at 05:58 #

Why experiment with a “sophisticated” look at the MTV Awards of all places?! Only redeeming quality is the rep lipstick.

9. mikeijames June 6, 2011 at 06:45 #

she should’ve gone the selena gomez route with a very adult dress that had a girl flair.

10. Megan June 6, 2011 at 07:26 #

This is bad but I think I’ve come to the conclusion that she doesn’t have her own style and is just put in these clothes.

11. Emi June 6, 2011 at 08:40 #

She’s 14, red lips? No way… The suit is beautiful, the sequined lapel is a great detail, I love the clutch but this outfit would be great for somebody 20 years older than her. I am not a conservative girl, but this look is tremending wrong, her stylst should be ashamed.

• pam June 6, 2011 at 22:34 #

I like the red lippy. It suits her coloring and in my opinion doesn’t look cheap or too grown up at all. As a matter of fact, there is an entire generation of 50- something ladies whose first lip color was a swipe of Revlon’s “Cherries in the Snow” that they borrowed from their mothers. And I am a conservative girl!

• Emi June 7, 2011 at 08:42 #

Sorry, but red lips for a 14 years old is wrong. We’re getting used to see things like that, but to me, it’s not right. When I was 10-11 I liked to wear my mom’s heels and make up, who didn’t? But this is different, it’s creepy, like it’s creepy to see Suri Cruise with heels and purse.

12. Lucía June 6, 2011 at 10:35 #

I completely agree. Boring, no color..for being 14.

13. Julie June 6, 2011 at 13:29 #

Did Hailee get her teeth done?

• Megan June 7, 2011 at 12:05 #

I think so!! It’s kinda sad though the pressure of her image on her eventhough teeth are soooo important and it’s important to have good teeth someone most likely made her get them done in a cosmetic manner.

14. Tahj June 6, 2011 at 15:00 #

She’s way too young for this look and the red lipstick. She was so age appropriate during the award season.

15. sabrina June 6, 2011 at 15:52 #

Not a good look.

16. pam June 6, 2011 at 22:29 #

I think she is giving off a little bit of a 70′s vibe. Back in 1974 when I was 15 my mother made me an awesome pantsuit that I wore whenever I had to dress up. Those platforms and the sequins are so Studio 54! Some of you youngsters are going to have to look that up. It’s a nice change from all the crotch high minis.

17. pam June 7, 2011 at 20:04 #

Do any of you read the “Go Fug Yourself” blog? The Fug girls and the comments are loving this outfit and the red lipstick. Funny how opinions can be so different.