06.06.11

Catherine Middleton At Epsom Derby

Catherine Middleton looked very ladylike at the Epsom Derby in England this weekend.

She was escorted to the race event by her top-hat-wearing husband, Prince William and his brother Prince Harry.

Catherine followed the white trend by wearing a white Joseph tweed jacket, plus another dress from her favourite store Reiss.

A taupe Whiteleys fascinator, nude patent LK Bennett pumps and a diamante encrusted LK Bennett clutch.

The newlywed is clearly taking her responsibility as a future style icon very seriously judging by this look.

I’m sure we’ll all be interesting to see how she develops.

Hopefully we will get to see more of Catherine out at events like this, so the press can stop focusing on her sister Pippa who’s starting to become as annoying as the Kardashian’s at the moment.

Credit: INFEvents & Getty

Miranda Kerr In Christian Dior - Global Green USA's 15th Annual Millennium Awards

Miranda Kerr In Christian Dior – Global Green USA’s 15th Annual Millennium Awards

In Kyra Sedgwick's Closet - Alexander McQueen Samurai-Shoulder Crepe Pencil Dress

In Kyra Sedgwick’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Samurai-Shoulder Crepe Pencil Dress

54 Responses to Catherine Middleton At Epsom Derby

1. feliciab June 6, 2011 at 19:31 #

“…Pippa who’s starting to become as annoying as the Kardashian’s at the moment.” LOL! Totally agree. Also: the Duchess looks fabulous here.

2. Betty Brandenburg June 6, 2011 at 19:48 #

How very very boring!

3. Marvel June 6, 2011 at 19:49 #

I absolutely adore this and I know this is techinically not a red carpet event, I would love to see her nominated.

The Daily Mail seems to love Pippa. Hopefully they’ll stop focussing on her and focus on the actual Princess

• Fashion Critic June 6, 2011 at 20:37 #

It’s only because they can’t get to the actual Princess, but enough already.

“Get Pippa bum with this pilates video”
      “Pippa goes shopping”
      “Pippa goes to the French Open”

WHO CARES??? lol

• Emi June 6, 2011 at 20:56 #

I agree with you… Pippa is everywhere…

• Tahlia June 6, 2011 at 21:35 #

Pippa’s even all over the covers of our weeklies in New Zealand!
        I never understood why the english media tried to make her so much more than Kate, even years ago labeling her the ‘prettier, more popular sister’ yadda yadda – was this just them trying to take a dig at Kate?

I think the princess looks stunning here for what it’s worth.

• Fashion Critic June 6, 2011 at 22:09 #

wow….I thought it was only us suffering with her over exposure.

• Marvel June 6, 2011 at 22:42 #

LOL. I cant believe they are calling her ‘Her Royal Hotness’ She showed her ass on her sister’s wedding day. Nothing more than that.

• Crystal June 7, 2011 at 01:55 #

you actually call that an ass? JLO has an ass!

• Emi June 7, 2011 at 08:53 #

In Italy they talk about her every day, FC, you’re not alone… Honestly, I don’t find her particularly beautiful but if your bum is seen from 2 billions of people worldwide…

• bibi June 6, 2011 at 23:17 #

• noo June 7, 2011 at 02:10 #

the daily mail actually still focused on pippa this weekend, she ran a marathon :D

• molly June 6, 2011 at 21:43 #

I wonder how Catherine feels about her sister being in the media more than here. I would probably like it just because it takes the media away from me.

• Elena June 7, 2011 at 14:24 #

ho FC we are suffering that in France too!! Pippa is everywhere!!!! you cannot open a magazine without seeing her!! pfffff

4. moja31 June 6, 2011 at 20:03 #

that boob pocket jacket is all kinds of matronly. wish she’d worn eugenie’s dress.

• noo June 7, 2011 at 02:20 #

i agree this is aging her, but all her looks do that!
      i loved what eugenie wore, and her hat was a refreshing break from all the fascinators :D

• ahot June 7, 2011 at 16:43 #

me three. No need to look mumsy to show great taste or to win people’s heart. A belt would have made a big difference.She is not “there” yet. Long way to go to achieve iconic elegance.

5. JB June 6, 2011 at 20:11 #

UGH! I thought I was the only one that was OVER Pippa. I never was a major fan. I feel like the only people that say they love her are the ones that want to be “different” and think Pippa is > than Kate. But she’s not… and I’m not even a person that is all Team Kate. I like her enough, but Pippa? Ugh.

6. Lucía June 6, 2011 at 20:12 #

I know what you mean about Pippa. I like some looks, but honestly she’s not that interesting. I absolutely love this look.

7. Megan June 6, 2011 at 20:14 #

Lol @pippa is starting to become more annoying than the kardashians so very true but I will get just annoyed by any Kate hype.Besides that I’m not a fan of this look Kate has a good body but she is nothing special and she is looking very old here.

8. Anita June 6, 2011 at 20:16 #

She looks so beautiful – just so gorgeous.

Saying that though, I would love to see her wearing more colour. She mostly always wears muted colours and always seems to play it safe. But I guess with the pressures of being under immense scrutiny shes more cautious about straying out of whats expected.

Hopefully as she becomes more comfortable with her position, she’ll start to “relax” her style and experiment more. E.g. like Princess Victoria of Sweden.

9. Emi June 6, 2011 at 20:59 #

She looks cute, the fascinator is really cute, but I think this look ages her. Also, I don’t like the fit of the jacket, and the position of the pockets is wrong, unflattering effect. I like Prince Harry, so cute!

• mari June 7, 2011 at 03:08 #

ITA!! the fit is all wrong, like loose or something, she looks fine otherwise. Perfer her with her hair down, tho.

• Betty Brandenburg June 7, 2011 at 10:06 #

Almost all her looks age her!

10. Raquel June 6, 2011 at 21:11 #

I love that her hair is not loose. It’s very refreshing.

• bibi June 7, 2011 at 12:26 #

Me2….she’s indeed fresh …clean….elegant…smiling beauty..and Lady!
      The couple looks “Soooooo British” :-)

11. gabis June 6, 2011 at 21:40 #

I love her style. I loved everything about her looks except for the jacket. It aged her quite a few years…

12. maria June 6, 2011 at 21:44 #

i love this look. It’s summery, it’s appropriate but it’s a bit sexy with the short and flirty skirt.

I also like the hairstyle.

13. molly June 6, 2011 at 21:46 #

This is really cute. I usually do like what she wears, but its just so boring and overrated. I went to get my hair cut yesterday and my stylist and I had a whole conversation about how boring Catherines style is :P
    I do love that she has her hair up. I wish she wore it like this to the wedding. Very pretty. I just wish the jacket showed more skin and was more fitted around the waist.

14. pam June 6, 2011 at 21:49 #

I’m thinking that there is probably a pretty dress hiding under that ill-fitting jacket. Not really feeling the hat. I figure she has got a lot of hats in her future, might as well get the bad ones out of the way.

15. Jones19 June 6, 2011 at 22:00 #

Couldn’t agree more about Pippa, she’s so overexposed and people are actually fawning over what she wears. *eyeroll* This look is very summery yet formal, a hard balance to strike.

16. Courteney June 6, 2011 at 22:09 #

I love this look! I’m so excited to see what she wears next!

17. lifeisdolce June 6, 2011 at 22:15 #

i love how her style is becoming more personal; two years ago she would have worn this with a knee-length tweed skirt and knee-high boots. loving the flirty white skirt.

18. mikeijames June 6, 2011 at 22:18 #

i love that she wears reiss in the same way that michelle obama wears j. crew! i just wish she’d spice it up in her own way with something to take it to the next level. michelle has her brooches and her necklaces, it’s time for duchess kate to find her signature.

19. Rebecca Z June 6, 2011 at 22:50 #

Total boring snooze. Very matronly. I just don’t think she has to be this careful.

20. Rebelr June 7, 2011 at 00:40 #

Nice, clean, & chic. She looks great.

21. alannah June 7, 2011 at 01:18 #

i think this is such a beautiful look! what would the temperature have been like at this event FC? i also think from reading a lot of the comments above that a lot of people forget that she is a Duchess.. sure she can branch out a little bit but its not like we’re going to see her trotting around the town in Herve!

22. Ella June 7, 2011 at 02:38 #

I love Catherine’s look!! Very lady like, demure, and everything!

And no, you aren’t the only one getting over exposure of Pippa. In the US, Pippa is all over the place….and personally, I find Kate much more interesting!

23. b June 7, 2011 at 03:23 #

she’s so friggin pretty!

totally agree about Pippa. i think she looks weird especially the face

24. Luis June 7, 2011 at 03:48 #

I don’t like the colour of the fascinatour, doesn’t match the dress… Pippa is the new obsessions of the tabloids and I can’t understand why, because Catherine is more beautiful than the manly face of Pippa…

25. Lily June 7, 2011 at 05:01 #

I adore this look. It’s like a cheap version of a vintage Chanel outfit, but without looking cheap or too vintage, if that makes any sense. She makes some interesting choices and I would wear this in a heartbeat.

26. Angela June 7, 2011 at 05:43 #

I agree with you about Pippa. She’s pretty, but I think she looks older than Kate and she’s not as stylish as Kate! I love the duchess’s style. :) Elegant & classy, yet trendy at the same time.%Pr

27. Rach June 7, 2011 at 06:34 #

I really love Kate’s style, I think she has recently always looked stunning but her choices still feel natural and uncontrived. The up-do is is a nice change as well.

Re Pippa – I’m getting sick of the constant coverage too, but I don’t really think it’s her fault! I don’t think she should go into hiding just because the Daily Mail is obsessed with tracking her every movement (and to be fair, she does generally look great too). The Kardashian comment made me laugh though – I imagine the Middletons would be horrified if they became the Brit version!

• DivaMom June 7, 2011 at 14:48 #

I agree! She didn’t ask for her sister to marry a prince. She’s living her life and if people want to photograph her all over the place doing it., so be it! It’s not her fault and she needn’t go into hiding for fear of becoming “over exposed.”

• Elena June 7, 2011 at 16:21 #

I don’t agree, it seems that she trying to do everything she can to be in every single magazine..

28. roxana June 7, 2011 at 07:34 #

GORGEUS!

29. Christine June 7, 2011 at 07:42 #

I am actually a Pippa fan but I wouldn’t want to see her in a reality tv show. As for Kate, I agree that she could do with a bit more colour and spice.

30. D June 7, 2011 at 09:07 #

not excited about her look

31. Alina June 7, 2011 at 11:09 #

Love this!

32. Fiona June 7, 2011 at 11:48 #

I like that she is keeping her signature simple style for now, although a little more sophistication will hopefully develop in time. Also glad to hear less of Pippa, magazines just love new cannon-fodder I guess. By the way, shouldn’t we be calling her Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, or even HRH Catherine Windsor now?

33. Lee Ann June 7, 2011 at 12:08 #

She looks like a Thunderbird puppet
    I wish she would wear Erdem

34. kiwi June 7, 2011 at 13:11 #

Ladylike and demure

35. Julie June 7, 2011 at 14:24 #

This look is too matronly for her. I’ve liked her other recent looks, but this one doesn’t work.

In fairness to Pippa, I don’t think she asked for the media to latch onto her as they have. :)

36. Nia June 7, 2011 at 16:22 #

I agree with some of the other commenters who said this look ages her. To me it doesn’t make her look young and fresh at all – a bit too matronly.