06.06.11

Blake Lively In Michael Kors – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Werk It, Own It Award
I’m always disappointed when celebs skip the red carpet, but Blake Lively was at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards tonight to present an award with Ryan Reynolds.

She looked stunning on stage wearing an electric blue Michael Kors fitted dress with illusions panels and purple suede Louboutin’s.

Blake in Electric Blue? I think my heart just stopped.

For those who say Blake looks trashy I really want to hear your thoughts on this look.

Michael Kors isn’t a trashy brand, her twins are covered and her dress is respectably above the knee, so I’m wondering what faults you may find with this look.

I think she’s made a very real effort to tone down the sex appeal on this occasion, but it’s not her fault that her body is smokin’ hot.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Louis Vuitton - 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Louis Vuitton – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Mila Kunis In Balmain - 2011 MTV Movie Awards

Mila Kunis In Balmain – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

71 Responses to Blake Lively In Michael Kors – 2011 MTV Movie Awards

1. Fashionmeal June 6, 2011 at 04:29 #

This woman is pure sin. She is waaay too gorgeous and to top it all off, she can carry off ANYTHING she wears. Heck, give her a garbage bag and she’d make it the next Hollywood ‘it’ dress. Not even kidding.
    You go gurlfraynd.

2. Ashley Spiker June 6, 2011 at 04:30 #

Why didn’t see wear the Blake shoes?!? Ah!

• Fashion Critic June 6, 2011 at 04:32 #

Has she worn them yet?

• keely Craig June 6, 2011 at 05:04 #

haha no, they are butt ugly

• Giuseppi Giraffe June 6, 2011 at 16:44 #

oh this would have been good for that!

3. Courteney June 6, 2011 at 04:31 #

Digging this dress!

4. Kaylie June 6, 2011 at 04:33 #

Well she *had* to cover up on this occasion. She’s dealing with a nightmare PR situation over those dozens of nude photos leaking and she’s about to start heavy promotion for her movie.

5. Gillian June 6, 2011 at 04:33 #

I think she went to the “tone down sex appeal” look after her nude pics leaked. :/

• Fernando June 6, 2011 at 05:42 #

those ones are fake, it’s not even her.

• didi June 6, 2011 at 06:11 #

Ohh boy! that’s definitely her ! since the new nude photos hit the web , her rep have been in silence..

we all seen this before. First denial , and then confirmation..

i have to agree in this one with Gillian…

• mikeijames June 6, 2011 at 06:44 #

even if they’re fake, it’s a story she has to deal with. i don’t think she wanted to add more fuel to the fire right now. and i agree with FC, even in this very toned down look, her body makes it look absolutely scandalous.

blue is definitely one of her best colors.

• rita June 6, 2011 at 09:35 #

Only blind people would sayb it’s not her. Even Stevie Wonder would have known it was her and the fact that she denies it is really sad. She should really own it up and people might actually sympathize with her; I bought THE SUN last week and she was in full screen on the “rd page, it was totally her, her famous pout and her fake boobs 5 now I understand why they didn’t seem to need any kind of support lol !). ANYWAY, she looks great here lol. Classy…

• advo June 6, 2011 at 11:03 #

LOL.

Yep, they are so fake that the girl in the pictures had the same phone and cover that Blake had a couple of years ago and the same sized mole in exactly the same spot as on Blake’s back. Yep. So fake. She even practised the Blake poses perfectly.

The blue dress is good on her – she covered up for once, but I’m ~dying~ to know if that was the dress she was originally going to wear, LOL.

• Kate McCarthy June 6, 2011 at 11:04 #

They are her.her PR havent said anything since the second set were released because its so blatently her,at least she looks good in them!

• Jen June 6, 2011 at 14:53 #

Definitely they are her. But you know, if *I* had that body… I’d probably be tempted. Ha.

She looks great here. Love the color of the dress, the color of the shoes, and her hair pulled off her face. I agree if it weren’t for the pictures, though, she would have worn something more revealing.

6. Alina June 6, 2011 at 04:34 #

She looks beautiful. She’s even posing better.

7. Ashley June 6, 2011 at 04:34 #

Very cute dress. But I’m not really getting the purple shoes. She looks great though

• dee June 6, 2011 at 15:24 #

I think she looks good but I wish she wore sandals.

8. Luis June 6, 2011 at 04:36 #

she looks very stunning and sexy in a classy way : )
    im sure many are going to disagree but she really knows how to work it out.

haters are going to hate on her no matter what.

9. X. Crespo June 6, 2011 at 04:41 #

I’m torn about the shoes. I mean, I like contrast but… not particularly with these two colors. And it’s not the first time she has done this combination, I’m afraid.

I think the suede texture on the heels and those unfortunate bracelets cheapen her look, but don’t make it exactly trashy. She somehow gets away with it.

10. Verena June 6, 2011 at 04:41 #

Oh yes, she did tone it down on this occasion. Coincidence this happens exactly the week her naked pix hit the web? I think not. Damage control.

11. Incroyable June 6, 2011 at 04:43 #

She’s FIRE!! As usual! She is one VERY genetically blessed girl LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

• Jess June 6, 2011 at 21:56 #

That or just blessed to have a very skilled and discrete plastic surgeon …

• ahot June 7, 2011 at 16:53 #

Oh come on hun, even the best surgeon can’t give you those legs. I love this! FC is right, her Body will always add sexappeal to her every outfit. Not every one can have that. Wish to see her more in things like this

12. Corbin June 6, 2011 at 04:45 #

Oh, I’m sure she dressed more conservatively because of the recent scandal. But I’m glad that she still managed a way to look gorgeous, classy, and sexy at the same time. Stay strong, B!

13. Janice June 6, 2011 at 04:51 #

I love her, but a bit disappointed her rep says the girl in the nude pics was not her when obviously you can see her face. cmon we are not dumb! but that doesnt change my love for this blake. so chica.

• Jamie June 6, 2011 at 11:15 #

It’s called photoshop…

14. Allyson June 6, 2011 at 04:54 #

I think it is an “okay” look for Blake Lively. The dress is pretty, the shoes are amazing. But for some reason she bores me! To be honest, she wears beautiful things, but she doesn’t have a sense of style. She wears so many beautiful things but they are so random for her, there’s nothing about the dresses she wears that represents who she is. She’s just a pretty girl in pretty outfits to me.

15. Nikki June 6, 2011 at 05:36 #

I don’t think that people who dislike her style are necessarily jealous or are haters. I guess the common reaction really is “what’s the big deal?” when looking at a Blake Lively photo. Apart from her legs and her nice err, *assets* there really is nothing more you can admire. The clothes wear her most of the time, there is no personality coming thru any of her looks that I’ve seen. Here with her hair pulled back she seems to resemble Giselle Bundchen actually. I am a big Serena fan, but not Blake. I find that there is a major difference.

• Allyson June 6, 2011 at 06:36 #

Totally agree!

• Emi June 6, 2011 at 08:33 #

I totally agree with you, I don’t like her style and I don’t think she’s particularly beautiful, also, her *assets* are not natural, so… I prefer Leighton Meester, she has sense of style (even if in the past she chose bad outfits). I think she looks good here, even if I don’t like the accessories with this beautiful dress. I also appreciate that she shuts her mouth while posing. I heard about the sexy photos, so, fake or not, she improved her look. I don’t think it’s a matter of body, it’s a matter of attitude, lots of women are sexy but they don’t need to pose like playboy girls all the times.

• Tahj June 6, 2011 at 15:03 #

I agree. It can’t be jealousy when many of us who think “what’s the big deal?” are prepared to rave about more beautiful and stylish actresses like Charlize Theron or Zhang Ziyi.

16. justme June 6, 2011 at 05:42 #

The dress and the shoes don’t work together imo.

• bas June 6, 2011 at 09:26 #

i agree, I don’t like those shoes with the dress

17. Michelle June 6, 2011 at 05:44 #

AMAZING! The hair, makeup and dress. NOW let’s do something about those shoes!

18. rebecca o June 6, 2011 at 05:59 #

Those shoes are awful.

19. seggie June 6, 2011 at 07:32 #

LOL@it’s not her fault that her body is smokin’ hot
    She looks amazing, fresh and natural, she has the body of a model from the 90′s aka Cyndi Crawford and it’s so nice to see a woman body on the red carpet and not some stick thin lil girls

20. S June 6, 2011 at 07:33 #

The only thing she’s got going for her is her body. She can’t act, her face is very average and basic… absolutely nothing about her screams “it girl” to me. Plus, she’s a huge hypocrite.

While the dress is nice and pretty, this isn’t a good look at all.

21. Taylor June 6, 2011 at 07:33 #

She’s working this look…that dress fits like a glove and is both sexy and classy.

22. Sisi June 6, 2011 at 07:49 #

She looks like a man……

23. Christina June 6, 2011 at 07:54 #

People have got to stop nagging about the naked photographs. Even if it is her, it doesn’t change how she represent herself at events, and she’s still the same chick as she was before they ‘leaked’. Get over it and focus on something else.
    She looks stunning in my eyes. Which answers ‘what’s the big deal?’ for those who think like that every time they see her; some finds more than her body shape, beautiful. I think she’s beautiful in an overall sort of way. Unique? Maybe not, but not everyone can look ‘super duper unique’…

24. Camille June 6, 2011 at 08:08 #

love everything but the shoes. they don’t compliment, they distract. wrong texture and style for this dress, tho I have to say, the look from the ankles up is killer.

25. Chinyere June 6, 2011 at 08:37 #

I have NEVER been a Blake Lively-hater or a hater of any woman for that matter– I think we should all celebratory of one another, whether it be for beauty, talent, intelligence or whatever else. On that note, Blake almost always seems to miss the fashion mark for me by just a short note. I LOVEEE her MK dress and the color is truly STUNNING on her, her body is beautiful, and she’s so gorgeous. However, her choice of shoes definitely be on one of FT’s “Shoes She Should’ve Worn…” posts.

26. Emma June 6, 2011 at 09:44 #

The dress is OK, it looks like a cross between a Victoria Beckham dress and one from the Verasce Spring 2011 collection.

Those shoes are so clunky and ugly, she should take notes from her castmate Leighton.

And the jewelry, there are other jewelry brands than Lorraine Schwartz.

But Blake likes to rotate between very few designers so I’m not surprised.

27. susie June 6, 2011 at 10:03 #

haha…scandal – carefully coreographed i bet…staged to sprooze up ms Lively’s image a notch or two…this is not a good look for her it is ageing her…strange coloring…her body is hot and fierce..and the boobs are fake like everybody else’s in this hollywood babe game…

28. Lucía June 6, 2011 at 10:34 #

I don’t think there’s anything wrong. But the looks is so her, I love it when she goes for different things.

29. Marvel June 6, 2011 at 11:25 #

LOVE
    Beyond amazing.

30. mandy June 6, 2011 at 11:28 #

Up close she did have a lil pit sweat. Lol. But yeah gorgeous overall.

31. Kelly June 6, 2011 at 12:48 #

For me, the dress isn’t trashy, the shoes aren’t trashy, and the hair/make-up aren’t trashy. Put them on someone like Leighton and I would fall in love. However, the way Blake carries herself (to me) always exudes sexiness, but of the not-so-classy kind. *This* is what makes her look trashy to me on nearly every occasion and why I was disappointed to she was chosen to front Chanel.

There are women who werk the curves and stay classy (like Salma, Penelope) and those who have too much sex rather seduction in it (like Blake).

32. Julie June 6, 2011 at 14:19 #

Not normally a fan of Blake’s looks, but she looks elegant here.

33. Leti June 6, 2011 at 14:42 #

She looks AMAZING. Whether it’s because of the recent scandal, or not, I wish she brought this type of restraint to her clothing choices more often. She’s so sexy, she really doesn’t have to be so in-your-face about it all the time!

34. Tahj June 6, 2011 at 15:02 #

It is her fault because her boobs are completely fake. I think she’s overrated. Her fashion is not good and her face is not that great. She’s just a great body and that’s not even real. She will do anything to be A-list which is why she’s clinging on to Ann Wintour, Leonardo DiCaprio, Harvey Weinstein, etc and denying those pics were her.

35. moja31 June 6, 2011 at 15:34 #

not loving the hair, and the illusion of pit cleavage, but otherwise she looks good.

36. mochababe73 June 6, 2011 at 15:55 #

I like it, but I found it to be inappropriate for the MTV Movie Awards. This is more like for a luncheon.
    Love Michael Kors!

37. Giuseppi Giraffe June 6, 2011 at 16:43 #

i like the coloring-shoes and dress combined look great to me and i think her accessories are good too. the detail at her arm/shoulder/armpit is distracting to me, and i don’t care for the ponytail, but otherwise she’s fine

38. bb June 6, 2011 at 16:45 #

don’t see the big deal of her nude scandal to be honest. its nothing i’ve never seen before. she’s been showing most of her assets for the public to see

this time she looks good tho. super hot bod but i do feel sorry for her face. you can’t get it all (done) right?

• Fashion Critic June 6, 2011 at 17:16 #

I don’t see the big deal either. It’s already yesterday’s news to me.

Nothing we haven’t seen before.

• LizLemooooon June 6, 2011 at 17:21 #

I agree! I think the scandal is about who the pics were sent to and it jibes with this all american clean cut girl she tries to portray. I don’t like her but I don’t like that people have been judging her for taking the pics. It’s her (amazing) body, she can do what she wants with it.

39. LizLemooooon June 6, 2011 at 17:17 #

I don’t care for her but I can’t deny she looks great for once. I’m SO happy that she’s dressed like this. I’ve always thought that if she kept the design of an outfit minimal and didn’t go for anything fussy and kept her make up minimal she could look great and she does. She gets to show off her banging body and still look stylish. The bracelets and the shoes are questionable but yes good look.

40. Carmen Sandiego June 6, 2011 at 18:56 #

this is the first and only time I’ve liked something she has worn.

41. emily June 6, 2011 at 19:08 #

Someone who has a face like hers must never wear her hair like this. Her body looks great in that dress but I am heavily distracted by her awkward pose&face.

42. Hisadora June 6, 2011 at 21:09 #

Amazing. I love it, she looks classy and gorgeous!

43. Raquel June 6, 2011 at 21:22 #

Blake is a pretty gilr and has a nice body, but I agree with the poster who said that most of the time the clothes wear her. I like the dress, the shoes not so much, but it’s the lack of jewelry and the poor makeup and the bad hair that makes it bad for me.

44. carolina June 6, 2011 at 21:29 #

GORGEOUS

45. pam June 6, 2011 at 22:22 #

It’s a little tight. Love the color. But those illusion panels make the dress look like Blake’s got two sets of arm pits and that’s just gross. The shoes would be good in October.

46. Vidhya June 7, 2011 at 05:48 #

The greatest thing about Blake is not her fashion sense. The fact that she has made people sit up and notice her and her clothes is an achievement in an industry full of so many other blonde beauties. Loving and hating her has become secondary.

47. bewie June 7, 2011 at 08:16 #

I don’t think this is Blake Lively. Nope, totally 100% fake

48. sam June 7, 2011 at 10:41 #

Amazing – except the shoes. They are TACKY. Love the idea of the color as it brings in the bangles – but they are way too clunky and with the red soles … just no.

49. serenissima June 7, 2011 at 15:07 #

I hate Blake Lively, I won’t deny it. Something about her just turns me alllll the way off. The dress looks great and her body looks hot but she still screams tacky to me. I think she’s just a tacky girl.

50. annasamaiyah June 7, 2011 at 15:41 #

STUNNING !! I love the dress she wears it well nd the shoes gorgeous ! The combination of the colors r good …well done Blake

51. Katie June 10, 2011 at 12:45 #

Stunning….so true FC Blake can’t help it that she has such a smoking body…she has it all…