Iman In Prabal Gurung – Gordon Parks Foundation Awards Dinner

Iman attended the Gordon Parks Foundation awards dinner and auction at Gotham Hall in New York City last night.

The supermodel looked stunning wearing a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 on-trend colour block blue and yellow ensemble.

The colours are perfect for her skin-tone and I love how the top drapes off her shoulder.

I’m dazzled by her beauty, her sensational look, those breath-taking marine blue custom Irene Neuwirth earrings, but her choice of footwear is a huge let down.

With Iman’s walk-in shoe closet, I’m sure she could’ve found a more complementary pair.

Do you find yourself put off by the shoes? Or would you still consider this for BDOTW?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Heidi Klum's Closet - Isabel Marant Etien woven linen-blend jacket & Isabel Marant Stripe Crop Pants

In Heidi Klum’s Closet – Isabel Marant Etien woven linen-blend jacket & Isabel Marant Stripe Crop Pants

Heather Graham In Donna Karan - "Kimchi Chronicles" Launch Party

Heather Graham In Donna Karan – “Kimchi Chronicles” Launch Party

28 Responses to Iman In Prabal Gurung – Gordon Parks Foundation Awards Dinner

1. ber June 2, 2011 at 14:01 #

Oh, the shoes! They KILL the look.

• bibi June 3, 2011 at 10:20 #

she used to be a very beautiful woman of yesteryears! …Now is two photos she looks sooooooo “OUT”
      the hair and the skin tan(or whatever) looks so uni-color.
      waste!

2. Giuseppi Giraffe June 2, 2011 at 14:04 #

I don’t hate the shoes, but there are definitely better choices out there. With a look like this, I don’t know why she didnt take advantage and do something fun. The earrings and hair are great and I love the colors on her.

3. Alina June 2, 2011 at 14:05 #

I don’t like the shoes,the skirt’s lenght and I think the earrings are too much.

• dee June 2, 2011 at 15:24 #

I agree. She should have shortened the skirt, worn different shoes and the earrings are too long.

• mol June 2, 2011 at 15:34 #

I agree – it could have worked, but no.

• Emi June 2, 2011 at 20:46 #

The earrings don’t bother me, but I agree about the shoes and the length of the skirt. I wouldn’t consider her for BDOTW, but if I look at the close-up… she looks great so… maybe… yes she deserves it.

4. Rachel June 2, 2011 at 14:06 #

The shoes are bad….and the skirt could’ve been shorter like on the runway! From the waist up perfection!

• KateS June 3, 2011 at 03:06 #

I agree – perfection from the waist up, but it could have used some tweaking below.

5. Nikki June 2, 2011 at 14:22 #

I would disagree about the color being perfect for her skin tone. I would say that she should have worn another color as I cannot see Iman… I see the dress. The clothes are wearing her instead of the other way around.

I love Iman but on this occasion, I think she got her footwear wrong. She’s still gorgeous though.

• Lara June 2, 2011 at 15:20 #

I agree completely with what you said

6. Victoria June 2, 2011 at 14:37 #

This is a WOW look for me! The shoes are kinda disappointing but I say yes to BDOTW. :)

7. Christine June 2, 2011 at 14:49 #

Big zero for the shoes, the rest, including earrings, is stunning.

8. Lucía June 2, 2011 at 14:53 #

I don’t like that lenght either…

9. Nia June 2, 2011 at 14:55 #

Oh Lord, those shoes!!! Other than that I really like the outfit and the colours on her are beautiful.

10. Jen June 2, 2011 at 14:56 #

Wow. As much as I love bright colors, hate this. Ill fitting, fussy (way too much going on with the hair and earrings and neckline) and horrible shoes.

• Rebecca Z June 2, 2011 at 19:53 #

I wouldn’t go so far as to say hate, but she has looked so much better in other outfits. I agree, I don’t think it fits her that well and the model has the shoulder drape going across her body which makes it lay flatter–an advantage in my opinion. If that were flatter, I’d say the hair and earrings would be fine.

11. Moxie June 2, 2011 at 15:45 #

The shoes just bring down the whole outfit.

12. Yvett June 2, 2011 at 15:49 #

Good lord! Not a fan of those shoes. A fun pair would’ve been preferred, or at least a nude pair.

More seriously, I cannot get over the skirt length! She has such great legs! The runway length shall accentuate those legs much more!

Anyways, I still love the colour blocking theme!

13. diva June 2, 2011 at 15:52 #

I would not take her anywhere close to BDOTW looks. I think her face looks quite senile in this; the skirt of this length looks wierd on her ( propably its her posture too that adds to the misery) and shoes ring the death knell to this look!

14. Lucinda June 2, 2011 at 15:56 #

I love the colours with her skin tone, so jewel like.
    I think the earrings are a bit fussy and not in keeping with the rest of the outfit style.
    The skirt desperately needs to be shorter and a delicate pair of starrpy shoes would have been more sympathetic.
    I also think this would have looked better if she had worn the top like it was presented on the runway, then the lines across the top would have been cleaner.

15. Parvati June 2, 2011 at 17:04 #

I would have really liked this look if she had chosen more interesting shoes and if the skirt was a bit shorter. I don’t like this length.

16. Taylor June 2, 2011 at 17:07 #

She looks so good I didn’t notice the shoes at first…they are a bit of a downer though

17. Dazzle June 2, 2011 at 17:13 #

I love Prabal,love Iman,love this look. Even the jewlery,hair,and makeup are perfect. But damn those shoes. They are a complete and utter eye sore. I immediatley zeroed in on her feet. All that fun,summer color then BAM! An icky black sandal that doesn’t remotely go with the vibe. So disappointing.

18. smolls June 2, 2011 at 18:06 #

Those shoes hurt my feelings – they are such a let down to an otherwise gorgeous look.

19. laura D June 2, 2011 at 19:14 #

Like most others here, I love it to the knees – then the skirt’s length is awkward, and the shoes too heavy.

20. Gail June 3, 2011 at 04:40 #

I most definitely am put off by her dark color shoes. Why would she wear dark colored shoes with such bright vibrant colors. Her shoe choice totally killed the whole ensemble.

21. Shaina June 3, 2011 at 15:23 #

She looks beautiful! If it were up to me, she’d still be BDOTW worthy.