Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – “Il Mondo Vi Appartiene” Dinner

I’m going to be very honest and say that I’ve never quite got the fascination with Charlotte Casiraghi.

Her Gucci front knot dress from the Spring 2011 collection which she wore to the Il Mondo Vi Appartiene’ Dinner in Venice Italy yesterday evening does nothing to change my mind.

Clothes always seem to wear her and I would even go one step further to say that she doesn’t appear to be that interested in fashion.

This Gucci colour-block look with a gold obi belt makes her shoulders appear very broad.

Charlene Wittstock has broad shoulders, but it’s never an issue because she carries herself so well.

I’m wanting Jennifer Lopez, Zoe Saldana, Gemma Arterton, Olivia Wilde or Blake Lively to save this look for me because Charlotte fails to excite me in this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Samantha Barks In Celia Kritharioti - Jameson Empire Awards 2013

Samantha Barks In Celia Kritharioti – Jameson Empire Awards 2013

Alessandra Ambrosio In Dolce & Gabbana - Victoria's Secret Bombshell Tour

Alessandra Ambrosio In Dolce & Gabbana – Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Tour

28 Responses to Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – “Il Mondo Vi Appartiene” Dinner

1. Incroyable June 2, 2011 at 16:13 #

She looks so disheveled. It looks like she’s wearing something from the Gap Kids collection, the size & fit are atrocious. Such a waste of good clothes

2. Nia June 2, 2011 at 16:46 #

Wow, is this the same outfit J-Lo and Kerry Washington wore recently on separate occasions? They did it so much better justice.

• Fashion Critic June 2, 2011 at 16:50 #

it’s not the same dress

3. DivaMom June 2, 2011 at 16:58 #

Just WHUCk is this?!?!?! Ewww…

4. Christine June 2, 2011 at 17:15 #

Shame she looks lifeless in this gorgeous outfit. I love the shoes and the tassles. The skirt could have done with some ironing and the shoulders do indeed look rather 80s.

5. Tiffany June 2, 2011 at 17:46 #

hot mess

6. dee June 2, 2011 at 17:46 #

This look doesn’t excite me as we have seen clothes from this collection before and more put together. It’s like the Spring D&G collection for me. Once you’ve seen one outfit you”ve seen them all.

7. maria June 2, 2011 at 17:50 #

she is a beautiful girl, gorgeous face, but she has a very athletic body and does not dress it to the best results

• bibi June 3, 2011 at 10:15 #

that’s it!!! She’s just a normal rich woman! And not super-model! like the other photo!
      Lucklily I’ve seen this woman near up!
      She really chic!
      maybe the photo is bad or she’s just haggered out!

8. Emi June 2, 2011 at 18:04 #

First of all I think that she’s very very beautiful, lucky girl… with such a grandmother… Then, I used to like her before, now that she attends more important and glamorous events I think that it shows that she hasn’t a great sense of style, but also she hasn’t that “wow factor”. The fit of this dress is terrible, I agree her shoulders seem really broad but I think it’s because of the wrong size. I dislike the length and all those creases… It’s another miss from her.

9. bb June 2, 2011 at 18:38 #

oh this is bad

10. bas June 2, 2011 at 18:40 #

Spanish tv presenter Sara Carbonero wore this same Gucci look, and looked fabulous! this is such a disaster!!

11. Gilda June 2, 2011 at 19:52 #

She looks so miserable. Did anyone force her to wear gorgeous clothes?

12. Rebecca Z June 2, 2011 at 19:56 #

It looks bad and she looks bored out of her mind.

13. sauterelle June 2, 2011 at 20:15 #

I agree, Sara Carbonero looked great!! This must be one of the worst looks ever of Charlotte

14. Lily June 2, 2011 at 20:25 #

Well said. The clothes wear her. She’s pretty but brings no personality or personal flair to the clothes. She’s a hanger, and that’s boring.

15. Jones19 June 2, 2011 at 20:41 #

Agh no she’s ruining my favorite look from this collection. For shame!

16. Lucía June 2, 2011 at 21:59 #

We’ve seen a lot of this collection and it’s a little bit boring. Anyway I don’t think it’s the right attitude for that dress and the skirt has wrinkles.

17. Sophie June 2, 2011 at 22:18 #

It’s painful to see her wearing this so badly…

18. Bec June 2, 2011 at 23:11 #

she sucks the life out of everything she wears!! Shes probably one of those girls who doesn’t think she has to try because everyone tells her she is so pretty.

19. Rachel Marie June 3, 2011 at 00:08 #

I would venture that the fascination with Princess Casiraghi stems from her iconic grandmother and the fact that she was reportedly – in her teens – the world’s youngest couture client. I don’t think she has gone too far wrong with this look. She chose the right shoes and kept her hair simple. She looks like she’s been sitting in it for a while and if she didn’t have her arms pressed to her sides the hips would fan out as they’re designed to do. These are pretty forgivable mistakes when one is out to socialise and not at an event to work. Which she never is!

• Elena June 3, 2011 at 09:42 #

Thank you Rachel!!! I agree totally with you

20. Raquel June 3, 2011 at 14:23 #

Well, Sara Carbonero’s try at the look, you can see that her skirt is wrinkled, too. I don’t blame this on them, because this kind of fabric can be a pain. But the fitting of Chalotte’s top is a mess, the shoulders aren’t quite right as they are on the catawalk or Sara.

While I agree that the colorblocking trend will be over before August, it’s refreshing to see so much color and different color combinations – some of them work really well, wouldn’t have thought about orange + purple/dark lavander.

21. imam June 3, 2011 at 18:14 #

for me it looks better on jennifer hudson…. what about you?

22. Blueaura June 4, 2011 at 06:01 #

This is not her best look as the dress is not suited for her body type. She’s an athlete not a fashion model, but I think she’s pretty and classy. She could try harder when dressing out for events like she did in the premiere of La Dolce Vita event.

23. Hadara June 7, 2011 at 01:55 #

She doesn’t have the boob definition to really pull this off, either.

24. mochababe73 June 9, 2011 at 19:45 #

Kim Kardashian wore this on yesterday. I think that she feels it out better. But, I like Charlotte’s shoes more than Kim’s.