Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Mandy Moore or Rita Wilson

Mandy Moore attended this year’s Oscars wearing a beautiful Monique Lhuillier Spring 2011 nude sequin and tulle gown.

The delicate gown features a heavily sequined bodice, clustered together to form a sweetheart neckline. A barely visible overlay drapes down into sequined half-sleeves.

Mandy made the dress her biggest statement and added only a pair of earrings and a matching ring to the dress. She wore her hair in a chic bun and added a splash of colour with some coral lipstick.

Rita Wilson wore the same dress to attend the Buckingham Palace State Banquet with husband Tom Hanks last week.

She wore gold accessories with her look, which included dangly earrings, an intricate cuff and a matching clutch which added to the gorgeous sparkles of the dress. Like Mandy, she also chose to wear her hair up in a bun.

Both women look amazing, but my vote has to go to Mandy.

Even though it was a predictable choice, I definitely think it’s more age-appropriate on her. I also think Rita went a little overboard with the blush and would have preferred more subtle makeup paired with this dress.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & Getty

Halle Berry In Roland Mouret - 2012 Variety’s Annual Power Of Women Event

Halle Berry In Roland Mouret – 2012 Variety’s Annual Power Of Women Event

Who Wore Cushnie et Ochs Better? Teresa Palmer or Ciara

Who Wore Cushnie et Ochs Better? Teresa Palmer or Ciara

18 Responses to Who Wore Monique Lhuillier Better? Mandy Moore or Rita Wilson

1. Lucía June 1, 2011 at 10:47 #

I’ll choose Mandy Moore but I think both looked great.

2. bibi June 1, 2011 at 11:09 #

I vote for the model

• dee June 1, 2011 at 16:26 #

I second that.

3. aiyu June 1, 2011 at 11:22 #

I choose Mandy Moore. The dress fitted her to a T.

• noo June 1, 2011 at 17:09 #

yea, on rita it didn’t fit very well so it looked wrinkled :S

4. ullis June 1, 2011 at 11:50 #

Mandy looks stunning! Irrelevant to this post – but did you see the new very explicit piccies of Blake Lively? Oh poor B.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 13:20 #

Yes, but I don’t think its her. Despite what many think of her she’s not that stupid and besides if you look at the picture I have on her on my site using her iPhone it’s a totally different iPhone to the one used in the naked photo’s

5. Thomas J Monks June 1, 2011 at 12:06 #

Mandy has a glow about her in this dress and it is a dress for a younger more sophisticated celebrity so my vote is def for Mandy

6. Bernd Meier June 1, 2011 at 12:39 #

mandy moore all the way

7. Rachel June 1, 2011 at 13:01 #

I love the dress, it’s so beautifful, but in both of these ladies, I think that something is missing…I wonder if a tiny gold/nude belt would be a good addition to this dress.

8. Tahj June 1, 2011 at 17:18 #

I actually think Mandy Moore looks too princessy whereas Rita Wilson looks elegant in the dress. But ofcourse the older actresses always lose these polls.

9. Giuseppi Giraffe June 1, 2011 at 17:44 #

They both looked nice- I voted for Rita Wilson because I like her accessories better, although I hadn’t noticed the makeup, and that might have swayed my opinion. I dunno… but to me, this dress needs someone with a lot of curves or it takes on a Mother-of-the-Groom kind of feel and loses the tinkerbell aspect. It’s meant to be worn cute, I think.

10. ahot June 1, 2011 at 23:15 #

Naomi Watts wore the same at Met i think. Blah gown overall

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 23:23 #

Naomi wore Stella McCartney

11. TRCunning June 2, 2011 at 06:56 #

I don’t know it it’s just the lighting or her pose but the bodice on Rita’s is just so glaring. However I do much prefer her makeup and accessories.

12. Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:48 #

Hmm. Interesting. I’m the opposite. I find this dress rather matronly in it’s styling despite all of the sparkle. Though I agree that Mandy Moore pulls it off better.

13. Emi June 2, 2011 at 10:02 #

Mandy, very very easily. She looked radiant, and i like that she didn’t add accessories to this sparkling gown. Sorry, Rita looked like a mummy, she seems Tom Hanks’ mother, too much make up, unnecessary bracelets.

14. Raquel June 3, 2011 at 14:36 #

Well, I think they both look great and I don’t se why it is more age approriated for Mandy. I mean, because of the shoulders and cleavage? I think it’s appropriated, the think fabric there covers it in a very interesting way. Yes, Rita’s makeup is awful, but I don’t like Mandy’s hair either. What this shows, however is like two woman with different bodies and age can look appropriated for th event and look well wearing the same dress.