01.06.11 X Factor

The X Factor UK Judges Birmingham Auditions

It’s only day one of the X Factor UK Birmingham auditions and already the new judges are in locked in a bitter “style war.”

Last year it was Cheryl Cole vs. Dannii Minogue, this year it’s Kelly Rowland vs. Tulisa Contostavlos.

Both ladies have very different styles.

Despite the big hype both looked quite meh today.

Kelly tried waaaaay too hard wearing a neon yellow lace Twenty8Twelve cropped top with a black mini skirt and the appropriately named Lady ‘Daf’ Louboutin pumps

I was more pleasantly surprised by Tulisa who was more demure wearing a black DKNY jumpsuit with red sandals.

I’m sure as time goes on designers will start throwing clothes at these two.

Remember how Cheryl went from Alice + Olivia and Topshop to Atelier Versace and Stéphane Rolland? I can’t see that happening on this occasion, but you never know.

Credit: Xposure

Kylie Minogue In Emilio Pucci - "Aphrodite Les Folies Tour" Australia Launch

Kylie Minogue In Emilio Pucci – “Aphrodite Les Folies Tour” Australia Launch

Heidi Klum In Isabel Marant - Aol Photoshoot

Heidi Klum In Isabel Marant – Aol Photoshoot

34 Responses to The X Factor UK Judges Birmingham Auditions

1. Paddy M June 1, 2011 at 14:18 #

Problem is, Cheryl started out with Alice + Olivia and Topshop. Tulisa still has a long way to go to get that far. She’s still at Peacocks, Primark and Adidas…

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 14:44 #

Sadly you are so very right

• Marvel June 1, 2011 at 15:17 #

Its funny that you mention that because I just came across the video on youtube .
      (skip to 0.14)

• leah June 2, 2011 at 12:38 #

It says she wore DKNY & those shoes are from Topshop so clearly it’s already a step up lol.

2. Marvel June 1, 2011 at 14:20 #

Im suprised you actually featured this FC. With no Cheryl or Danni I’d imagine the fashion is going to be kind of lacking.

I would imagine Kelly will be sticking to tight Herve Leger dresses and Tulisa will most likely go for high street dresses.

I cant imagine Verscae lending her clothes but it’ll be very intresting if that happens

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 14:44 #

I only featured this to prove that there is really no point to continue to follow these two.

I think it will be my last post on them because I find neither interesting.

• Marvel June 1, 2011 at 15:02 #

I wont blame you if this was your last post :)

3. Nia June 1, 2011 at 14:22 #

I find both of these outfits quite unflattering. Disappointed!

4. alannah June 1, 2011 at 14:27 #

wow… what a step back from danni & cheryl. i dont have high hopes for these girls at all. kelly looks just downright awful. tulisa looks better but not still not what i would expect from leading judges on a television show.

5. Coco's Tea Party June 1, 2011 at 14:37 #

This is the first time I’ve seen these snaps, and I’m not wowed by either look. I don’t have high hopes for the fashion this year, but did expect something more than this. Kelly is gorgeous though so I hope she can pull in some great looks for the live shows.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 14:46 #

I agree. Like I said to someone else, if it continues like this I won’t bother following the X Factor this year.

I was bored by it last year, and this is doing nothing to spike my interest.

6. Kate McCarthy June 1, 2011 at 14:42 #

They both look ….ok.nothing to excite me.im actually excited about Tulisa being a judge,she made an amazing doc for BBC3 about living and caring for people with mental illness,her mum suffers from it.it was fantastic and heartbreaking.theres more to Tulisa than meets the eye.

7. DivaMom June 1, 2011 at 14:54 #

“Look at me!! I used to dance on stage with Beyoncé! I have my bellybutton exposed, for crying out loud, even though I’m over 30 years old!!… Please.. somebody, ANYBODY look my way…”is what Kelly is screaming on the inside. Poor girl.

• Rita June 1, 2011 at 16:06 #

It would be nive if you could tell the same to your 30 year old MARRIED woman called Beywnance. At least Kelly has the body for it…

• DivaMom June 1, 2011 at 16:54 #

It *would* be nice of me, wouldn’t it?! So, point me to a blog with Bey’s belly exposed and I’d say the same. It’s a time and a place for everything. And further, just because someone is a certain size, build, or body shape doesn’t mean they can where any and everything. It’s about class and good taste. Always.

8. roxana June 1, 2011 at 15:06 #

ugly, ugly!

9. robbie June 1, 2011 at 15:09 #

wow both look so cheap.

the only thing that i shall miss about the x-factor was dannii sporting australian designers and her collection of earrings.

10. mm June 1, 2011 at 15:09 #

Kelly will ruin every look with those horrible wigs choices. She is so gorgeous in person but needs to stick to her natural hair!

11. Lisa-kaye June 1, 2011 at 15:55 #

I’m not keen on either outfit, but if i had to choose a winner it would be Talisa.
    And can somebody please tell me what the fascination is with the Louboutin Daffodile shoes????, they are the most horrid clumpy ugly shoes i have EVER seen!! I would not have a pair for free!!

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 16:04 #

I’m yet to figure it out….Burn them all I say, they have to be the ugliest shoes I have ever seen.

• Lisa-kaye June 1, 2011 at 18:51 #

Glad someone finally agrees with me FC :)

12. Lauren Williamson June 1, 2011 at 16:03 #

Two very boring outfits. Kelly looks like she’s about to go out clubbing. Tulisa’s look surprised me as I expected her to look very ‘street’. However I still don’t like it.

One thing I will say is WOW look how tiny Kelly is! Theres nothing to her.

13. Mille June 1, 2011 at 16:04 #

Not talking about those outfits [mjeh], but who is Tulisa?
    I’m not from UK and I have never heard of her.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 16:22 #

She is a singer in a group called N-Dubz. I don’t know much about her either

14. asherlev1 June 1, 2011 at 16:10 #

I’m not particularly enamoured of either outfit, but you’re right FC, Kelly looks like she’s trying *so* hard.

15. Joy June 1, 2011 at 16:27 #

Both looks are extremely uninteresting. Gary Barlow was the most stylish judge at today’s auditions for me, lol.

16. Courteney June 1, 2011 at 20:03 #

I like Kelly’s hair but that’s about it.

17. doc June 1, 2011 at 21:05 #

I don’t buy it. If Cheryl Cole would have worn either one of these outfits you guys would’ve eaten it up like cake and ice cream. Especially that polka dot jumper. I can even see her in that in my mind. Cheryl’s not coming back you guys, she don’t want to be there anymore. Stop holding up other people to what she did fashion wise and let them be as they want to be.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 21:20 #

Get a grip. Both outfits are ugly I would have said the same had it been Cheryl.

Cheryl is not coming back she because she got too big for her boots thinking she was good enough to crack America with zero talent, but then Karma came knocking on her door and she was sent packing back to the UK.

Next time she will think twice before beating up toilet attendants in nightclubs.

She’s not on the UK version because then she will have to admit to the fact that she FAILED after only 4 auditions in the US.

Hopefully she will stay under the rock she’s hiding under so I don’t have to read silly comments like this again.

• CreoleLady June 1, 2011 at 21:52 #

“…then Karma came knocking on her door…” ROTFLMAO. Best. Sarcasm. Evah. Remind me not to get on your bad side :)

• ahot June 1, 2011 at 23:18 #

Right!

• Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:33 #

*Two Snaps*

18. Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:39 #

I’m going to go out on a limb. I actually don’t hate…Tulisa’s (is that her name) outfit.

There’s something that tows the line an inch shy of hideous, and I find myself attracted to it.

And Kelly…..video skank chic, I see. And I’m really tiring of the long straight dark hair, blunt fringe, and pink lip. Nicki Minaj has pummeled this look to death. Find some thing else to rip, Kelly.

19. Emi June 2, 2011 at 09:59 #

Meh? I think these two outfits are incredibly ugly. I’m glad you won’t dedicate them other posts, FC.