01.06.11

Blake Lively For Glamour US July 2011

The gorgeous Blake Lively shows just how beautiful she is on the cover of the July 2011 issue of Glamour US wearing Michael Kors Fall 2011 look.

The actress was interviewed by BFF Florence Welch who got Blake to opened up about prepping for red carpet events and her penchant to play darker roles.

Her stunning editorial sees her wearing Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Stella McCartney, Marc by Marc Jacobs and many more designers shot by Terry Tsiolis.

You can read the full interview at Glamour.com, but here are some extracts.

On twitter: “People ask me why I don’t tweet. Honestly, I’m so sick of myself.”

On becoming the new face of Chanel’s Mademoiselle handbag: “It’s such an honor. When I found out I got [the job], you and I went to dinner and concocted this plan, like two little girls at a tea party, saying, “Oh, it would be the best if we had a party. And you’ll perform, and we’ll do it in Paris.” Like you and I were in charge of Chanel!”

On being her own stylist: “I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better. And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I’m going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That’s a terrible idea!”

On getting ready for an event: I like it to be easy. I don’t feel like I have to do so much with hair and makeup, because I’m the mannequin for these beautiful clothes, so I never want to do anything too distracting. Most of the time, I put my hair in a ballerina bun, and I take it down and it’s wavy, and then I leave. I feel shy when people are fussing on me. And my diet of choice before events is a chicken potpie from Tea & Sympathy, because they never have enough food at these things.”

On breakups: “Every relationship you have, you’re learning and growing and taking something from that. So for me, it’s never been too dramatic of a thing when something ends.”

On being drawn to darker roles: “I’m drawn to those roles because [they’re so] rare, especially for someone my age. Women in film are often the prizes for the men and nowhere near as layered or complex as the men get to be. My character in The Town was written for a 37-year-old. I had to fight for that role. But also, I’m not this super-tortured soul, so it’s fun to be able to go there.”

Sweater, shorts, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti; earrings, Lorraine Schwartz

Cardigan, Tom Scott; shorts, Raoul; bracelets, House of Lavande; pumps, Christian Louboutin

Blouse, bra, Stella McCartney; jeans, American Apparel; earrings, Miriam Salat; bracelet, Pono by Joan Goodman; ring, Lorraine Schwartz; pumps, Christian Louboutin

Sweater, Marc by Marc Jacobs; shorts, M Missoni; earrings, Miriam Salat; cuff, Oscar de la Renta

Dress, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti; earrings, House of Lavande; pumps, Celine.

Patty Hou In YSL - Music Golden Melody Award Announcement

Patty Hou In YSL – Music Golden Melody Award Announcement

In Miranda Kerr's Closet - Roland Mouret Macha Stretch Dress

In Miranda Kerr’s Closet – Roland Mouret Macha Stretch Dress

52 Responses to Blake Lively For Glamour US July 2011

1. Marvel June 1, 2011 at 17:30 #

Gorgeous. Cant wait till she starts promoting Green Lantern

I must admit that she tends to contradict herself in interview

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2011 at 17:36 #

Me too…I predict 200 comments per post lol 100 love/100 hate

• Marvel June 1, 2011 at 17:54 #

LOL. Im hoping too because its a big blockbuster and she should be go around the world promoting it. fingers crossed

• bb June 1, 2011 at 18:43 #

It will definitely go up past 200 post, if we’re allowed to talk about her fake ‘leaked’ nude photos

hehe

The shoots are amazing though I really question the cover. Her face looks really weird..

• perfumeorpoison June 1, 2011 at 20:06 #

i thought the cover (her face) looked weird too! but the rest of the editorial is absolutely wonderful <3

• Crystal June 2, 2011 at 01:11 #

i dont like the cover, rest of the photos are amazing =)

2. rawda June 1, 2011 at 17:36 #

WOW! The Stella McCartney top and bra and the American Apparel jeans look is breathtaking! Just Wonderful!

• rawda June 1, 2011 at 17:39 #

I love the hairstyle of that look too but on another note, WHO is that girl on the cover ? Geez, i wish they had taken it easy with the photoshop cause i would take an un-retouched candid for her instead of this cover any day!

3. Victoria June 1, 2011 at 17:38 #

Thank you FC for sharing this! :D

Firstly, I love the cover and the shoot! It’s so fun and bright and natural! Second, I really like Blake, she’s just so down to earth and likable in every interview or appearance and in the things she says. :)

4. Dazzle June 1, 2011 at 17:42 #

Boring,boring,boring. So tired of this girl. She always looks and sounds exactly the same. *yawn*

• dee June 1, 2011 at 19:30 #

I am on the same page as you. Not that pretty or talented in my opinion.

• Dazzle June 1, 2011 at 20:27 #

She’s just a whole lot of fuss for nothing if you ask me. Great body but very mediocre face and talent. And her fashion is beyond predictible. She simply bores me.

• molly June 1, 2011 at 22:07 #

I 100% agree. She tries way to hard to be a sex icon, a style icon, and everything that she is not. Im so sick of her. She was good in The Town, but thats it.

• Tahj June 2, 2011 at 01:07 #

She does try too hard to be an icon and she will do ANYTHING to be an a-list star. She has family and business connections though. So she has all the press on her side who hype her up like they did Gwyneth Paltrow in the late 90s.

• Letícia June 7, 2011 at 13:31 #

She bores me too. The more I see/hear of her, the more I’m convinced she’s just another ordinary bimbo. Granted, she’s prettier than most, but I really never understood the hype. Don’t understand why everyone “respects” her so much.

5. Gigi June 1, 2011 at 17:43 #

I think her interview is great…. and photos as well, yet on the cover and the 2nd photo with the pink top, she doesn’t quite look like herself. Is it Photoshop? And with all the eye makeup – unrecognizable – but still gorgeous. No wonder Leonardo fell!

6. Giuseppi Giraffe June 1, 2011 at 17:52 #

What a lovely interview- I can’t decide which of these looks is my favorite :)

So cute- she started doing her own wardrobe because she didn’t know any better. Love it and I’m glad she does it all herself. :)

I don’t know how true it is that “darker” women’s roles are all that rare, though. As soon as I read that, a dozen movies popped into my mind in which the leading female character is complex and strong.

But whatever. She looks great.

• Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:24 #

They exist.

They’re just going to be more skilled actresses :-/

7. Hisadora June 1, 2011 at 18:05 #

I love her shooting, she looks so beautiful!!! So she is back to blonde???? MUCH better!

8. Elaine June 1, 2011 at 18:09 #

OMG – she looks AMAZING!!!!!!! I love this shoot. she comes across very likeable too….

9. keely Craig June 1, 2011 at 18:29 #

The lighting is great (go crew!) Has she ever said anything remotely intelligent? Clemence Poesy should have her position with Chanel.

10. Emily June 1, 2011 at 18:35 #

She looks amazing in the spread but am I the only one that thinks her face looks a bit odd in the cover shot??

I too love the Stella McCartney/AA look!!

11. OZALES June 1, 2011 at 18:38 #

I’m starting to really like this girl. i love the Stella McCartney look..

12. Jen June 1, 2011 at 18:42 #

Gorgeous styling. I love the glamorous 60s makeup and hair.

13. Paddy M June 1, 2011 at 18:52 #

The editorial is beautiful, but she’s so precocious in her interview. I don’t buy it when she says she’s sick of herself and doesn’t know any better about styling one minute, and then the entire section on getting ready for an event is so self-satisfied!

14. Voguette June 1, 2011 at 18:54 #

looks better naked

• cartouche June 2, 2011 at 15:36 #

agreed! her boob and nose job were wise decisions.
      work that PR girl!

15. Emma June 1, 2011 at 19:12 #

Good styling but she’s boring. Lost all respect for her because of the not fake photoleak

16. Bewie June 1, 2011 at 19:23 #

Even with all the brandnames, she manages to make this fashion set look …off the rack? It looks like something from a mall catalogue no? Nice makeup though

17. dee June 1, 2011 at 19:26 #

Not a fan.

18. Laura June 1, 2011 at 19:58 #

I get a Brigitte Bardot vibe in some of these looks. Really like the editorial. The lighting in the last one is exquisite, and Blake posed perfectly for it.

My mom always told me, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” With that in mind, I have no comment on her interview and her position at Chanel. :D

• mol June 1, 2011 at 21:07 #

I was thinking the same thing re: a BB vibe, and I too love that last shot – it’s all from a more playful, more sexy/innocent era that really suits Blake well. As for the interview, one can hardly read a mag interview on anyone that isn’t trite, so i hardly bother anymore – it’s not like you are going to get some insightful information…..As for Chanel, it seems like there is near universal agreement on that being a poor match, which doesn’t necessarily say anything bad about Blake per se.

19. Courteney June 1, 2011 at 20:01 #

Surprisingly, I like the editorial. I have to give credit where credit is due, true fashionista’s know how to style themselves rather pay someone to style them. She doesn’t always get it right but at least she tries. Kudos for Blake styling herself.

(On a side note, I think it’s bizarre that she’s dating Leonardo DiCaprio.)

• Kaylie June 1, 2011 at 21:58 #

I think “dating” is a bit of an overstatement. lol. DiCaprio is a serial womanizer.

• Courteney June 1, 2011 at 23:24 #

Well he was with Bar Raefali and Gisele Bundchen for a while.

• Tahj June 2, 2011 at 01:06 #

I don’t buy that she doesn’t have people who get her clothes together. She has all these connections in the fashion industry, Ann Wintour is on her side, and she treats the red carpet like a career. She just thinks it makes her seem cooler to say she doesn’t havea stylist. She has people who do exactly what a stylist does, she just probably doesn’t title it that.

• Courteney June 2, 2011 at 20:24 #

Good point

• Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:25 #

Are they official. I was under the impression that it’s a rumor.

20. Kaylie June 1, 2011 at 21:59 #

I really like most of the shots in the editorial — she looks beautiful — but I HATE the over-photoshopped cover. Why on earth would Blake’s face need to be photoshopped?

21. Luiza June 1, 2011 at 22:12 #

Maybe if she got a stylist she would always look this good! I really liked the editorial pics, no signs of tacky or cheap!

22. Jones19 June 1, 2011 at 23:35 #

Ahh she looks stunning, I adore all of those looks.

23. Dorian Gray June 1, 2011 at 23:39 #

I LOVE this girl, no matter what.
    (and I think she the Marc by Marc Jacobs, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Ralph Lauren girl more than Chanel girl)

24. Tahj June 2, 2011 at 01:04 #

She’s a cute girl, but not as beautiful as people say. She has a perfect body though. I just feel like people make too much of a fuss out of her. I feel like she uses her connections to get ahead. She seems like she would do ANYTHING to be an A-list star. Not surprised by the Leonardo DiCaprio hookup. I think her costar from Gossip Girl is prettier in the face and a better actress. She just doesn’t have her connections.

25. Taylor June 2, 2011 at 02:43 #

Gorgeous girl.

26. Katharine June 2, 2011 at 05:08 #

Blake Lively is a gorgeous woman, but occasionally heavy makeup and drastic hoicking up of the girls takes her into Polythene Pam territory (“so goodlooking but she looks like a man”). The styling here plays to her strengths – she even carries off the ugly giant polka dots …

At the moment she’s more famous than her accomplishments warrant, so I think some people feel that she’s being shoved at them – it will be interesting to see how her acting career goes after Gossip girl.

Thank you, FC, for posting the pictures here, since Glamour magazine excludes non-Facebook users.

27. Zarine Mohideen June 2, 2011 at 05:56 #

I like her! It maybe the overdose of Gossip Girl talking but I do!

Love the makeup!

28. roxana June 2, 2011 at 07:25 #

gorgeus as always.

29. Ayesha June 2, 2011 at 08:33 #

she seems really likeable and i really love the photos,specially the Stella McCartney looks.

30. mikeijames June 2, 2011 at 08:36 #

she looks so stunning and poised in these photographs. it’s hard to reconcile the girl we see here — and in the chanel ads and sitting front row with anna — with the vamp who wears versace couture and courts scandal. it’s like there exist two blake livelys.

or perhaps she’s just a method actor :)

31. Hadarah June 2, 2011 at 09:26 #

She styles herself.

Shocker.

I do like whomever styled her for this shoot, however.

32. Jo June 2, 2011 at 15:22 #

PERFECT! Love these photos. Blake is, to me, to-die-for beautiful. Apart from the cover shot, where she doesn’t look like herself at all thanks to the (over) photo shopping.

33. Jazz June 2, 2011 at 15:49 #

she looks stunning,as usual. I really like her off-screen personality, she’s always down to earth and so likeable. as for her position at chanel, she looks fabulous in the ads and i dont have a problem with her fashion choices, so kudos to her.