You loved Michelle Obama in Ralph Lauren above all others this week.

This proves that despite some of the harsh (unnecessary) criticisms about her weight, that she’s still very much a style icon in our eyes as she’s rarely beaten in these polls.

Whilst I fully agree with your choice, I opted for Jessica Chastain in Roland Mouret.

Since I billed her as one-to-watch back in December last year, I haven’t been that excited about her red carpet looks.

That all changed at “The Tree of Life” LA Premiere when she hit the red carpet glowing in Persian green Roland Mouret gown.

Credit: AP & Getty

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Who Wore Peter Pilotto Better? Carey Mulligan or Samantha Cameron

Who Wore Peter Pilotto Better? Carey Mulligan or Samantha Cameron

9 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Michelle Obama In Ralph Lauren & Jessica Chastain In Roland Mouret

1. Tahj May 29, 2011 at 19:20 #

I still really liked Rihanna’s white suit and Kirsten Dunst’s white dress, but still both AMAZING choices. Great fashion these past few weeks. Cannes Film Festival was really impressive, I thought.

2. Charlotte May 29, 2011 at 19:42 #

I totally agree with your opinion on some of the comments. Calling the First Lady a “fat cake” is totally uncalled for. She is such an inspirational woman who has amazing style and grace and there is no need to be to disrespectful.

She shouldn’t have to apologise for not being a size 2 like so many hollywood women are today. And the thing is, she isn’t even overweight; at all!! Comments like that make me feel sick and it’s shocking how obsessed some people are with weight. Disgusting..

On a lighter note, did you see Zoe Saldana wearing Elie Saab Couture on the cover of Prestige? She looks beautiful. I hope that dress still has a redcarpet outing :)

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2011 at 19:48 #

OOh I will have to check it out.

I feel so behind on my magazine editorials since the Awards season and Cannes.

• rawda May 29, 2011 at 20:05 #

I saw that cover 2 weeks ago; she looks fantastic, LOVE the hair too but i agree, something this beautiful has to have the red carpet show-off outing it deserves. :)

3. Mary May 29, 2011 at 20:13 #

Women should not bring other women down for their weight! Mrs. Obama is not obese, quite normal-sized, and that dress is truly beautiful. On the other hand, her project of tackling childhood obesity in the US is quite controlling and invasive. She even commented that her daughters need to lose weight. So that is probably the reason why people lash out at her weight so often. Not because she looks unhealthy, but because they are frustrated with her ideas. That is no reason to say someone’s dress is ugly because they are “fat” when they certainly are not.

4. Emcee Fashionista May 30, 2011 at 06:52 #

Give credits to Michelle Obama’s fashion consultant. This person truly knows how to dress her client well. She/he has a good taste on classy clothes.

5. Treatment28 May 30, 2011 at 08:11 #

I love all of Roland Mouret designs. Great structure with feminine silhouettes.

6. Jones19 May 30, 2011 at 18:48 #

People have been criticizing Michelle’s weight? She looks healthy and fit to me.

• dee May 31, 2011 at 15:27 #

Yeah that is news to me too. She has a great figure. I see nothing wrong with her shape.