27.05.11 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Michelle Obama Look Of The Week?

FLOTUS (The First Lady Of The United States) was impeccably well-dressed all week.

She really turns things up a notch during state visits.

This week she was in Ireland and the UK, showcasing both American and British designers.

My personal favourites from this week were her Preen, Ralph Lauren and Peter Som ensembles.

Credit: PA, Fame Pictures & AP & Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Best Dressed Of The Week - Michelle Obama In Ralph Lauren & Jessica Chastain In Roland Mouret

Best Dressed Of The Week – Michelle Obama In Ralph Lauren & Jessica Chastain In Roland Mouret

20 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Michelle Obama Look Of The Week?

1. artemis May 27, 2011 at 12:42 #

I love the Peter Som and Ralph lauren looks!
    I like her style! She is never boring and that is rare for a First Lady!:-)

2. b May 27, 2011 at 12:47 #

My favorites: The Tom Ford, Mc Queen, Ralph Lauren and Peter Som.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Ralph Lauren.

3. klara May 27, 2011 at 12:56 #

sorry for being soooo offtopic but i really had to think about you while reading this ;) http://celebrity-gossip.net/bryce-dallas-howard/bryce-dallas-howard-baby-way-509406

and btw i love the roksanda illincic dress with the coat :) have a nice weekend xoxo

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2011 at 15:01 #

lol…I think a lot of readers did.

At least it’s confirmed now :)

4. noo May 27, 2011 at 13:18 #

i agree with FC on the preen and the ralph lauren :D

today i read that bryce dallas howard is pregnant and right way you came to mind FC, thank god there was a reason for that reem acra fiasco :D

5. rawda May 27, 2011 at 13:52 #

she is one elegantly-dressed FLOTUS ;)

6. Anna May 27, 2011 at 13:55 #

She’s wearing my two favourite colours together with the Roksanda Ilincic/Narciso Rodríguez outfit and it’s just stunning, have to go with that!

7. Manja May 27, 2011 at 14:16 #

my personal fav are the last two,RL and PS,but all looks are good,chic and elegant.

8. Dazzle May 27, 2011 at 14:31 #

The Peter Som is the showstopper here for me. I just love it. The colors,the accessories,her hair&makeup. Just perfection.

9. Femme May 27, 2011 at 15:21 #

My god she looks SO beautiful in Ralph Lauren Everything from this look is perfect, the accessories, the dress, the make and especially the hair!

10. Alyssa May 27, 2011 at 15:35 #

She really should have worn that Peter Som outfit instead of the atrocious Barbara Tfank to meet the Queen, Kate and Wills.

11. mol May 27, 2011 at 15:45 #

Once I see all the looks together, the ralph Lauren gown jumps out – perfection!

12. Mia May 27, 2011 at 15:46 #

I like the evening gown looks. I just wish her styling team would show her how to walk and stand like a proper first lady.

13. Estranged May 27, 2011 at 16:37 #

I loved this Preen ensemble on the runway and I love it on Michelle. Though I find this picture quite unfortunate.

14. Tahj May 27, 2011 at 17:04 #

Have to go classic. Nothing beats classic black with diamonds. Ralph Lauren. She looks regal there.

15. Moxie May 27, 2011 at 18:27 #

LOVE the Peter Som look. That is fantastic. Also love the color combo of the Roksanda Ilincic/Narciso Rodríguez outfit.

16. Bridget May 27, 2011 at 19:12 #

I think the first lady is beautiful and by far one of the most stylish first ladies the U.S. has ever had, BUT I feel like there is always one detail off. There always seems to be one detail or accessory that should be tweaked, removed, changed etc.

17. carrie May 27, 2011 at 21:13 #

all her outfits are great choices and they are all elegant and beautiful, but she has always struck me as a very masculine woman. she always gives me the impression of a masculine woman who should be in sports wear but is now playing elegant dress up.

18. Emi May 27, 2011 at 21:13 #

Ralph Lauren!

19. DM May 30, 2011 at 02:27 #

Just about all of these looks are horrid. The only decent one is the Peter Som outfit. Why do people think this woman is a style icon? ew.